• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
It's definitely an objective fact that SW has over the course of five years shifted to an MCU type affair where your enjoyment of the content can directly be attributed to whether or not you engaged with what came before.
that was always star wars, it was always a big shared multimedia universe before disney it's starting to get back there again

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
For as good a job of a villian Esposito plays, the man has big 'notice me senpai' vibes in scenes where he isn't expressing a ton of emotion lol.

However, someone please explain to me if I missed something.
Bo-Katan was all "fuck them traditions" and ridiculed Mando for keeping helmet on. Then she gets mad when Mando just wants to hand her the Dark Sabre without any honor fight bullshit? Why?

Figured this was more to do with who the Children of the Watch are. Bo-katan described them as zealots. If you watch TCW, the idea of removing helmets wasn't really touched on at all and plenty of members of the death watch do it. So Din's tribe must be pretty hardcore.

It was a bit odd that Din didn't know about the Darksaber and the traditions that surround out but if his tribe never intended to return to mainstream mandalorian society (or what is left of it), it kinda makes sense not to pass the story down.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
You know what's sad? Grogu can never appear again, because if he shows up again his appearance would be labeled as fan service. :(

Venuslulu

Oct 28, 2017
If Lucas isn't ok with the direction of Star Wars now that it's basically live action Clone Wars call back, he shouldn't have sold the property.

I don't think the finale was perfect by any means, and the CGI Luke was cringe inducing; just as was Leia in Rogue One, but the episode did bring the majority of the Star Wars fan base together with all the fan service. It was fun and address most of the story threads throughout S1 and this season.

I'm happy that people enjoyed it at the level they did, and hope S3 really tightens up the writing. Get Favreau more heads.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
that was always star wars, it was always a big shared multimedia universe before disney it's starting to get back there again
The films literally went out of their way to ignore everything that was happening or had happened in the EU. It was never an interconnected universe at all. Like, compare the Gendy jedi to the way the jobbers who lost at the coliseum in episode 2. Or how a game like Force Unleashed was canon.

I've being very specific by comparing it to the MCU because tons of stuff that happen in any given piece of modern SW media has a trickle down effect big AND small events are brought up and you can tell how deliberate they are with it because they make sure everyone who would be aware of something in the past being referenced can pick up on it. Like, name dropping Operation Cinder. Something that appeared in a video game and novels.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Not really, her mom is more concerned with the fact that she is likely unable to hold it. The whole point of the Darksaber (and previous helmet of Mandalore) is while it grants you the ability to lay claim to all of Mandalore, it also makes you a target. As the holder, everyone and anyone will be out to wrest the saber from you. So, simply possessing the saber is extremely dangerous if you aren't strong enough to defend it.

EDIT:

But, at least the clip provides some wiggle room.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
As imperfect as the deep fake was you know that if they recast people would be asking "why didn't they just use deep fake"?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what's sad? Grogu can never appear again, because if he shows up again his appearance would be labeled as fan service. :(

Pretty sure the people complaining about fanservice were already complaining Grogu existed at all. No fun allowed, remember. Everything must be a sombre examination of the oldest warning of them all - never meet your heroes.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
Not really, her mom is more concerned with the fact that she is likely unable to hold it. The whole point of the Darksaber (and previous helmet of Mandalore) is while it grants you the ability to lay claim to all of Mandalore, it also makes you a target. As the holder, everyone and anyone will be out to wrest the saber from you. So, simply possessing the saber is extremely dangerous if you aren't strong enough to defend it.

EDIT:

which is when sabine earned it here with witnesses

and bo lost the right after losing it to gideon

Edit: this is also stated by law, meaning the right to wield the darksaber being won by combat is law, it also means bo legally in not allowed to take it by her laws not a religion but by mandalorian law because she lost it already in combat with gideon

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

EDIT:

I get the feeling that Gideon didn't just take it for shits and giggles. Like Bo Katan went out of her way to try to take the main bridge when they could've done anything else. Gideon mentioned that she was likely panicking because he wasn't at the bridge. And she looked pissed as he walked up to hand her the saber. It's like, they knew what was up but Mando didn't. And i'm sure we're either gonna get a flashback about that later, or we're gonna get an EU story about how it ended up in Gideon's hands.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
which is when sabine earned it here with witnesses

and bo lost the right after losing it to gideon

That's true, but then she just handed it to Bo.

I get the feeling that Gideon didn't just take it for shits and giggles. Like Bo Katan went out of her way to try to take the main bridge when they could've done anything else. Gideon mentioned that she was likely panicking because he wasn't at the bridge. And she looked pissed as he walked up to hand her the saber. It's like, they knew what was up but Mando didn't. And i'm sure we're either gonna get a flashback about that later, or we're gonna get an EU story about how it ended up in Gideon's hands.

