• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
lol, you mentioning me and zipped has NOTHING to do with me poking you. That's just you being inexperienced(I assume?) You just have to think through it and you'll see why it makes no sense for me and zipped to both be scum.

You'll notice in the meantime that I'm actually here and scumhunting, while you're still just reacting. If you're town, you need to be more proactive. You're just hurting us right now.
Awfully defensive from you. Interesting you mentioned I'm inexperienced. Monkey thought the same too and thought she could make low effort pushes to get me. I think you've made the same mistake. Funny how you mention I'm reacting rather than scumhunting when I'm the one who pushed you first, you sound spooked.

It's also interesting that you're here because I could've sworn the reason you made that pretty dumb argument about people not voting was because you wouldn't be around for the rest of the phase...
So where do you guys draw the line? How long do we allow people to hold their vote before it's a problem? We have less than 24 hours to go with roughly 1/3 of our players not participating in the vote. I only have around 3 more hours of activity before I'm away from my PC for the rest of the phase.

You have to press people early and often or the meta will just continually backslide until we have 11th hour bullshit over and over again. This is really simple shit here.
You're heavily leaning scum Godfather.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'd consider janitors bastard. But I forget how previous games with them were classified.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Awfully defensive from you. Interesting you mentioned I'm inexperienced. Monkey thought the same too and thought she could make low effort pushes to get me. I think you've made the same mistake. Funny how you mention I'm reacting rather than scumhunting when I'm the one who pushed you first, you sound spooked.

It's also interesting that you're here because I could've sworn the reason you made that pretty dumb argument about people not voting was because you wouldn't be around for the rest of the phase...

You're heavily leaning scum Godfather.

Read some more. For one, me not being here has little to do with my push for votes. I just want our meta to fucking play better. For two, I already said I called out sick today cause I have a nasty cold. For three, you're still awfully tunneled right now. No engagement with any other players. Keep it up. Not scummy at all.

Hecht That was my thought as well. A janitor who CHANGES the role PM would be bastard for sure, but I think that's technically a tailor anyway. If a janitor just denied us a flip, I could see it argued both ways. I wouldn't like it, but it wouldn't be a big shock either.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What is the janitor's usual powers? Anything?

So normally, when someone dies, we get to see their role PM like in the OP. So we'd know if they were town, neutral, or scum, and whether or not they had a power role. With a janitor, we wouldn't get any information at all. No idea if we killed scum or town, etc.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I feel neither the Zipped nor the Grizzly lynch, and between Kaz and Lux who have relatively similar reasoning being brought against them I'd vote for Lux.

I'll wait a bit more though, in case anything else happens.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's about as useful as most other mechanic speculation from other posters, I haven't claimed otherwise.
Good, then you understand why I have said your posts have as a whole been not useful. What scumhunting can you point to that you've done before the 11th hour when someone noticed you wallflowering?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
One of the biggest points against griz rn is Hecht still sitting on him. Looks like a nice, friendly day one teammate jab.
Yeah splinter too but although he briefly rubbed my fur the wrong way he manage.

Kalor jumped on later and sounded real hesitant about keeping that vote, too.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
One of the biggest points against griz rn is Hecht still sitting on him. Looks like a nice, friendly day one teammate jab.
Yeah splinter too but although he briefly rubbed my fur the wrong way he manage.

Kalor jumped on later and sounded real hesitant about keeping that vote, too.
I'm still kinda iffy on both Dubs and Grizz. I know Grizz goes a little hard on D1, but this seemed like a little too much of a stretch, even for him.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Anyway, I have no idea, but I'm leaning either B-Dubs, Grizzly, or one of the non-newbie, [relatively] inactives like LuxCommander, weemadarthur, or flatearthpandas. Got a weird gut feeling about Muffin, and Bronson, while new, hasn't really said anything of substance.
Even after looking at things from last night, I'm still sticking with this list of choices for today.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Good, then you understand why I have said your posts have as a whole been not useful. What scumhunting can you point to that you've done before the 11th hour when someone noticed you wallflowering?
Yeah, I don't really see the need to justify myself for you. I've discussed with people and inquired here and there when I was in the thread. If you want to single me out for not scumhunting enough or the right way, whatever.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
So can I get a good argument for my lynch other than "grizz went for an easy target"? That's something of a meta read that doesn't seem to be unfortunately going away.
Oh please. Going for an easy target is scummy. That's the least meta read you're ever going to see. You're the only one invoking meta here.

Good morning!

