• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MiDoZ

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are you playing on PC? HDR is broken on that platform.

Just look at your school note in the first section. That big white square on the sheet of paper is actually supposed to be text.
Sorry forgot that this is also on PC.
No I am playing it on the XSX and fortunately its fine here.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
i am playing on PC, and some area when i look into a hole, there is weird flickering texture.

anyway, this game could be the perfect game for a Wii U desgin, each world in a serprate screen.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Some really interesting puzzle mechanics in this. The constant shifting of attention from both worlds is odd, since the game certainly plays on the fact you get distracted doing one thing and dont notice another lol.

Also 1st jump scale lol.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why but so far I'm just really not enjoying the game. I'm ~30 mins in and it just feels super boring. Does it pick up at all?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
So far loving the game. I am playing on Series X and it looks really good. Not breathtaking good, but good. I did have to turn off the 120hz option in the System Settings because I was getting flashing in dark scenes on my C9. HDR looks good and no issues. Game does start off slow, but it does pick up and have encountered two sections where the split screen thing happens and that is pretty impressive game mechanic in itself. I am not a big horror type of game person...but this has me very intrigued and enjoying what i have played so far. I know Blooper is a small team and you can see where some higher production value could benefit the game, especially in the characters animation. But that aside so far it is pretty impressive and engrossing...starts of slow but picks up.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
semi fixe camera! I am transfixed! But seriously, it is a nice artistic choice to take away camera control from the player. I wish we could get something like this in the new RE games.

Only played an hour or so but damn....my 3090 is struggling to hold 60frames with RT on....

I like the game so far but might wait for a patch or two.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
The issue with this game isn't so much the GPU being maxxed out.

It is an issue with extremely poor handling of asset streaming by the developer. The frame rate is solid once assets are loaded. However, almost any movement of either the viewpoint or the character results in massive stutters as assets are loaded into the game.

The cutscene that plays when you are driving the motorcycle really hightlights this to the extreme. I was getting 2-3 second freezes constantly during it.

I'm willing to bet the entire game was developed around the architecture of the X series' SDD solution which allows for extremely fast asset streaming. They most likely didn't bother doing any optimization on the PC version to alleviate the fact that the PC doesn't have this type of architecture.

Out of curiosity, what type of storage did you install the game to? HDD or Sata SSD? Also, have you tried dialing down the texture settings?

I haven't tried on PC yet, but might test it across a few different drives out of curiosity. It would be interesting if this is one of the first game to truly utilize the fast NVMes.

Gjallarsean

Oct 10, 2018
Debating whether or not to give this a go this weekend or hold off another week...I've got a pretty good TV right now (2018 TCL 6 Series), but I've got a CX arriving on February 6th. Feel like this game might benefit from those inky blacks on an OLED.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, what type of storage did you install the game to? HDD or Sata SSD? Also, have you tried dialing down the texture settings?

I haven't tried on PC yet, but might test it across a few different drives out of curiosity. It would be interesting if this is one of the first game to truly utilize the fast NVMes.

I have it installed on a SATA SSD

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
boy I learn to hate those invisible enemy sneaking parts, and tbh all the sneaking parts. The rest of the game though is SO much better than I expected. The score also is fantastic.

Ashgarth

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm debating wether to play this at minimum on my PC or wait (many) months until I can upgrade it without paying completely stupid prices for a GPU.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
HDR is messed up on PC? That's a huge bummer and will make me wait to play this. (Waiting until updates after release seems to be a common occurrence now!)

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The HDR in cutscenes on this are broken as hell. The main game looks fine but the cutscenes are just washed out messes. What is going on? 😤

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
been playing a couple of hours now and i'm impressed

the visuals are clean, the score is fantastic, and the tone is on point

the game reminds me of games i used to play a couple of generations ago

i'd say bloober team as a studio is growing

my only nitpick... yeah... facial tech... needs to get with the times a bit

if the medium is 'aa' development, and the reported 7m budget is true, then great times ahead if this is the end result

Last edited:

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Debating whether or not to give this a go this weekend or hold off another week...I've got a pretty good TV right now (2018 TCL 6 Series), but I've got a CX arriving on February 6th. Feel like this game might benefit from those inky blacks on an OLED.
Wait for the OLED. It's such a benefit in a dark game like this. Just make sure you turn off VRR while you play this one.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Some really interesting puzzle mechanics in this. The constant shifting of attention from both worlds is odd, since the game certainly plays on the fact you get distracted doing one thing and dont notice another lol.

