• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lol. After all the spin-offs that were revealed, you find it hard to believe that two different shows might be going on at the same time?

two big live-action things with the same IP? yes

they've very deliberately laid out the schedule so far to avoid that

just look at how the Marvel series are staggered next year on the calendar

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Book of Boba Fett will be an interlude of sorts, taking some of the early episodes of S3. Then later in the season a new book will continue Din's story.

I'm 99% sure of this.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Lol at the people popping off cos someone has an opinion on what they want Luke to be like. Give the guy a break, yeah?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
It is odd that they would have 2 shows starring main characters in Mandalorian armor both premiering in December of next year.

🤔

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
yeah im sure they'll have their most popular star wars character of this millenia, a literal baby, be killed off in a brutal manner by a character nobody cares about anymore

oh no they wont that'd be fucking mad

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Anyway, I dislike the use of Luke like a lot.

First off, the CGI face shit looks really fake. It didn't work with Leia and Tarkin in Rogue One, it didn't work with Leia and Luke in Rise of Skywalker and it still doesn't work here. It's some massive uncanny valley stuff, where it looks slightly off which makes the whole thing look fake. I'd much rather Disney just recast or, ya know, not use Luke at all.

Secondly, this is massive fanservice/fanfic Luke where he solo's an entire super elite squad of Dark Troopers without a single sweat while we have seen other characters struggle to even make a dent. It's everything boring Star Wars fans demanded Luke in TLJ should've been and it's just bereft of any tension. At least have the main characters of the show doing something instead of going 'OH LOOK HOW COOL LUKE IS WOOHOO!'

Thirdly, it's just boring. I guess I should be happy that they didn't tie in yet another animated show character, but Luke likely isn't going to factor into the further show at all and we already know where he ends up vs. using someone like Ezra who they would be free to reuse in the show and have him do whatever they want to. They can't really do that with Luke, because canonically he will start his Jedi Temple not very long after this episode is taking place. So, Luke being the one to take Grogu basically leaves two options: 1. Grogu is done in the show and died in the Jedi Temple burning. or 2. the next time we see Grogu he will be somehow separated from Luke anyway and Luke taking him was utterly meaningless except that maybe Grogu will have a couple of extra Force powers.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
There are like 6 live action shows in development right now
Yeah and some of those shows have been in development for ages now and still haven't come out. KenobI for obvious reasons but Andor has been moving pretty steadily and it still isn't coming out until 2022.

How is it possible they fast-tracked a Boba spin-off PLUS are still making Mando season 3? All those other live action shows are made by different teams. If there was to be a Boba show then it would most likely take place in the Mando universe they are creating, which means Filoni and Favreau are spearheading the project. And I simply can't see them finding time to make 2 big shows at once. Did they build another volume in SoCal? That's another issue too. I guess it's possible they shoot them back to back but I just find it hard to plan it all.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Is there a chance they uploaded an unfinished episode or was that monstrosity of computer effects supposed to be taken seriously? I'm still SHOOK at that uncanny valley bullshit

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If we are switching gears to Boba starting next season then I'll be annoyed. I was already worried that would be the case when all the trades reported a Boba show was being made and it was suspiciously missing from the Disney investor meeting. Yes, it's technically possible Mando+ Boba come out next December but logistically speaking does that honestly make sense? This Book of Boba Fett would literally have to be 3 episodes or something. Also, how on earth are they shooting Mando season 3 and a Boba show at the same time? Season 2 of Mando started production in October of last year and premiered at the end of October of this year.

there's just no way they crank out TWO shows in such a short time span

I mean,

Razor Crest is destroyed
Din's journey is complete
Baby Yoda is safe until Kylo's tantrum
Boba is chilling where he got jobbed for some reason

The only thing not wrapped up in a nice bow is the dark saber succession story which kind of feels arbitrary. Din doesn't give a shit about it.

This is why Mace Windu should've been the one brought back. There would be some interesting shit to work through that affects both Din and Boba. Now I guess it's up to the writers to cook up something completely new for both of them.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and some of those shows have been in development for ages now and still haven't come out. KenobI for obvious reasons but Andor has been moving pretty steadily and it still isn't coming out until 2022.

How is it possible they fast-tracked a Boba spin-off PLUS are still making Mando season 3? All those other live action shows are made by different teams. If there was to be a Boba show then it would most likely take place in the Mando universe they are creating, which means Filoni and Favreau are spearheading the project. And I simply can't see them finding time to make 2 big shows at once. Did they build another volume in SoCal? That's another issue too. I guess it's possible they shoot them back to back but I just find it hard to plan it all.

I think S3 is Book of Boba

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
They explained that they needed time to power up. The entire plan hinged on getting to them in that interim. And it's not an ejection door, it's how they go out on missions like when they stole Grogu. If the outer door is locked and the room is pressurized you can create a vacuum, as is common in pretty much all of scifi. It was only a temporary setback for flying robots.