Godfather's constant probing and switching votes and being antagonistic based on D1 content makes me even more wary of him. To me it reads as someone looking for a target. Perhaps he doesn't like what's been offered already for whatever reason. The question is why? Some of this stuff feels like it's trying to serve as a non-obvious distraction from an obvious distraction. It doesn't pass the smell test imo. Pointing to inactive members is a great way of drawing away eyes and taking some heat off of your mates.
This makes 0 sense as a scum read to me. I've not been the biggest fan of his play today but you make him sound positively townie with that description.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't really see the need to justify myself for you. I've discussed with people and inquired here and there when I was in the thread. If you want to single me out for not scumhunting enough or the right way, whatever.
But what have you discussed that isn't about a room and is about players? Mechanics won't solve this game.

Justify yourself.
excuse me i must now go watch red dwarf's The Inquisitor

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
*Splinter maybe so, but it's an argument I've heard for so many games in a row now, that I've grown cynical responding to it every time.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
re: Janitors. I don't consider them always bastard (I mean, I had one in Kingdom Hearts, and that wasn't Bastard in my eyes). It depends on how it is framed.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
& that's what makes me think you're pushing for a new target instead of hunting for scum

Do you disagree with what I posted about girlofgotham? I'm not just throwing votes into the ether with nary a word. I posted my justification, in detail. If I was after an easy lynch today, I'd be on Kaz or Zipped or Grizzly. You have to push other candidates to get people's reactions. What more do you want me to do here?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you disagree with what I posted about girlofgotham? I'm not just throwing votes into the ether with nary a word. I posted my justification, in detail. If I was after an easy lynch today, I'd be on Kaz or Zipped or Grizzly. You have to push other candidates to get people's reactions. What more do you want me to do here?

I disagree with most of your conduct in this game thus far. You can push people without pinning them against the wall and screaming "WHERE'S THE BOMB".

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna go through the player list quick because I feel like there's a lot of people off my radar:

[He/him] saenima - light town read, based on Aeleus point that I barely remember. Something about picking a fight with... Stu? No red flags, at least
[He/him] BronsonLee - carefree start, but has been very light on actual content. I think he's an overwhelmed newbie rather than coasting scum though
[They/them] Aeleus - Null, some decent posts, not ruffling any feathers as far as I remember. Could be competent newbie scum
[He/him] WhySoDevious - Null, hasn't really registered to me yet, sorry
[She/her] Kitsunelaine - scum? Has some strange posts, most notably that recent scumread on Godfather.
[He/him] Kalor - lives under the radar. I almost noticed him earlier but I've already forgotten why.
[He/him] Stuart444 - early town read but I've been cooling on it since. He seems a bit overeager to push after others have agreed with / defended him.
[He/him] LuxCommander - null, not enough activity. I think the votes on him are roughly as bad as the votes on melon though
[He/him] Grizzly - scum, I've said enough here already
[He/him] Zippedpinhead - willingly making himself a distraction. Unlikely to be scum with that play but he refuses to stop, so I'm not against his lynch. Still my emergency lynch.
[He/him] B-Dubs - probably scum, don't remember why ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯
[-] Godfather - Difficult one, I've flipped a couple of times already. Play has improved since he returned to the thread - responding to criticism without acknowledging it? Light scum read.
[He/him] Z-Beat - Null. I only remember him being a bit too mechanics focussed, undecided on that being scummy or enthusiastic newbie.
[He/him] flatearthpandas - Huh not much from feps today, he got a strange amount of attention from Lux though. Wonder if they're scummates.
[He/him] Kopite - Null, he's started getting mentions lately but was completely off my radar before that
[He/him] Hecht - ehhh light town read. Maybe null, I've liked his reads I guess
[He/him] Muffin - light scum, although he's been defending himself well and kinda made me feel slightly better about him. Still, not against his lynch.
[He/him] StanleyPalmtree - null, too little content. I don't think that's a scumtell in itself but it is making him hard to resolve.
[He/him] Fat4all - Not a great day 1 from Fats, possible scum
[He/him] Turmoil - uhh null, hacent really noticed him since he subbed in
[He/him] *Splinter - do we still put "towniest town" jokes here? I'm not caught up with the meta
[He/him] SaucyKaz - I think Kaz is another who I complimented for their carefree attitude early on. Been a bit of a non presence since then though. Null
[She/her] Girlofgotham - Very light town read, although it's just decent, steady play, nothing that couldn't be faked.
[She/her] weemadarthur - I don't actually have much on weemadarthur even though she's been posting quite a bit. I guess I'd give her the same light town read as Girlofgotham

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not that I want you to do "more" it's that I want you to do "different" so that we can separate emotional townie bucking under pressure vs emotional scum