Also 1st jump scale lol.

Yeahhhhhhhhh lol

--

I'm playing on a 9900k with a 3090, maxed settings, RT enabled, and at 4k. I recorded my playthrough to use the footage for my channel. Upon review I do see some weird flickering of textures in the "non real world". Most noticeable on wood type textures.

Without using DLSS I was getting anywhere between 30-45 fps. There weren't any drastic jumps in the range so it wasn't jarring or anything, but I imagine with DLSS that should go up closer to 60.

And as mentioned before HDR is completely busted on PC. Turn it off.

Jun 10, 2018
Yeah, playing on an Xbox Series X. My brother said that the game looks washed out in HDR on a Series X. So testing it out on a Series X with a Sony x900H and I can confirm that the game looks very washed out. I even tried the Xbox HDR Calibration Tool to see if that works and nope. So sticking with SDR.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just played through the intro and noticed some weird graphical glitches when the main character is sitting at the desk.

Nov 21, 2017
Allright. Visually this game is very impressive ( playing on XSX ). I like the fixed camera and tanky controls, as it takes me back to the glorious days of the REmake on GameCube. Atmosphere is nice, too.

All in all, I am positively surprised! Can not wait to play more.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The more I play, the more I like it. If only the animation could have had more refinement. Apart from that, its solid. Good sountrack, story (so far) is interesting and the mechanics are interesting to play with.

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
So HDR on X is bad too?
From what I've played so far, I think it looks good. I will say however, when adjusting the gamma in the main menu, the preview image looks SUPER washed out, but after getting into actual gameplay, it looks perfectly fine, and the preview image goes back to looking fine too.

Ego

Banned
Dec 6, 2020
Allright. Visually this game is very impressive ( playing on XSX ). I like the fixed camera and tanky controls, as it takes me back to the glorious days of the REmake on GameCube. Atmosphere is nice, too.

All in all, I am positively surprised! Can not wait to play more.

I wouldn't say it's technically impressive, but rather decent. It doesn't change that the aesthetics look nice and clean, just the character models are a little stiff and rough edged. But it looks good nevertheless.

Just finished the first chase scene and it gets scarier. One has to like the cool humor of the protagonist though. I can see that some people don't like humor in horror games, but I'm fine with it.

Jun 10, 2018
Okay, so actually re-activating HDR when in gameplay and it looks fine on a Series X. Weird why the main menu looks so washed out compared to actual gameplay.

From what I've played so far, I think it looks good. I will say however, when adjusting the gamma in the main menu, the preview image looks SUPER washed out, but after getting into actual gameplay, it looks perfectly fine, and the preview image goes back to looking fine too.

I noticed that as well.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Maybe it is just me but the narration of the main character sounds and feels a little like...Alan Wake.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so actually re-activating HDR when in gameplay and it looks fine on a Series X. Weird why the main menu looks so washed out compared to actual gameplay.

Yeah, title screen is very washed out.

I'd recommend anyone to just leave the brightness setting at default, start the game, and then set it in the options. Everything looks fine (good!) in game but it'll be wrong if you set it at the menu, when you first start it up.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the issue with VRR for this game?
Black levels can waiver on OLEDs when VRR is engaged. It's not so much an issue with this game, but an OLED issue. For 90% of VRR games, I can't even notice wavering black levels on my LG C9, but for some reason it's super apparent in this game.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I think I'm stuck. I have no idea how to free the third child.
Just freed Tori but I have no idea what to do about the boy. There is a room full of school chairs but I'm just lost.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Just got to the hotel. Obviously just started. Looks really great on Series. The dual world thing is cool, I have to say. Sounds track ins great so far.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
The game's atmosphere is top notch and the score carries it a long way. Hope the story can keep up.

Shame about the performance issues I might wait for a patch or two.

Mar 19, 2020
The animations really dont bother me at all. I think the game looks really good. Not quite next gen but that doesnt bother me at all. I felt the first area you started in looked photorealistic at times.

I'm intrigued but only played for around an hour and a half. The atmosphere is really good and I like the cinematic camera angles. Too early to make a full judgement on it yet but I want to play more.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
First game in awhile that I really have to crank the gamma up on like what the hell? The game is so dark.