• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Y'all also told me that Endgame had a 0% chance of passing Avatar, and that James Gunn had a 0% chance of coming back
Imma stick to my convictions until the next major development
Don't forget they also said Sony would never back out of the deal in the first place. When will this place learn to stop dealing in absolutes.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The impressions of the latest New Mutants screening seem to have been pretty positive. I'm seriously hoping Josh Boone manages to deliver a decent horror flick, cause you don't waste Anya Taylor Joy as Magik. Hell, even Maisie Williams as Wolfsbane is exciting. Dream would honestly be that it's a smashing succes so that Marvel Studios will use the cast.

Also that latest concept art of the Celestial is exactly what I want. I'm drooling. WandaVision is gonna be the best shit ever too, and Lizzie will show why she's the best among em all.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Ok character or hero.... cause this screams it is not one of The Eternals
I read that the openly gay character is supposed to have a family, and some poster mentioned Eros/Starfox fits this description and could be the one? He's also in the character cast sheet. I don't know anything about said character myself.

Oct 31, 2017
Yep, this why only the Guardians are appearing in WDW (since it wasn't part of the original Universal agreement). It's also most likely why Universal still won't give up the Hulk film rights to Disney.

I read both the Sony SM - Marvel deal and the Universal theme parks contracts and it's really interesting how much Marvel Entertainment gave up.

However to be fair, unlike DC, no one had bought Marvel. I remember reading something that ALL of Marvel could have been bought in the 90s for something like 200MM. No one, including Disney, moved in to buy them. Let's not forget Wall Street doubting Iger and Disney for paying 4B for Marvel in 2009. Hindsight is 20/20 on all sides.

Also Marvel's price would have been higher than 4B in 2009 if they had all the rights they have now (even if they are still missing some).

If they're really featuring a gay family then some backward countries like mine (Singapore) will either get the distributor to do an edited version or slap the film with an NC16, M18 or R21. The latter will be a huge hit to the box office and I think distributors might end up going for the former. Note that Love, Simon, a film about a teenager maneuvering an accidentally outing from the closet had zero nudity and zero sex scenes received an R21 on Singapore. It was really stupid.

They will edit. The Marvel brand is huge and growing in Asia. They are not going to jeopardize that by not releasing the movie there.

Deadpool 2 was a litmus test on how and what they need to edit out of R rated movies and/or movies with topics that are not allowed there.

Don't forget they also said Sony would never back out of the deal in the first place. When will this place learn to stop dealing in absolutes.

Message board members usually just assume stuff and are very adamant what they assume is correct. I get the same type of responses when I ask about Sony - Disney SM license contract that I did when I asked about the difficulties and challenges of resigning this current MCU Spider-man contract.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Is Hulk in the California parks?

Apparently, yes.

image_dlr_futureavengersattraction.jpg

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That does put a damper on the Moon Knight news, but part of me wonders whether or not that'll get moved to Hulu. Right now, it seems the Hulu Marvel shows are the domain of Jeph Loeb, but a character like Moon Knight would do better on a platform that allows R-rated content.

All in all, curious to see what this means for the Marvel Knights characters.

Last edited:

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Outside of very few exceptions I wouldn't expect any Marvel content to be R-rated. Especially not Moon Knight. I mean, the Nolan Batman movies weren't rated R.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
That does put a damper on the Moon Knight news, but part of me wonders whether or not that'll get moved to Hulu. Right now, it seems the Hulu Marvel shows are the domain of Jeph Loeb, but a character like Moon Knight would do better on a platform that allows R-rated content.

All in all, curious to see what this means for the Marvel Knights characters.
I think IF Moon Knight is moved to Hulu then it's not part of the MCU. I think Feige wants everything MCU related under his control or at least away from Jeph Loeb's hands.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

Keystone Comic Con attendees were told not to ask Marvel star Tom Holland about Spider-Man during Holland's appearance at the Philadelphia convention over the weekend, according to The Philadelphia Inquirier.

Ahead of Holland's panel appearance Sunday, Keystone Comic Con told an audience of 2,000 people to avoid inquiring about Sony's split from Disney-Marvelbecause "it might mess up any contract discussions that will be announced within the next few days," according to an attendee present at the convention.

