• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Legit best thing about the D+ shows is getting that Marvel Studios theme every opening.

It's just such a perfect mood setter, it does for the MCU, what the Fox Fanfare used to do fir Star Wars.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people love to argue about the avengers theme but the marvel studios fanfare is the real one

the extended one from that return to the movies trailer thing was amazing

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Agreed, it gets me pumped every time.

It honestly gives me the same feeling as watching Disney movies in theaters in the 90's and seeing the Disney Logo.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I get angry at episodes (or movies) where they don't play it, or use some diegetic sound over it or whatever. Michael Giacchino can't be stopped, it's legit the best piece of music in the entire MCU. I have every aspect and note memorized and act like a conductor every time it plays, much to the public chagrin and embarrassment of my SO.

Sadly, with the D+ shows, it's often far better than what comes after.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I get angry at episodes (or movies) where they don't play it, or use some diegetic sound over it or whatever. Michael Giacchino can't be stopped, it's legit the best piece of music in the entire MCU. I have every aspect and note memorized and act like a conductor every time it plays, much to the public chagrin and embarrassment of my SO.

Sadly, with the D+ shows, it's often far better than what comes after.

lol same. My reaction is always "oh this is neat I guess but... :("

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
I love all of them. The one with inverted music for Guardians. The dramatic, tone shifting one from Civil War. The eerily silent one from Infinity War. It's all just cake to me.

And hearing it in my living room in January was insane.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I love all of them. The one with inverted music for Guardians. The dramatic, tone shifting one from Civil War. The eerily silent one from Infinity War. It's all just cake to me.

And hearing it in my living room in January was insane.

I completely forgot there was an original fanfare

It's pretty good too.

Funny that this iconic one exists probably because Giacchino was incidentally hired to score the film the new logo debuted in front of (Doctor Strange) so he got to do it and slay it

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
i actually had to open this thread to even tell if there actually was a "marvel studios theme" beyond some brass over the pages flipping bit that i actually remember

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I really like the older comic book pages flipping. But they have done a good job of getting the themes over by not drastically changing them over time over all the movies. Avengers theme is now hype and recognizable.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Totally dating myself here, but for me it's reminiscent of the old HBO opener from the 80's.
Which remains and shall always be the GOAT. Anything that harkens back is worth celebrating. I'll never forget sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of the TV, hair still wet from the shower, knowing that what came after the HBO fanfare was going to wow me.

Oct 27, 2017
It's a nice little dopamine hit before the movie/show starts. Probably their most iconic piece of music next to the Avengers theme itself?

Hale-XF11

Dec 8, 2017
Which remains and shall always be the GOAT. Anything that harkens back is worth celebrating. I'll never forget sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of the TV, hair still wet from the shower, knowing that what came after the HBO fanfare was going to wow me.
Aaaaaah, man now I wanna cry.

*movie starts*
Me: Oh look, it's Grease. Again.
*proceeds to watch it anyways for the millionth time*

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Watching episode 1 of WandaVision and hearing the Marvel Studios theme after so long felt so damn euphoric