• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I didn't know seasons released an episode a week, started s2 some days ago and thought 7 was the finale, with the child getting kidnapped. Came here to read some speculations and I see all that talk about CGI Luke. Rip the surprise and tension of e8!

Really like the 5,6 and 7th episode, with a bit more tie in to other important characters. That Asokah red jedi girl is cool, loved the vibes of that episode. I'll never get tired of that lone swordman saving an oppressed village trope!

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get you people.

This show is literally set during the HIGHEST of highs for Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. The only other confirmed "Jedi" who we know is alive is Ahsoka and she has no desire to rebuild the order.

Who the fuck else would show up for a Jedi baby reaching out to a Jedi. "They are so lazy using Luke" "Stop using the skywalkers" "Move on"

Its a show SET In the OT TIME PERIOD.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get you people.

This show is literally set during the HIGHEST of highs for Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. The only other confirmed "Jedi" who we know is alive is Ahsoka and she has no desire to rebuild the order.

Who the fuck else would show up for a Jedi baby reaching out to a Jedi. "They are so lazy using Luke" "Stop using the skywalkers" "Move on"

Its a show SET In the OT TIME PERIOD.
CHAPPELLE_01_0107_JEDISEXSCANDAL_640x360.jpg

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
One of the dumbest things to ever have happened in the franchise, and yet even that was in the middle of a space war lol

I mean, you keep making excuses even though its shown time and again what a Force wielding pilot can do. Nothing could stop Luke from boarding Gideon's understaffed ship, their best hope would be to run.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I mean, you keep making excuses even though its shown time and again what a Force wielding pilot can do. Nothing could stop Luke from boarding Gideon's understaffed ship, their best hope would be to run.
No one is making excuses, people just keep posting things outside of the context of what you're suggesting.

As I said, it's a useless conversation anyway and not what my point was

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Luke is for all propaganda purposes the "Empire Killer". Him Showing up as we saw suddenly changed Gideon's tune completely. He went from I'm going to own all your dead asses to trying to kill himself in fear. As scary as Gideon claimed to be he was in charge of what was essentially a Corellian Corvette equivalent ship.

Gideon was a lot of Bluster though yes the DarkTroopers were some power.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
No one is making excuses, people just keep posting things outside of the context of what you're suggesting.

The context is clear, Gideon would've been unable to stop Luke. That's why he panicked as soon as he showed up and tried to kill Grogu when he saw that his ultimate defense couldn't even stop him. I don't know why you think Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master, would be unable to board an understaffed ship.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The context is clear, Gideon would've been unable to stop Luke. That's why he panicked as soon as he showed up and tried to kill Grogu when he saw that his ultimate defense couldn't even stop him. I don't know why you think Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master, would be unable to board an understaffed ship.
This is gunna be my last post about it, as I said it's an irrelevant conversation. Mando is the hero of the story being told, despite Luke saving them in that moment

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
They just pulled a repeat of Maul with Boba

and I'm game

Fucking loved the episode. Although I'm 90% certain the Darksaber's been relinquished without combat before. 70 some pages I'm sure someone's mentioned (Rebels spoilers) Sabine giving it to Bo Katan?

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They just pulled a repeat of Maul with Boba

and I'm game

Fucking loved the episode. Although I'm 90% certain the Darksaber's been relinquished without combat before. 70 some pages I'm sure someone's mentioned (Rebels spoilers) Sabine giving it to Bo Katan?
Gideon does say something along the lines of if she wants to wield the darksaber again she must win it in combat. Could suggest that the first time is viewed as illegitimate to some as it was unearned and it could be a big matter of pride that she not just be given the saber yet again

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Gideon does say something along the lines of if she wants to wield the darksaber again she must win it in combat. Could suggest that the first time is viewed as illegitimate to some as it was unearned and it could be a big matter of pride that she not just be given the saber yet again
Oh maybe good point. We don't know what went down on Mandalore between Rebels and this (well I guess I don't).

All that's mentioned is it was "turned to glass" every time implying it basically got nuked, right?

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh maybe good point. We don't know what went down on Mandalore between Rebels and this (well I guess I don't).

All that's mentioned is it was "turned to glass" every time implying it basically got nuked, right?

i think "glassing" is a general term in Sci-fi, it means things like that, something being totally destroyed

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. Bo Katan was all happy to get the Darksaber from Sabine. But then refuses it when Din does the exact same thing?

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished it. Loved it.

Not sure if I care about a Boba Fett show but ill watch anyway.

Gimme the Ahsoka show yesterday.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
so I assume Luke fucks up with Grogu's training or at least thats how my theory goes...

