• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Nah I'm not talking about subtle things that would be easy to miss I'm talking about giant spacecraft sending killer robots to steal a baby. I'm talking about bounty hunters following you over the galaxy hunting you and said baby. I get Mando being laser focused and not giving a shit about the particulars to a degree but not a single other character seems to care about why anything happens in the show.

I get it doesn't seem to bother other people though so ymmv
I suppose. I just think people in Star Wars don't tend to question evil in general.

They want the baby for the same reason they build killer space death balls. For kicks.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't. I can't forget it, because people keep bringing up this as an excuse whenever people talk about how boring and dry these character relationships are. Speghetti westerns suck ass and them dying as a genre was an overall improvement for television and the sooner mandalorian drops this shit, the better a show it'll be.

And moreover, if it had the actual balls to be a proper western, then it wouldn't be Luke who shows up. You want a speghetti western? Fine. Then say it would have been better if the Jedi that showed up to save Mando and Grogu actually had been a complete rando. Not just to the characters, but to us as well. Just a totally unknown stranger that you never seen before, have no explanation for, who solves the plot problem, lightsabers the robots and the leaves. I'd be interested in hearing how great the speghetti western defense is when it's not being propped up by carefully selected nostalgia.
Alright dude. I hope you can enjoy something more than you do this lol.

Also, Luke IS a stranger to them, and IMO it works completely fine. It's only a wow moment to viewers.

A stranger Jedi would've been fine by me because it would've meant a new character. You can find me in threads before this one saying "I hope it isn't Luke". I just underestimated how I'd feel when he actually showed up.

laikalot

May 30, 2020
Welp, in my brief time with the internet earlier today, I managed to get both big things spoiled for me. Granted, as soon as that X-wing came on screen everyone knew what was up.

Provided Book of Boba Fett and Mandolorian S3 are separate things, I hope the Armourer shows back up.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There is nothing weird about Mando not asking about what they want with the kid. An imperial doctor put a bounty on the force-using baby, it's clear they want to do experiments on him. Now if there was plenty of force users out there maybe they would be trying to get those too. In any case everyone can understand why the Empire/FO would want a force user to experiment on, they make machines, weapons, etc, to rule the galaxy.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
And having Grogu essentially watch Luke Skywalker on television only adds to the power of it. Grogu is us, as children, seeing Star Wars for the first time, gasping at the idea of an all-powerful Force that binds the universe and makes everything better. He reaches a tiny hand towards the screen not only because he and Luke are linked by their powers, but because what he's seeing is, literally, awesome, and he wants to get closer to it — even if it means leaving his father figure behind.

😭

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just finished the episode, absolutely fantastic.

But damn, the feels towards the end. Me and the wife was already getting sad at the goodbye scene but the moment Mando started to take his helmet off my wife burst into tears and I was having to hold them back.

I know my wife is really gonna miss the show. Every week she goes from being super eager for the next episode and then super annoyed that the episode is over and how short they are.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is nothing weird about Mando not asking about what they want with the kid. An imperial doctor put a bounty on the force-using baby, it's clear they want to do experiments on him. Now if there was plenty of force users out there maybe they would be trying to get those too. In any case everyone can understand why the Empire/FO would want a force user to experiment on, they make machines, weapons, etc, to rule the galaxy.
Yeah that didn't even come into my head watching lol. In fact, I completely empathized with Din there - just like "dude IDGAF about this where's Grogu mother fucker"

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Loved it, though I did kind of hope they were going to keep the likes of Luke and stuff out of it, was still great to see him show up and take Baby Yoda though.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone finds the track that plays during the entire Luke sequence, please send it my way. That was so damn good.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this on twitter.

"Just once let me look on you with my own eyes"

tdkzg9meoz561.webp
:O

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017

Also, Luke IS a stranger to them, and IMO it works completely fine. It's only a wow moment to viewers.

A stranger Jedi would've been fine by me because it would've meant a new character. You can find me in threads before this one saying "I hope it isn't Luke". I just underestimated how I'd feel when he actually showed up.

For some reason, without even having any evidence that it could be, I was hoping it would be a much older Cal. Not quite sure how old he would've been at that time though, and I'm pretty sure there's still much more of his story left to tell. I would have been equally excited for someone new as much as Luke.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
No need to be mean, to be fair there have been lots of amateur deepfakes putting to shame bigger productions stuff.
The Henry Cavill one for Justice League for example, the studio removed his facial hair in an embarassing way that a guy with a budget PC managed to do better.
Sure, there is tons of terribly done professional CG work.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
For music lovers of the series, keep an out for this guy. He does music from the series hours after they air. Two of my favorites.

