• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Take a look at the dual-reality gameplay of The Medium in the first official walkthrough demo. Two fully-fledged and visually distinct worlds rendered simultaneously.

Discover a dark mystery only a medium can solve. Explore the real world and the spirit world at the same time. Use your psychic abilities to solve puzzles spanning both worlds, uncover deeply disturbing secrets, and survive encounters with The Maw - a monster born from an unspeakable tragedy.

Coming Holiday 2020 to PC & Xbox Series X and available now for pre-order!

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
That's different than what I had initially thought would be the case (I thought you'd be able to press a button, and the environment would transition to the other world), but the gameplay mechanics are still pretty cool with it as shown.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
So it's a fixed camera third-person horror title?

If so that's a very good surprise. Didn't care for the game after the initial reveal but this definitely has my interest piqued

Edit: Just saw the vid. HYPED!

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This and Kena have been the two new next gen titles I'm interested in. And now even more so for this one as I thought you swapped back and forth between worlds. This is so much cooler.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
It's not confusing. It's simply a mistake.

Yeah, but:

u2XFzFg.jpg

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ah, i was expecting something more like Dishonored 2, but this is also interesting

klauskpm

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
This game looks really good. Why didn't they show it in the presentation? I wished they used this instead of that trailer...

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Looks cool. Hope the narrative is cool as thats what make or break horror game for me.

Pascal

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Ok that actually looks really interesting. I think the idea of dual realities has a lot of potential and it may even advance the medium if executed well. Also fixed camera angles are always nice to see.

May 17, 2018
Was kinda hoping for more of a Brothers: Tale of Two Sons kinda thing where you can control both perspectives at the same time. This just seems like a gimmick to me since it appears you can only do something tangible in one reality at a time while the other just waits. Hopefully it plays around with the idea more than that.

And the voice acting in this clip is...not great. Still willing to see more, though. Feel like Bloober is always close to greatness.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
This game looks so cool. Very clever gameplay hook, can't wait for the puzzles. This is Gamepass right?

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
Should have shown this during the showcase. Looks interesting and a solid explanation on what is happening.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'm in the minority but I'm not impressed by that at all from a gameplay perspective. Seems to have more in common with Arkham Asylum style busywork than with Silent Hill or Resident Evil type actual puzzles, complete with detective vision that's the last thing I want to see in my horror/adventure games.

Hope it gets a lot more involved than that cause the game was looking pretty great to me until now and the dimension switching mechanic is technically impressive.