Keen for S3 and where the show might go from here. Obviously they'll need to resolve the Dark Saber issue

Nov 27, 2020
I don't get it. Bo Katan was all happy to get the Darksaber from Sabine. But then refuses it when Din does the exact same thing?
This is why I think that Gideon is Mandalorian. He took it from Bo in combat and the only way she can legitimately wield it again and assume power on Mandalore is to defeat him. She didn't get a chance to beat him, and now her chance to be legitimate in the eyes of her people is lost. That would also explain why she didn't just arm wrestle Din in that moment. It wouldn't matter, because it wasn't Gideon.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
The Mandos pretty much cleaned house outside of the Dark Troopers. I'd imagine Luke could tell how many people were there when he approached. He is also a top tier badass Jedi at this point, so it doesn't matter anyway.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I am guessing this is something that will be addressed next season.
Possible that the clans fractured if word got out she did not win the Dark saber, and that made it easier for the Empire to eventually wipe out the Mandos

Nov 2, 2017
God I fucking love the music in this show. I'll admit I was a little skeptical about it back when season 1 started "that's not what Star Wars sounds like!" but in hindsight breaking out of the John Williams sound-a-like mold was so obviously the right move. I've seen a couple people saying they weren't feeling it during Luke's appearance, but I actually came in here to post about how much the music made that scene for me, really captured the awe and wonder of him showing up.

Fucking Grogu's theme though! Greatest of all time. That (which I think made its first appearance this season? I haven't rewatched S1 since last year) is now one of my favorite themes in all of Star Wars.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Ahsoka looks at Mando and Grogu's father son like relationship and sees danger, thinking of Anakin.

Luke looks and sees it differently, knowing attachment helped save Anakin.

∀∃:ETURNA

Oct 27, 2017
Luke's appearance was pretty cool. I feel like his entrance was a nod to Vader's scene in Rogue One. Definitely felt similar vibes there.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is why I think that Gideon is Mandalorian. He took it from Bo in combat and the only way she can legitimately wield it again and assume power on Mandalore is to defeat him. She didn't get a chance to beat him, and now her chance to be legitimate in the eyes of her people is lost. That would also explain why she didn't just arm wrestle Din in that moment. It wouldn't matter, because it wasn't Gideon.

She can fight Mando for it, which I am pretty sure will become a plot point later for her. I think Mando will put in a situation where he can unite the Mandalorians, but that would imply having the Death Watch join, and she could denounce that he took his helmet off as she wouldn't want them to join. There's going to be some drama there.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Shame Luke didn't see the Dark Saber, would have been a fun conversation, CGI notwithstanding.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
God I fucking love the music in this show. I'll admit I was a little skeptical about it back when season 1 started "that's not what Star Wars sounds like!" but in hindsight breaking out of the John Williams sound-a-like mold was so obviously the right move. I've seen a couple people saying they weren't feeling it during Luke's appearance, but I actually came in here to post about how much the music made that scene for me, really captured the awe and wonder of him showing up.

Fucking Grogu's theme though! Greatest of all time. That (which I think made its first appearance this season? I haven't rewatched S1 since last year) is now one of my favorite themes in all of Star Wars.

This shit was magical. It's so beautiful, inspiring yet tragic sounding. You can hear some inspiration from "Jedi Steps" around 2 minutes in, or at least that's what I'm hearing.

Also, this theme is perfection. I hope it is here too stay. So menacing.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't need to be a specific person. Just won in combat by whomever possesses it. That goes all the way back to The Clone Wars when Maul claims it from Pre Viszla, and then again in Rebels when Sabine gets it.

I don't think Gideon is Mandalorian. I think it's much simpler. Mandalore was broken by the Empire, and Gideon claimed the Darksaber. Bo Katan wants it back, and could've easily gotten it back UNTIL Gideon called her out. I think a chunk of it is pride, but once Gideon calls her out on it, then it becomes law.

Like, I think the reason Sabine could pass it on is because all the clans pledged allegiance to Sabine, making her the unquestioned ruler of Mandalore. The Darksaber is a symbol, more than anything.

However if the clans are fractured, then trial by combat would be the way.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I do think Gideon could be a Mandalorian turned Imperial. Would be a nice twist on Anakin-Vader, the classic Jedi turned Sith idea, something we haven't seen.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I do think Gideon could be a Mandalorian turned Imperial. Would be a nice twist on Anakin-Vader, the classic Jedi turned Sith idea, something we haven't seen.
True true. There's a lot of Mandalorian lore (MandaLOREian) to build off of and it's cool to have a show that doesn't emphasize the Force side of the SW mythos as much.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan

Could be because Sabine didn't win it herself. She just found it on Dathomir. Bo Katan was also there when Maul won the saber from Pre Viszla (voiced by John Favreau) and I think that's when she broke off from Death Watch. A lot of those who broke off from Death Watch just couldn't accept a non-Mandalorian winning the sword, but maybe that made her more willing to accept it when Sabine gave it to her?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With the popularity of this you have to wonder how fast LFL us going to push forward with the "Marvelization" of Star Wars. ie having multiple shows/movies a year that all tie into each other and require viewing of all of them to really make complete sense of things. I guess you could say its already begun with the Book of Boba and the setting up of Favreau as the Feige figure on the TV end (if more of the new shows blow up too I could see him eventually presiding over the movie division too).

It kinda feels like the days of standalone franchises are over.