• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
As I posted earlier, Digital Foundry mentioned the artifacts in their video. At 14 minutes. The developer knows about it and are working to fix it.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Well my PC install is all borked. It won't finish syncing saves with the internet for some reason. Going to tell it to reinstall and then carry on playing on Series X.

jikevgw

Jan 22, 2020
Don't know if it's just me but the rumble on the xsx pad feel really intense in this game .

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Played about two hours, and honestly, I feel like the dual world mechanic is kind of... uninteresting. Not to armchair design or anything, but I feel like if I were in total control to be able hop between both worlds at will, things would've been a lot more interesting mechanically and narratively.

That said, I'm still enjoying my time, though. Its been ages since I've played a proper Silent Hill and this game is hitting all of the right notes.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
The game is really good so far aside from some of the technical issues, ~5 hours in.

I get the same things on the Xbox Series X every now and then. Seen them during a certain cut-scene as well (in the spoiler below). Such odd visual artifacts.

During the cut-scene with Thomas, some parts would have colored artifacts only on his face. The rest of it was fine.

I'm not that far yet so I stopped reading your spoiler after the name drop, lol.

I hope they manage to iron out these technical issues, it's a pretty good game so far. Enjoying this a lot more than Call of the Sea.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Played up until the part where you meet the little girl. The game is really nice looking visually. Love the atmosphere and the music is great so far. I'm honestly not finding it particularly creepy yet, but it's early. Curious to see how the dual world mechanic evolves too.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
Just met Sadness then had to take a break. Really liking it so far. Exploring the run down resort is right up my alley. Can't wait to dive back in.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
playing on PC with a 3080 desktop:

The environments look next-gen and the lighting is impressive, though they don't look as good as the other Next-gen only game I've played in Demon's Souls. That being said, the animations are rough and the performance is terrible even without considering the dual world gameplay. Get micro-stuttering, and during one cutscene it dropped from 90 fps to 65 fps and back constantly, and was just a mess. I guess that's the framepacing issue DF was talking about.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Played a few hours, got to the hotel managers office and
Encountered the monster for the first time. What a cool and creepy design, very Guillermo del Toro-esque. Sounds like Troy Baker voicing it as well, dude knows how to turn up the creep factor for sure. Shame the stealth section that follows is so rudimentary.

Cool game so far, the setting and story have me intrigued, even if it is just a Bloober walking sim with fixed camera angles. I will say the dual reality thing is pretty cool too, but thus far none of the puzzles have really necessitated the use of the split screen, although I assume that may change further on. Soundtrack is aces too, I don't know if Yamaoka did the whole thing are just parts of it but it's great.

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
I'm having a really hard time getting into this. Its all just so boring so far. Im definitely going to give it a couple more hours and hope it picks up a little. Shout out to Gamepass for keeping me from impulse buying a game I may not enjoy.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
The panned out camera in the opening areas is a great way of adding larger scope to some scenes, big change from the claustrophobia of Observer. Unfortunately the dual screen mode is also a half framerate mode and I'm over here playing at a super cinematic 24fps.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Folks using the spoiler tag, could you please give more details about what you're discussing? I'm playing but I never know if I'm far enough to click on the spoiler, haha!

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
Playing this game with m/kb is kinda lame. The controls are meh.

Made it to the entrance of the hotel. The story seems okay so far, though to be fair I'm barely in the beginning.

I need to get a bigger SSD so I can install this on it. The stuttering when going between worlds is annoying.

AdamT

Oct 27, 2017
Providence, Rhode Island
This was great. Got through it in about 8-9 hours. Intriguing from start to finish. A few framerate hiccups, but nothing that wouldn't be fixed quickly or worth negatively scoring on.

EasyCompany

Jan 28, 2018
Glad most people are enjoying this so far! I've got my hands full with a few other games but will likely jump in after a patch or two.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Just jumping to the end of the thread. Anybody getting slight frame jutters / drops when going into cutscenes?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Loving the game so far,after about 90 minutes...its a slow start but still,the atmosphere is great,it looks pretty damn good on the SX,the creepy/moody sounds and score is awesome as well,cant wait to keep playing tomorrow.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I'm really enjoying this game. Devs did a pretty good job, they're certainly getting better with each new game.

Seems like they're fans of Death Stranding.

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
My PC is holding up surprisingly well right now. Mostly in the 40-50 fps range with sudden jumps as high as 110 when inspecting items and drops as low as 15 in intensive dual reality sequences.