Ahsoka's Theme

And March of the Resistance from this season of the Mandalorian where the X-Wing pilots save Mando and his crew.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I could really do without yet another Mandalorian civil war plot line. We had it with Duchess Satine, Bo-Katan, and Sabine Wren. Don't really want to see it with Bo-Katan again.

the thing is, they finally get to explore this stuff visually outside of shows made for children. Its new for most of the audience

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017

A new character could work, but not as it played it with Luke in the show. The situation is set up specifically that the Mandos have no hope of winning the fight once the dark troopers breach (even though I actually think there is narrative set up for them to fight off the Dark Troopers), but here comes in this new character that mercs them like it's nothing. Other than his literal presence being signalled by the Grogu Star Phone, this is a straight up dues ex machina. With one fell swoop, this one character just magically solved the plot, turning an impossible situation into barely an inconvenience.

This ONLY works if we know who this is, are happy to see him, and want to see him as plotbreakingly powerful. That does not work with a new character. It only works with a character that carries insane mythological, nostalgia value that is totally separate from anything actually happening on screen, because otherwise it lays bare how mechanistic and emotionally dead this save is. You need the audience to go "Oh my god, it's Luke, I love you Luke!"

As for me feelings...idk. I don't hate the show, but I think it's kind genuinely insane how...I hesitate to use the word badly written, because it's definitely not in places and you can't say that many of the 'flaws' I would point out are accidental, but it is specifically crafted to scratch the pleasure center of SW fans brains more than it is telling an actual story. So I think it's poor as a story, but it's fascinating to see how this interacts with the fandom. But also, as a fan of good stories, I can't help but point out what I feel are the flaws of the series. So I'm in a wierd place with it.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Binged season 2 in a few days. This show is all I ever wanted from a follow up to the original trilogy. That last episode...fucking chills.

Favreau and co added so much depth and nuance to the universe, and have weirdly giving me closure to loose ends (namely, what is life like post-empire) of the OT that nothing since 1983 has managed.

A nice way to end this wretched year. Had a smile on my face every episode.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Just finished the season finale. I unfortunately got the Luke appearance spoiled online. I loved seeing the green lightsaber in action tho.

I was surprised that it ended without resolving the issue of Bo-Katan not able to claim the Darksaber. I thought we were going to have her and Mando fight a duel for it. It just ended so abruptly.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
For music lovers of the series, keep an out for this guy. He does music from the series hours after they air. Two of my favorites.

Ahsoka's Theme

And March of the Resistance from this season of the Mandalorian where the X-Wing pilots save Mando and his crew.

The complete (official) soundtrack is now out.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Whatever happens to Grogu, I'm thinking he was frozen or something. They're going to want him to grow up quick enough to make use of him probably in the post ep IX content. He can't literally be 50 years old, imagine the Jedi having to put up with raising padawans like they're babies for 100 years, they would just be like "We don't allow your kind here."

Plus it would open the door to reusing this plot device to throw other characters in future timelines if desired.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
So this is what it feels like to know these characters lol, I recognized Luke from his Lightsaber hilt... and usually I'm somewhat oblivious to these kinds of things.

Thought the overall season was fine, it's still in my mind being carried by the IP. The lead is boring af, and I wouldn't be watching if this wasn't Star Wars. Really need to adjust their pacing because I don't want 10 shows with this much filler and meandering.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's a Star Wars thing or just in general but it just seems people hate "fan service" I watched and had the biggest smile but there's some who got upset at Luke showing up. Idk, I think the huge majority who watched probably reacted positively.

I watch about 50 reaction vids after each episode. From the ones that posted after this one, the results were very positive. Tears positive.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes dont forget to watch the latest episode of Star Wars Rebels, a show for discerning adults, on Disney XD

really, we still have this stigma towards animation

I certainly dont but the American studios and American audiences at large certainly do feel that way. If its a cartoon, its for kids or teens, meaning that as a creator you will be very limited in how you can tell your stories.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only real problem with the finale was it was fairly generic compared to some of the season highlights, and the Luke face-work was awful and completely took me out of the scene, but i guess competent by tv standards. Still enjoyed it. And wasnt expecting them to tag on a new show announcement at the end.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's a Star Wars thing or just in general but it just seems people hate "fan service" I watched and had the biggest smile but there's some who got upset at Luke showing up. Idk, I think the huge majority who watched probably reacted positively.

People like Luke, they want to like Luke, and they want to see him being Heroic Luke.

It's hard to believe that the end of this episode will see anything other than overwhelmingly positive reaction.