The way I see getting around how she was just given it the first time is that this act caused some friction in her initial "rule" of Mandalore. Not every clan saw her as worthy of the title since she didn't correctly win the saber, she was given it. As such, many clans held secret doubts which eventually led to her doubting her leadership and ultimately losing the fight against the Empire and the Saber. Now, seeing Mando just hand her the saber again she knows she can't accept or face the same doubts, she must win it.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I admit grew quite tired of Ezra and Zeb fighting early on.

Ezra started off as basically a superpowered street rat who lost his parents to the Empire and wanted revenge. Kanan actually showed him a better way, but Maul proved how easily the dark side can lure you away from the light.

I think, by the end, Ezra actually grew into a pretty cool character. He knew that the Rebellion couldn't win as long as Thrawn was in the picture, so he did a pretty selfless thing and sacrificed himself to ensure the Rebellion had a chance.

Of course, now we know Thrawn somehow made his way back to the galaxy - a very bad thing indeed given that he could quite easily tear the New Republic apart once he has built himself a capable fleet - but we don't know what happened to Ezra.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The Bo-Katan/darksaber bit is the only thing I disliked about the ep. That shit is so contrived and I'm sure it's going to be here for a while.

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars: A huge expansive universe where only two people are important and everyone else is just sort of milling about waiting for them to show up.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The people calling out the constant negativity people have of this show don't see the irony when some of them are the ones who don't hesitate in bringing up how much they don't like the sequels or bring up why they think they're being retconned/ignored.
Quoting my own post for no particular reason whatsoever.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
He's got to show up so that we know Ben didn't twat him in ~15-20 years

He can be forgiven to striking down his father, for attempting to kill his monther. But slaughtering baby Yoda we cannot abide.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I think the voice and scene concept are what matters.

It's a streaming show, they could always update the CGI a little bit in the future. It was almost great, they can fine tune it.

I still highly appreciate the endeavor.

At the end of the day we got this and I am just in disbelief and very happy.

Now hoping Hayden gets the same treatment of love and care (not goofy suit vader).

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The Bo-Katan/darksaber bit is the only thing I disliked about the ep. That shit is so contrived and I'm sure it's going to be here for a while.

No more Baby Yoda, gotta give something new for Mando. He has his own light saber now. The spear is not practical enough.

But seriously, what will replace Baby Yoda? I can only imagine it will be a droid.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Guess Bo-Katan might have some beef with poor Mando in S3. He should have just tossed it on the ground or gave it to Grogu as a memento.
The Mandalorian light saber thing? Would of been good to give it to Luke like: "Here have this souvenir!" just to see Bo Katans face.

Then turn around and say: " Try to take it off THAT GUY then."

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
That was hype as fuck as a casual fan, my goodness that was a great finale. This show is way better than the new movies

Oct 25, 2017
Still want to find out about the spear, Mandos are not shy about embracing technology so a plain-ass spear of pure Beskar seems like it would be really, really old

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lucasfilm logo designer

Ar9ABH7.jpg

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The way I see getting around how she was just given it the first time is that this act caused some friction in her initial "rule" of Mandalore. Not every clan saw her as worthy of the title since she didn't correctly win the saber, she was given it. As such, many clans held secret doubts which eventually led to her doubting her leadership and ultimately losing the fight against the Empire and the Saber. Now, seeing Mando just hand her the saber again she knows she can't accept or face the same doubts, she must win it.
That would be pretty dope yea.

0h-so-Cold

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
Still want to find out about the spear, Mandos are not shy about embracing technology so a plain-ass spear of pure Beskar seems like it would be really, really old
Yeah I'd like to know the history behind that spear as well. Did Mandalore the Indomitable wield it? Or is it much older from the time Revan fought mandalore the great?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How is LF going to manage all these shows? Are they and ILM expanding even further?
Kennedy did say at the Investor meeting they were in the process of building more Volume sets around the world, two of which are in Australia and the UK I think.

Seems like they are expanding big.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017

That was a mess. Should have just had mandalorian toss the sword to some random scrub enemy to rid us of that contrived ass impending conflict between Katan and him

Last edited:

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Boba spin-off and Mando S3 back to back in December 2021 will be nuts.

I think that's ultimately "The Plan". Between all of the Marvel and Star Wars projects Disney has announced they could, conceivably, have a new show begin the week after the last ended. Some will be one offs, others will have multiple seasons and it'll just be something new to watch every week of every year for the foreseeable future.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
He hates droids. But hopefully Tudyk gets a part voicing something.

They kind of dealt with the droid hate with IG. It's part of his character growth so I think it's pretty likely he'll have a droid sidekick especially if his story is about uniting Mandalorians, that would be part of another thing they have to overcome to unite, just like the helmet/face issue.

I think that's ultimately "The Plan". Between all of the Marvel and Star Wars projects Disney has announced they could, conceivably, have a new show begin the week after the last ended. Some will be one offs, others will have multiple seasons and it'll just be something new to watch every week of every year for the foreseeable future.

Yeah I canceled my subscription right after S2, they need to have content releasing continuously to hold subscriptions.