Ah. That makes sense. Thanks.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
.....alright I might be wrong about Peyton Reed all this time. It was great to see prime Luke doing Jedi shit even though there was a part of me that was hoping it wasnt Luke.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Din not caring about the dark saber and being stuck with this weapon that is so important to everybody else is actually hella more interesting than Boba being the ruler of Tatooine's underworld.
Yup. They've set up Din's story for next season perfectly just like how I was hoping they would.

Again, absolutely sure Boba is a separate series but I'm sure we'll get clarification tomorrow.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think Book of Boba will be it's own thing. Some sort of The Godfather in the SW universe with Boba becoming a crime boss. ^^

Mandalorian should continue on the Mandalorian parts of the story, Mandalore, the war, Dark Saber, Bo-Katan, legacy of the Death Watch and everything.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is that really Mark Hamill's voice? I'm watching again with headphones and doesnt sound like him at all.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Young CGI Anthony Hopkins in Westworld looked way way better than Luke here. This has got to be due to some COVID fuckery because good de aging cgi is possible on a TV budget

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
It just seems like, to me, that the fact that each episode is "Chapter X" refers to the book and with the latest episode finished it makes sense that Book 1 is finished and Book 2 will begin next season and since the post credit scene refers to a book it just makes sense that its referring to Season 3.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
People who think it's a spinoff show or a movie are crazy

It's clearly a second story and they're rotating stories of a different Mandalorian through each one's story to tell.

So it's Boba's turn next as he just got back into the story.

S3 is Book of Boba Fett
SX will be The Mandalorian and it'll be about Mandalore the planet and then Favreau will be like "I never said The Mandalorian was singular" and reveal an Aizen mask

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
If the show is going to do the whole chapter thing, I think we'll get a Bo katan chapter at some point and maybe a Sabine one too before eventually circling back around to Din and Grogu

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My thoughts:

-Koska Reeves hitting Boba Fett with a tornado DDT is an iconic Star Wars moment
-While the Luke stuff is cool, I really wish they had done a better job than Deepfake Luke™
-80% sure that Book of Boba Fett is Mando S3
-99% sure we will see Din Djarin and Bo Katan again
-Fennec Shand is cool as hell
-lmao Bib Fortuna closure, thank you Favreau
-Really sad that Grogu/Din's journey has taken them separate ways
-No, you jackasses, Grogu isn't going to die at the temple

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all, the actor for Gideon has talked about being involved in S3 and possibly even 4. Boba's story really has nothing to do with Gideon, we're getting a normal Mando S3 and not just Book of Boba Fett.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how they're so precious about Luke and Leia but had no problem recasting Han and Lando 🥴
To be fair, Young Han specifically had a pretty big backlash. And I also am skeptical the type of thing they did with Luke here (or Leia in the films) is sustainable for a long period of time/an entire feature. Part of it probably also has to do with Mark Hamill still being completely game to do whatever for Star Wars (unlike Harrison Ford), and his voice acting skill still allowing himself to modulate his voice enough to sound close to how he was when he was younger (unlike Billy Dee Williams).
If we are switching gears to Boba starting next season then I'll be annoyed. I was already worried that would be the case when all the trades reported a Boba show was being made and it was suspiciously missing from the Disney investor meeting. Yes, it's technically possible Mando+ Boba come out next December but logistically speaking does that honestly make sense? This Book of Boba Fett would literally have to be 3 episodes or something. Also, how on earth are they shooting Mando season 3 and a Boba show at the same time? Season 2 of Mando started production in October of last year and premiered at the end of October of this year.

there's just no way they crank out TWO shows in such a short time span
I mean, you clearly have no idea how Television production works if you think this. But logistically a studio or production company can actually put multiple series into production simultaneously.

That said, it would definitely be odd to have two different series about characters wearing Mandalorian armor premiering in the exact same month... which means...
It is odd that they would have 2 shows starring main characters in Mandalorian armor both premiering in December of next year.

🤔
Yeah. Probably it is just season 3. The only thing that is making me hesitate is why even announced it like that at the end of the show as if it was a new series. I am sure they will clear it up... but probably wait at least a week, maybe two, to do so.

EdenOfTheEast

Banned
Jul 1, 2020
Fuck me ...

The all Female gun fight was amazing

Luke turning up and slaying the Dark Troopers has me over the fucking edge.

10/10

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
My thoughts:

-Koska Reeves hitting Boba Fett with a tornado DDT is an iconic Star Wars moment
-While the Luke stuff is cool, I really wish they had done a better job than Deepfake Luke™
-80% sure that Book of Boba Fett is Mando S3
-99% sure we will see Din Djarin and Bo Katan again
-Fennec Shand is cool as hell
-lmao Bib Fortuna closure, thank you Favreau
-Really sad that Grogu/Din's journey has taken them separate ways
-No, you jackasses, Grogu isn't going to die at the temple
-Ezra Bridger will return

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all, the actor for Gideon has talked about being involved in S3 and possibly even 4. Boba's story really has nothing to do with Gideon, we're getting a normal Mando S3 and not just Book of Boba Fett.

this logic makes no sense because it assumes Boba's story excludes all external forces and just focuses on him, which these two seasons of Mandalorian didn't do with Din