It's obviously not ideal to be sub-60 on a PC in 2020, but I legitimately thought my 1060 and i7-4770k would struggle to get 30fps most of the time. I'm pretty proud of my little build that could right now.

Performance aside, I'm digging the game so far. That jump scare got me good with my headphones on. Y'all know the one if you've played far enough.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those games where I look at some of the review outlets that gave a 3/10 and can't help but think "what the fuck game were you playing?"

I'm about 4-5 hours in and it's a legit 9/10 for me so far. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice level quality in the AA space.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I am having such a difficult time getting into this. It is just so damn boring, and it's not only that the pacing is sluggish, but that there is just no tension. The dual world mechanic is so uninteresting and feels so underutilized, and the atmosphere they're going for just isn't working for me at all. There's no horror, just Marianne sulking around places, going "huh? What's this?"

Kelly Burke is fantastic as Marianne but everyone else that I've encountered so far is hamming it up, and it really undercuts the emotional tone they're going for.

I'm going to try and finish it as it's apparently fairly short, but I'm not really enjoying myself. Another mediocre title from Bloober, so far.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks mate

Also, WTF AT THAT JUMP SCARE, almost got an heart attack lmfao

It's funny that a bunch of folks are talking about the same scare, which makes me wonder how far in are those that say they haven't experienced it. You can't miss it. Or you weren't fully paying attention to the game at the time lol

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
I'm an hour or 2 in and having a great time. I'm a weirdo who has missed fixed camera angles/classic survival horror games.
Also, I think I saw a reference to the protagonist of 1408 lol

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont get app the praise the graphics are getting. Playing on a series X, and besides resolution quality and HDR this could easily be a late gen ps3 game. Marriane looks so divorced from the background, like she floats over the ground. Especially noticeable going down stairs. I won't even start on her character model.

Also texture pop in galore.

Hopefully the story is enough to draw me in, but after 2 hours I'm still feeling a bit meh...

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played too much but so far it's way better than I expected it was going to be... like way better. Not sure where the story is going but the atmosphere is there, I love the look of it. They for sure know what they're doing with forced perspective and I'm just happy to be playing another one of these games.

The music is of course fantastic as well.

It's for sure my type of shit.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
I dont get app the praise the graphics are getting. Playing on a series X, and besides resolution quality and HDR this could easily be a late gen ps3 game. Marriane looks so divorced from the background, like she floats over the ground. Especially noticeable going down stairs. I won't even start on her character model.

Also texture pop in galore.

Hopefully the story is enough to draw me in, but after 2 hours I'm still feeling a bit meh...
It's the art, almost every screen could be a wallpaper. They really outdid themselves with designing each room. Tech wise, it's definitely spotty. So far I think this wouldve fit better at $30 given the quality.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with the little girl, looking for Thomas right now. I assume the first jumpscare everyone is talking about is not far away, could you tell me where and what it is (in spoilers)?

you look through a door in the spirit world and see a bathtub with blood. It's draining and out if nowhere a "thing" pops up in the eye hole with this demonic growl. The main character jumps back, the door swings open, blood continues to drain in the tub revealing a knife that you need to cut the door blocking flesh

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is putting my RTX 3090 to WORK. The animation is pretty janky, there are some weird frame rate issues, but mostly it's a nice looking game. I'm running it in HDR and have no idea if it's all out of whack or not because I have nothing to compare it to.

And yeah if it was running at 30 FPS like it does on the Series X I probably wouldn't be too impressed by it.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
This game is putting my RTX 3090 to WORK. The animation is pretty janky, there are some weird frame rate issues, but mostly it's a nice looking game. I'm running it in HDR and have no idea if it's all out of whack or not because I have nothing to compare it to.

And yeah if it was running at 30 FPS like it does on the Series X I probably wouldn't be too impressed by it.

Same here.

HDR is broken on PC, yeah. You should definitely disable it.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018

HDR is broken. Check here https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-medium-pc-performance-thread.369351/post-57346104

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
I think I'm stuck. I have no idea how to free the third child.
Just freed Tori but I have no idea what to do about the boy. There is a room full of school chairs but I'm just lost.
Solution
The recording says they put him across from Boris. Go back to the paper and you'll be able to click Boris's name. Find his chair then the chair across. Go back to the paper and you'll be able to get the name.

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Is sneaking broken? Every time I click in the left stick, Marianne crouches, but moving the stick at all makes her stand right up.