• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 4, 2018

It all starts with a dead girl… Enter the disturbing and uncanny worlds of The Medium in the brand-new Live Action Trailer created in cooperation with Platige Image and Oscar nominee Tomasz Bagiński. Get a glimpse of the mystery only a medium can solve before The Medium launches January 28th, 2021

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Not usually a fan of live action trailers, but that wasn't too bad. Spirit world stuff looks pretty gnarly.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
DazzlingPeriodicGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif

Still holding out hope the game is strong.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really excited for this game. I initially thought it'd be a high 6's/low 7's type game, but the more I see of it the more I'm hoping it'll reach ~8 scores on Metacritic.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This is neat, and I think I prefer mostly live-action for promo materials to CG, if I had to choose. In a perfect world, everything would be showing gameplay, but I get that tone pieces are still important.

The 14-minute gameplay segment they released a week or so back was interesting.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wow, Platige Image is a great get. Y'all know they did VFX for Antichrist and Melancholia, all the CDPR CGI trailers, and The Cathedral which is the same director here, Tomasz Bagiński and is very Beksinski inspired like this game.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Was unenthused by 'Live Action' trailer but that was pretty great.

Really keen to give this a shot.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Live action trailers have become a more common thing than the past, if anything, so not super sure what this comment is supposed to be referencing, unless you think this game is an adaptation of the early 2000s drama of the same name

No, I don't think it's an adaptation of the show (which I enjoyed BTW and it was simply "Medium"), but I used to see way more live action video game trailers in the 90s and early 00s than the years following. But then I don't watch every single video game trailer that's released, so maybe there are more now. 🤷‍♂️

Watched the trailer and I don't see what the point of adding that in was when the game footage was good enough without it.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
No, I don't think it's an adaptation of the show (which I enjoyed BTW), but I used to see way more live action video game trailers in the 90s and early 00s than the years following. But then I don't watch every single video game trailer that's released, so maybe there are more now. 🤷‍♂️

I don't think so really.

Watched the trailer and I don't see what the point of adding that in was when the game footage was good enough without it.

Same point as any live action trailer. It's not really about showing off the game, since they are done that a lot already, and more just a promotional thing. Looking at the responses, at least on the comment here and on the video, it was largely positive. It's not really meant to be any deeper than that I imagine.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Those shots of the Beksiński-inspired world are amazing. I really hope the gameplay captures that same energy. Even though this is just a live-action, trailer, I'm loving the mood they're setting. Game has sleeper potential for sure.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
No, I don't think it's an adaptation of the show (which I enjoyed BTW and it was simply "Medium"), but I used to see way more live action video game trailers in the 90s and early 00s than the years following. But then I don't watch every single video game trailer that's released, so maybe there are more now. 🤷‍♂️

Halo had a bunch of amazing live action trailers, including Halo 3, ODST, Reach, 4, and Halo Wars 2. So, yeah. Not exactly a crazy/weird thing to do IMO.

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only person who universally dislikes live action trailers? Yes, even those Halo ones from a while back. I just don't care for them at all

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
I've come around on live action trailers. Sure they can be cheesy at times but it's a nice changeup from splicing together a trailer from cutscene footage or the like.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Nice,very nice,I have high hopes for this game,looking forward to it on the SX...it looks like its going to be Bloober's big break from their experiences making Layers of Fear and Observer...please be good.

Last edited:

Munroe

May 17, 2019
Nice trailer, gets people taking about it. Looking forward to playing it, not played their previous games, though from what I've seen this looks to be in a different vein to the others.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
Not a big horror game player, but this looks good. Pre-loaded thru GP, looking forward to it.

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
I'm liking the cheese. The gameplay gave a good vibe of a lot of different, solid horror games. This gives me the nostalgia of the 90's horror live action commercials.

I'm in.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Good trailer. The gameplay shown recently upped my hype level for the game. Already have it preloaded :)