• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
None that I know of and since they have no publisher backer and, no my knowledge, no game they worked on has ever had a physical release, it's doubtful this will get one unless it ends up being a big hit
Blair Witch got a really late physical release (which I have and am unhappy with because of its inconsistent Xbox branding). As did Observer and Layers of Fear, the latter of which I have.

I thought with the MS backing, it would be big enough to get a physical release on launch day. Shame.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
In it for the visual tour. 8 you 10 hours is pretty short. 85 hours into Creed and I'm still not done 😞

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Blair Witch got a really late physical release (which I have and am unhappy with because of its inconsistent Xbox branding). As did Observer and Layers of Fear, the latter of which I have.

I thought with the MS backing, it would be big enough to get a physical release on launch day. Shame.

Oh okay, I wasn't aware those got physical releases. Then this might get one too down the road but there is nothing about it yet. MS isn't backing it, either. They just have an exclusivity deal. The game is still self-published and developed like most of their previous content

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh okay, I wasn't aware those got physical releases. Then this might get one too down the road but there is nothing about it yet. MS isn't backing it, either. They just have an exclusivity deal. The game is still self-published and developed like most of their previous content
Good to know. Thanks for the quick answers :)

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so jazzed for this game!

Will it be releasing at separate times in different territories? Will I be able to take my yearly digital trip to Wellington, New Zealand and play this tomorrow?

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
What's with this OT name? Is it a game with dualsense support?

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
I wont be able to play this until I upgrade my PC or get and XSX. Looking forward to reading impressions as the game has my interest. Perfect OT title too.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
In it for the visual tour. 8 you 10 hours is pretty short. 85 hours into Creed and I'm still not done 😞

I spent more than 100 hours on the last Ass Creed...thank God this is a short game.

Not every game needs to be a fucking odyssey if you know what I mean... 😉

Seriously now, we need to stop equating length with quality.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Nice OT! I've been excited for this game since the first reveal! I hope my laptop runs it, otherwise I'll be able to play it only when I grab a Series X and I have no idea when I'll have the money for it... :(

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
I have no way of playing this right now, but I'm very curious to hear impressions, since Bloober is a pretty hit-and-miss dev in my opinion. Maybe the transition to third-person will do them some good. Will probably pick it up when it hits PS5.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I spent more than 100 hours on the last Ass Creed...thank God this is a short game.

Not every game needs to be a fucking odyssey if you know what I mean... 😉

Seriously now, we need to stop equating length with quality.

This. Medium is heavily inspired by Silent Hill also, out of curiosity I googled average time to beat for SH2 and it falls right in the same range. I played it for the first time earlier this year and its definitely one of the "fullest meals" I've had in gaming. Quality pacing is everything.

I'm much more a fan of shorter more concise experiences in gaming period these days. I was bored to tears by Ubi's two big releases this year, and I say that as someone that poured a lot of time into Odyssey.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Really hoping for the best story-wise.

Observer had some strong stuff, but I thought Blair Witch's story (and tone) was an absolute joke.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
1-2 hours is a "short game", 8 hours is the "normal" time for a videogame, I don't give a fuck how many 100-hour open world games come out (and I say that as a fan of those).

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If it is on the Geem Poos then I shall try it. But I ain't sure if it will be me cup of tea.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Might check it on gamepas for PC, but I have been having problems with uninstalling stuff from Gamepass...so pretty wary of the service to honest.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Unless The Medium reviews extremely poorly I'm absolutely gonna give this a try on Series X thanks to Game Pass.

I'm not expecting poor reviews, though, I'm thinking it'll have an MC in the 70s.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Global launch time or can we all visit New Zealand tomorrow?

giphy.gif

Oct 28, 2017
At the very least this will be my first experience of ray tracing. Hard to believe there hasn't been a single game on gamepass supporting in until now (at least I think so)

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Seems it's unlocking worldwide at 4pm UTC on the 28th. Looking at the MS Store app, the US store page says 11pm ET on the 28th, which translates to 12am on the 29th my local time, which is precisely what I see on the AU store page.

Jan 28, 2021 at 11:00 AM

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Seems it's unlocking worldwide at 4pm UTC. Looking at the MS Store app, the US store page says 11pm ET, which translates to 12am on the 29th my local time, which is precisely what I see on the AU store page.

Jan 28, 2021 at 11:00 AM

Damn, you're right. Same on UK page. 4pm tomorrow.

DAMN YOU BLOOBER.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still not sure if I should be excited for this or if this is going to be a 6-7/10 Jankfest. I really liked observer and I definitely get good vibes from the footage, though I'm not sure if this all comes together in the end...
Well just 1:15 left till reviews

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I'm looking forward to it. The hands on previews over the past few weeks/months have been quite positive.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Looks like the high recommended specs were indeed representative of some rough technical spots. I was surprised by how low the resolution can dip, for example. And that kind of texture pop-in on these systems shouldn't be possible with solid technical optimization.

But still, for a small studio, it sounds like they did a great job overall. Congratulations to Bloober.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Definitely interested and looking forward to playing thanks to GP.