• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ABC News

"They have the program inside the organization to receive donations and help get that money out to those who need it and right now, and we're making some great headway and we're at the point of reaching $10 million dollars toward our goal of $100 million," he said.

"We got tens of thousands of restaurants that are closing. Some for a short period of time, and some probably forever," Fieri said. "We have millions and millions of restaurant employees without jobs. We're at three million now. Estimation is this could go to five million to seven million. [We're] talking about at lot of families, hourly employees, people living paycheck to paycheck."

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
source.gif

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
He's something of a clown, but also a genuine, sweet person that only wants the best for you. Make flavor town into flavor country America.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I was watching Diners Drive-ins Dives yesterday thinking how depressing it was that every restaurant on the show was probably closed

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty cool, glad to see people using their status and celebrity to help workers out.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Regardless of the culinary merit of this guy's work, dude is a legend that is really trying to help.
Good guy Fiery is a good guy.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Guy has a solid track record on helping out local and restaurateur communities in times of crisis.
I think he's earned a promotion to the Governor of Flavornia

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
User banned (5 days): thread derail, trolling over multiple posts
Chef José Andrés ( a real chef) has been doing this for years. He's doing it now. He has his own organization too (https://instagram.com/wckitchen?igshid=ywiukjh4pddi)

He doesn't just pop up in a crisis. Maybe he should go platinum blonde attention whore. That said, the more help the better so good on Guy.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chef José Andrés ( a real chef) has been doing this for years. He's doing it now. He has his own organization too (https://instagram.com/wckitchen?igshid=ywiukjh4pddi)

He doesn't just pop up in a crisis. Maybe he should go platinum blonde attention whore. That said, the more help the better so good on Guy.

What a weirdly shitty way to react to someone doing something nice and using their fame for charity

It's not a competition, ya walnut

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Guy was in my town for his show a little while ago and all I heard was good things about him. My mom owns a restaurant, so times are really tough. Great of Guy to do this!

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Guy is a wonderful guy and this should be yet another reason that people should stop dunking on this king.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017

You do realize Guy does this for any sorta major event or for anyone in need right? he was out there cooking food for firefighters during california fire season and feeding plenty of people during various national crisis events. this isnt just some one off for him.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Naw it's OK, I can feel two things at once. I can say hey maybe spare a thought and start threads for people that constantly do this while at the same time saying good for Guy.

That's not even what you did though. You didn't say spare a thought or start a thread you just called fieri an attention whore and implied he's not a real chef

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
That's not even what you did though. You didn't say spare a thought or start a thread you just called fieri an attention whore and implied he's not a real chef

i'm saying there are levels to this, If I started a thread on JA I would legitimately have to make one every single day because that's the work someone like José André does. The last thing on earth I want to be doing is arguing about Guy Fieri with people who think him and someone like José Andrés are comparable in any way so I'm out. Didn't know Fieri had a defense force.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm saying there are levels to this, If I started a thread on JA I would legitimately have to make one every single day because that's the work someone like José André does. The last thing on earth I want to be doing is arguing about Guy Fieri with people who think him and someone like José Andrés are comparable in any way so I'm out. Didn't know Fieri had a defense force.

I'm a defense force against anyone being a jackass and trying to whataboutism a nice thing

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol I love how upset Era gets when presented with facts they don't like

This is my last response to you, I said good for guy but I laughed out loud at him being painted as some kind of hero. So... crusade away

You said your last response was your last one too

Get the fuck out already

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Even in these trying times people just can't resist the base, animal instinct to throw shade on Guy Fieri.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Good on Guy for this. His persona is silly, but numerous times now he has welcomed people in need into Flavortown. I used to make fun of him a few years ago, but now I really respect the guy.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Cool stuff. My uncle works for an organization that goes down to places hit by disasters to make meals and he ended up teaming up with Guy Fieri during the California wild fires.

But I mean he wasn't actually fighting the fires himself so fuck him right lol frosted tips flavor town slammin' lol.

VeggieBurger

Jan 6, 2018
Well i've bookmarked the page where i can apply for Guy's thing on Monday when the system is up and running. I don't see the place where i can apply for money from this Jose guy?

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Well i've bookmarked the page where i can apply for Guy's thing on Monday when the system is up and running. I don't see the place where i can apply for money from this Jose guy?
José Andrés does very good work and I'm very sorry that your first exposure to him was a series of tone-deaf, elitist shitposts on a video game forum.