Looks like there's a glimmer of hope after all.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Is that the Annihilation Wave being used in the parks as part of the FOX Movie rights reverting back to Marvel proper and Marvel Studios? Duuuude.

EDIT : Unless that's the brood, which wouldn't make sense, because they were inspired by the Xenomorph race from Alien.

That design is definitely the Brood, there's no question. Why wouldn't the Brood make sense? Even if Disney now owns the Xenomorph, the two races have diverged quite a bit in the comics.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
That design is definitely the Brood, there's no question. Why wouldn't the Brood make sense? Even if Disney now owns the Xenomorph, the two races have diverged quite a bit in the comics.
Ummm... aren't the Brood typically not insectoid in design? that seems alot like the Annihlation wave to me. although, it's a possibilty given that they have used designs like these before.
img_37751.jpg

Either way, it's good news given it's the reverted FOX Movie rights being put to use.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
This plus Disney's silence has kept me hoping they work something out.
I truly think it's gonna work out soon! I'm hopeful the deal will continue, given last week it was said that the negotiations were still ongoing and given how I have a hunch this week will be much more positive for Spidey, I wouldn't be surprised if a continuation of the MCU deal gets reached soon either sometime this week or if not this week, sometime soon.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Some random convention is not going to have any special insight into top-level studio negotiations. Holland's reps probably just put that in as a condition of his attendance. He has no power over these negotiations and pressing him on it will likely land him more in hot water with either studio than betray secret dealmaking.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Some random convention is not going to have any special insight into top-level studio negotiations. Holland's reps probably just put that in as a condition of his attendance. He has no power over these negotiations and pressing him on it will likely land him more in hot water with either studio than betray secret dealmaking.
Yeah. At least it's good we know that there's possibly some good news about the MCU Spider-Man deal coming though! good on the convention people for being careful either way.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I think IF Moon Knight is moved to Hulu then it's not part of the MCU. I think Feige wants everything MCU related under his control or at least away from Jeph Loeb's hands.

Marvel Studios will still be making it. Has nothing to do with which streaming platform it's on.

It's announced as a Disney+ show and it'll probably stay there, but FWIW, there's already been one show moved from Disney+ to Hulu (High Fidelity) due to concerns that it skewed too adult for the former platform. So there's at least precedent there.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Shit, I evidently need enlightening. Did tariffs cause a jump in the cost of physical media this year? I was super happy with my purchase of the last two special edition MCU phase bundles.

There's only one disc replication center left in North America. That's why new releases of some catalog 4K titles are very low print runs and are hard to find.

For example, people are saying they can't find next week's Apocalypse Now 4K listed anywhere in Canada and it's probably due to a lack of capacity to make discs.

Last edited:

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Far too many people are ignorant of the reality of physical Blu-ray media in 2019.

*sees hundred of copies in local targets and walmarts. Gets told that the biggest retailer in the US can't get disney blu-rays till a month after they're released because they can't manufacture enough. Finds that kind of dubious.*

Babymomo

Aug 14, 2019
On the moon knight thing, faaar too many comic book fans truly cannot let things just go, like im sorry but i would rather see the beautiful paneling and coloring of the moon knight comics come to life with the cinematic budgets of disney+ than the embarresment that is the netflix shows or cw shows. It's just sad to see comic fans lose it when something a little gritty and graphic is not adapted to be r rated, is the approval of others that important? It won't make it better it will just make it uglier! Just give it up and realise that disney has the budget to hire the john wick director and honestly that should be enough!

I'm sorry for the rambling but i saw someone on twitter say they would have rather seen him on netflix then on the sugercoeted D+, And i literally cackeld for 2 straight minutes, like im sorry have u not seen the mandolorian trailer??? Or the wanadavision and falcon/WS posters like?? I'm legit over the moon that he was on nobodies rader to adapt for netflix and he got away from them in time -Netflix is NOTORIOUSLY cheap- he deserves that Disney money for his 8 hour movie, I SAID WHAT I SAID! Y'all better anticipate the excellence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.