• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
... Looks... way too clean ?

Too... 2020 ish ?

Like... Force Awakens, it feels like they redid the first movie with bits of the sequels as super heavy winky nods...

And why bring back old guard and then add new guard...

Just let the new kids breath and shine... I don't know... I felt JJA's Star Trek was brillant for this...

The difference between Star Trek and TFA is that Star Trek used classic characters in a new plot, whereas TFA used new characters in an old plot. I think that's why Star Trek was so successful, they took the core of what people loved and retained it in a way that wasn't redundant.

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
anger-management-jack-nicholson.gif

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Can't say that landed for me. Fake Morpheus and what seems to be an amnesia plot are not what I am looking for from a new Matrix movie.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I hope its openly queer as hell.
gimme John Wick + Matrix + Sense 8 please

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
That was a weird watch, surreal even. The Matrix was so huge back in the day and damn did I love the first film.

I just don't know. The film's got a new look, Keanu is too old (lol), and doing the whole "wake up" thing again. I... feel like I'm yelling at clouds here.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Looks interesting.

Was almost immediately put off by Priyanka Chopra though. Hate her acting. Only way to make this worse is adding James Corden.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Looks amazing, although I am a little worried about how the old crew will do in action scenes. Also worried that this will be a "remember Luke Han and Leia? They're back!" situation.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, agreed. Also kinda looks a little rough/cheap?
On Roger Deakin's podcast, he was talking to John Toll, and it sounded like due to a family member having Covid issues, he wasn't able to come back when filming resumed, so most of it is shot by the camera operator who has only DPed shorts previously. So uh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one feeling nothing with this trailer? It just seems so forced. Like they had to think of something to do with the story to bring back Neo and Trinity. I think I would've preferred something more like Animatrix: new characters, plots, etc.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Give that editor a raise. The "go ask Alice" part where they show what I imagine is an incarnation of the Oracle actually made me smile stupidly.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Missing those Bill Pope visuals. Feels...different.
Yeah, but it also feels appropriate. That dystopic grunge feel wouldn't be what you get out of a revised Matrix now. That very first shot was so clean and saccharine feeling, it sets up what to expect for the rest of the trailer. Idk it's working for me.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Great trailer, but so much of that looked familiar from the first. Hopefully this is FAR more new than just a retelling of the original.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
An idea I didn't know if I would like till I saw the trailer - and I do like - is The Matrix looks like "Stock Footage" (Perfect time of day, saturated colors, super clean, etc.); the 21st-century version of a 'fake' reality.
I suppose a new sky at the end of the trilogy would have brought about that.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks decent but if I'm being blunt the Wachowski's haven't put out anything decent since Speed Racer. Hopefully this is a return to form for them but I'm not holding my breath.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
About the aesthetics, at the end of Revolutions The Matrix is rebooted, and instead of the de-saturated gritty look, it had full on vibrant colours, and a bright colourful ski. So I'm assuming this picks up from there, and why we don't have the filtered look anymore.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I'm loving how different the vibe of this is, and the premise of Neo taking the blue pill this time around is really something I didn't expect. Still really bothered that we're getting John Wick Keanu though, was it a matter of this being filmed at the same time as John Wick Part 4? Or did Keanu just really not want to shave??

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I like it, but it seems way too much like a remake of the first movie. Is it supposed to be or is it a sequel to Revolutions?

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
If I'm honest I'm not really liking the look of it. The cinematogaphy seems pretty uninspired.

tripleg

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2020
Am I misremembering or are posters here confused? I thought the end of Matrix 3 was a
hard reset
making this continuation of the trailer making perfect sense.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
That is the best trailer I've seen in a very long time. They don't need another trailer or sneak peak. That's more than enough already.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That actually looked good. It needs to feel different than the originals, 'cause those have and odd feeling to them as a product of their time. I am glad they are seemingly not trying to capture that vibe. But, do a modern take on it.

Also, fuck me are Keanu and Carrie-Anne sipping from that same fountain of youth?

Whoever came up with the idea to use Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit" in that trailer deserves a massive raise.

I am the opposite. If I could never hear that fucking song in a trailer again, that would be great.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving how different the vibe of this is, and the premise of Neo taking the blue pill this time around is really something I didn't expect. Still really bothered that we're getting John Wick Keanu though, was it a matter of this being filmed at the same time as John Wick Part 4? Or did Keanu just really not want to shave??

It's literally just Keanu's look now.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I assumed originally Keanu and Moss were going to be side characters / passing the torch, but lord that seems wrong - I'm pleased

Im not super vested in the Matrix but if it's got some neat ideas and nice visuals, I'm down

Posted in the other thread but, popular speculation is:

The idea that Matrix humans are cloned crops is used to explain a young Morpheus, but also older Neo and Trinity. As in, these physical bodies for them are from a new crop, and they never woke up while young. They got old living normal lives in the Matrix.

The therapist character sure seems as if he's been giving Neo blue pills for a LONG time to keep him asleep. Maybe the Machines still want to keep a Neo around, but put the One cycle on pause.

There's also the idea that Neo and Trinity's mind scans were kept as valuable data and this explains these versions having repressed memories from previous biological incarnations.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did you see how he looks in the new Bill and Ted without the beard? He looks older and chunkier without the beard.