• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melon's voting is running away. By my lazy counting she's around 7-8. Not sure if that's a good thing. No info to glean from lynching there, but then again no posts either. Heh.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
when it comes down to it day one, unless someone trips over their own butt hole, it's very likely someone who ain't very active get lynched

we need baselines for people going forward

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same question to you, got any reads atm?

Godfather is suspicious, I don't like that argument he got into

Fat4all is just acting as expected, nothing there

Zipperoonie has already been discussed by everyone (including me)

I don't like the low/no activity posters and people casting suspicions on them are right to do so

Hecht seems a bit townish to me

I'm sort of undecided on Saenima, I think he's doing a good job for being a newbie

Fepples seems fine so far

BronsonLee seems pretty towny

I don't have much to go on since it's D1 though

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I don't really have anything against Bronson, but why are people Town reading him? I don't get it.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Not townreading nor am I scumreading him.

I think Bronson is literally just lost new townier or lost new scummie.

I'm sure he'll engage eventually. Or get lynched just as he starts to engage :P

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah none of my reads are really set in stone, it's just where my mind's at right now with D1 taken into account

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
vote: WhySoSerious

They've been mostly focused on talking about mechanics and when I gave them the opportunity to talk about people, they avoided it and said they didn't want to single anyone out.

At the moment this could just be a nervous new townie or newbie scum keeping their head down. This is exactly how I played Cluedo as newbie scum. I stayed mostly quiet and if anyone asked me anything, I either stayed vague or repeated what someone I knew to be town was saying.

I'm open to change this if Serious starts giving answers and offering opinions on other players.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
I've calmed down on the Godfather issue and it's either one of 2 things:

He had to leave and was trying to get as many votes to work off of as he could. This still reeks of selfishness because we can't just write off the rest of the day because godfather isn't going to be here. Isn't necessarily a scum move though.

Or, he's scum and was trying to push people into panic voting, knowing that they'd switch around once they'd formed actual opinions and he could jump on this switching.

I haven't played with godfather before, I don't know how typical this behaviour is but not listening to what people are saying and just yelling "Why do you all hate voting" is not productive.

And following up on his Muffin vote after a scum list that did not include Muffin also does not look good.

I'm not going to vote for godfather right now, especially since he isn't here to defend himself (and I want to hear from Serious). But I'm going to be watching this attitude for the rest of the game.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
saenima BronsonLee WhySoDevious Aeleus

Since you're all new to Mafia, I'd like each of you to tell me what you think of the other 3 so far.
saenima: I've got a town-lean read on him at the moment for reasons previously stated, not sure why they think I've given them a strong town read (I don't think I'm prepared to give anyone that kind of faith at day 1) but they haven't done anything to go against my read yet, interested in people who have gut scum reads on him to expand their views, I may be missing something.

BronsonLee: Lots of memey fluff posts, I've seen them around forums before and this seems like their standard, but that might be just trying to keep up appearances, vote tracker is down but I think they have a vote on Zipped(?) and while I don't remember it being backed up particularly well I don't like how that lead in votes just crumbled away, so towny points there maybe? I'm keeping you at your word to take them down if they just increase the fluff posts tommorow though.

WhySoDevious: Out of them all my strongest scummy vibes (mostly based of a fallacy that at least one of us 'has' to be mafia) hasn't seemed to have talked much outside of mechanics and otherwise coasting, seems close to what I had planned to do if I was scum, if we do goto dark room tommorow, I'd definitely keep an eye on them.

I don't know if you've mentioned this but what are your feelings on us spring chickens?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I'm keeping you at your word to take them down if they just increase the fluff posts tommorow though.

I don't go too hard on new people D1, D2 onwards though, it's fair game.

I don't know if you've mentioned this but what are your feelings on us spring chickens?

I'm impressed by all of you honestly. You're all interacting and engaging well despite being new players. That said:

Saenima: Strong town lean. Really liked their posts so far. Seems to be putting in some good effort and feels sincere in their posts so far.

Bronson: need to see more from them. I do get the sense of nervous new player the most out of all you newbie players so I'm willing to give him a pass for today.

Devious: Similar to you in that it's the strongest scum lean of you new players. I can't explain why really, just something about their posts. idk, will wait and see how today goes and D2 begins.

You: I lean town on you, I've felt good vibes from your posts similar to Saenima.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Re: Godfather and not voting immediately - it's consistent with his past behaviour as town. He always pushes for everyone to have active votes at all times. While I agree with the sentiment, I don't think not having D1 immediately is a scumtell by itself. I don't think his actions today have been scummy per say, but it's not a huge towntell either.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Sure. I can explain better.

You, and B-Dubs, have pointed at people and said they must have power roles. Not just zipped who hemisemidemi almost softclaimed sorta and then walked it back, but randos like godfather. I thought a third person did too but so far search is just showing you 2 with the words i remembered.
The other person was me. I already forgot who I was pointing at, but then I'm #notadoctor

It's Bronson, this is about normal for him. If he doesn't get serious on D2 when we have some information then we can probably end him without worry.
This is a bizarrely assured read on someone who's never played before.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
This is a bizarrely assured read on someone who's never played before.

