• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Having a moment of enlightened terror as I realize that contemplating McRib makes the infamous "Brooklyn Barbecue" headline image actually look fuckin edible

RiggityRice

Oct 28, 2017
When I use to work at McDonalds, my crew and I use to call the frozen McRib patty "opossum roadkill", another "opossum" on the grill some would call out to me. It isn't the same flavor it use to be and the bbq sauce is the same standard bbq sauce used for the McNuggets. It's just warmed up and heated thus by doing that, it kinda loses its flavor.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
osiwbj9cjyg.gif

Starting today the McRib is back for a limited time in about 10,000 stores. Yes, we all know what the mcrib really is but we dont care. Its delicious.

? what is it

Nov 8, 2017
I don't understand the excitement. These just look like the Ribburgers/Mexicanos that you can buy from the frozen section of any supermarket, or ready to eat at any snack bar?

I mean, I like them, but why do I need to go to McDonald's to get one?

Deleted member 15227

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Given Internet hysteria about this, I was seriously underwhelmed when I had the McRib for the first time.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They were amusing until I learned a pro tip: there's a tv dinner out there that has essentially a McRib in it. I forget the brand, but since I found out I can get that year round, it lost the novelty.

This remind me that I haven't had a TV dinner in AGES. I used to eat like 2 or 3 a day when I was a kid.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
i dont eat meat anymore, but i tried this one time, and it was doo doo dumpster trash level of disgustingness

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This will always be odd to me. Over here the McRib is available all day, every day.

Link the Hero

Jul 5, 2018
It's really odd to see these discussions about this burger. In Germany the McRib is just there. Nobody talks about it. Some people like it, some don't. It's just a burger you either like or don't like. There is neither love or hate for it in Germany.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I haven't eaten one since the 90's. Was never a fan of the raw onions. Have they changed the recipe at all?

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if it's any different from the Mc Rib we have in Germany, but our Mc Rib is pretty good.

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
Isn't the availability of the McRib tied to the pork's guts price? When they go down enough McDonalds puts it again at the menu and because of the high demand from McDonalds they remove it. It's not always available here too, maybe in Germany they could got a good deal.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I'd eat it just for nostalgia alone... but the McD's around me never carry stuff like this. They keep it super basic and don't do a lot of promo stuff. Fucking sucks. I mean, they should be happy there are things like this to get customers to come into their stores who might not otherwise stop in, but they just check the fuck out.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
McRib # 3 was delicious, just the right amount of sauce, pickles and onions. Also got a $1 hamburger from the value menu (would've been nice to get another McRib for $1 just for getting the meal, miss that deal).

It's like staring into a tasty time tunnel:

mNdDCCJ.jpg

Ohhhh yeah:

qf6oMEN.jpg

Last edited:

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Went to McDs today and was told McRib is gone already. :( Seems like they only bring it back for about 3 weeks in recent years. I remember when it'd last well over a month.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I don't understand the excitement. These just look like the Ribburgers/Mexicanos that you can buy from the frozen section of any supermarket, or ready to eat at any snack bar?

I mean, I like them, but why do I need to go to McDonald's to get one?

I don't know what McD's does to prepare them, but using the toilet after eating one is a life-defining event, like skydiving or touring the Great Wall of China

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I don't know what McD's does to prepare them, but using the toilet after eating one is a life-defining event, like skydiving or touring the Great Wall of China

Basically, the McRib is a "bucket list" event, if only because you will want to have a list prepared of the nearest buckets when it's digested, just in case

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
I got one a week or two ago. It was pretty good.

I've had my fill until next year.

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
We tried to look for one this weekend and it was sold out throughout our city. I went to 4 different locations and all of them were out. Guess it's gone for the year. Oh well.