To be fair, Dubs has done reads of other people based on his experiences with them outside the games. Pretty sure he read me as town in another game because 'well he is acting like he does outside the game, so that must mean he is town'. It's... flawed logic.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to say that her inactivity read to me more as uninterested/too busy player than laying low scum, so I wasn't having a good feeling on the votes, but then she subbed out, so we may never know.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
re: Bronson -

He feels genuine in the game so far, which makes me town read him. That said, he could lean into the 'I am new, I have no idea what is happening" narrative that newbie scum usually use, which gives me pause. He is still a town read for me though (cue FEP stomping in ;) ).

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Vote tool is down so I cannot check, but it seemed like there was a pretty big push for her, though. Bandwagon even.

Yeah, I was going to check the vote tool before hand but it was down so I just put down the vote and waited to see what happened.

She probably got busy though considering she subbed out.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Today has been difficult to gauge because lot of the main topics on contention have been things that don't give me much intel in terms of potential alignments. They mostly feel NAI at this point.

1. The room discussion could be easily scum fake contributing, but there may be town interactions there as well.
2. The Zipped room voting is largely MIA. My vote for him isn't the best, but it's the best I've been able to gather in terms of potential alignment intel thus far.
3. Godfather's 'everyone vote now!!!' stance has gathered some ire from players, but I've seen him done it so often that I don't see it as a scumtell.
4. And lastly, the melon vote was lazy at best. There may be scum voting there.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I think Melon's inactivity is explained now, and unless the replacement can catch up and post enough for us to form an opinion on them lynching that spot is ill advised.

I'm not happy with Godfather's slight tangent earlier as well. I think it was to deflect the heat off his possible scum buddy Zipped who I was happy to lynch anyway so I'll put my vote there for now

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be against lynching a coaster today - Someone who isn't dead in terms of activity like Melon, but someone who is laying low on purpose, while still giving out the aura that they are reading the thread - a common scum tactic. These players can easily coast until endgame and then win as scum.

LuxCommander comes to mind first.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see 'Scum Godfather trying to protect scumbuddy Zipped' angle. Godfather is smarter than that.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
That said, Zipped has basically dropped out of the thread for the most part once the discussion shifted from him.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
3. Godfather's 'everyone vote now!!!' stance has gathered some ire from players, but I've seen him done it so often that I don't see it as a scumtell.
I would agree it's not a scumtell itself, but it has allowed him to post a lot without giving many reads.

Strip out the posts about the importance of voting - since we agree they're NAI - and there's not a lot left. Certainly less than I would expect from a player with Godfather's unparalleled experience. He's spent more time telling others how to play than playing himself, and it's not beyond his ability for that to be an intentional ploy to sidestep day one discussion.

OP
OP
Brazil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Manual post count, let's go

==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Zippedpinhead (6 votes)
B-Dubs - #190
Grizzly - #315
Stuart444 - #406 #684
Z-Beat - #675
BronsonLee - #694
Kitsunelaine - #789
Kopite - #1090

Melonrabbit (4 votes)
saenima - #679
SaucyKaz - #817
Fat4all - #959
LuxCommander - #1003 #1045
Stuart444 - #1034 #1082
LuxCommander - #1045

*Splinter (2 votes)
Melonrabbit - #498
LuxCommander - #663 #1003
StanleyPalmtree - #1040

B-Dubs (2 votes)
Hecht - #206
flatearthpandas - #293

Grizzly (2 votes)
*Splinter - #750 #924
*Splinter - #925
Hecht - #931

Godfather (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #359 #437
Stuart444 - #766 #1034
Muffin - #842

saenima (1 votes)
Kalor - #662

Muffin (1 votes)
Godfather - #589

WhySoDevious (1 vote)
Girlofgotham - #1071

Z-Beat (1 votes)
Aeleus - #677

Hecht (0 votes)
Stuart444 - #217 #406

Kalor (0 votes)
Muffin - #728 #842

Kopite (0 votes)
Grizzly - #194 #273

Stuart444 (0 votes)
Godfather - #140 #589

Kitsunelaine (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #437 #789

Aeleus (0 votes)
Aeleus - #112 #161

LuxCommander (0 votes)
*Splinter - #924 #925

StanleyPalmtree (0 votes)
weemadarthur - #181 #980

Current Countdown:
asktlsvue7

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
OTOH I don't buy the suggestion that he did this to distract from Zipped. That train was losing steam already and didn't need his involvement.

If it was a distraction from anything, it was from the HOT NEW TOPIC of Grizzly being a scummy scum.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Revising a couple of my reads, I think I gave Aeleus too much credit for her good read on saenima. Dropping her back to null, although she hasn't done anything I'd call scummy.

Same for Hecht I guess.