• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I wonder if we'll get confirmation from LF, Disney or even JF himself about 'The Book of Boba Fett' and if it is Season 3 or a separate thing. I'm still in the camp that it is Season 3 and it will be a dual story season, jumping back and forth between Din/Bo and Boba/Fennec - with the groups coming to together initially as allies but eventually as enemies.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I really don't understand this obsession that Lucasfilm have with using CGI to recreate faces rather than just cast someone. It's not only distractingly fake but it limits what they can do with the characters.

Now that they've used a CGI Hamill face for Luke he's clearly not going to appear very much in any future episode, it's too expensive and awkward. Does anyone actually like this kind of CGI?

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
Okay, great episode for the most part. That said.

Why did it take so long for the Dark Troopers to com out of their holding stasis? And more importantly...

Why the fuck would you put an ejection door right there?!! By your biggest assets?!

Gideon: "My Dark troopers are powerful, near indestructible and very, VERY fucking slow!"

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
can I just say that my favorite part of this moment is boba on the throne or that it's in the palace, but rather just how badass Fennec Shand is

image.png

She's so great. Glad they kept her around.

She's the first Mando character to be put out into other media, right? Seeing as she's in The Bad Batch.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So that was def Mark Hamill according to the credits. At least maybe in voice.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017

Why did it take so long for the Dark Troopers to com out of their holding stasis? And more importantly...

Why the fuck would you put an ejection door right there?!! By your biggest assets?!
To be fair, they still would have all died if Luke hadn't shown up

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand this obsession that Lucasfilm have with using CGI to recreate faces rather than just cast someone. It's not only distractingly fake but it limits what they can do with the characters.

Now that they've used a CGI Hamill face for Luke he's clearly not going to appear very much in any future episode, it's too expensive and awkward. Does anyone actually like this kind of CGI?

I can imagine it's their say of "honoring" the actor. Though. If that truly were the case they'd get them for the cartoons too.

Who fucking knows why they do it.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Book of Boba Fett is Season 3. Season 1 and 2 was The Book of The Child (or something) hence why each episode was Chapter X.

Season 3 will reset the numbering because its a new book.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Book of Boba Fett is Season 3. Season 1 and 2 was The Book of The Child (or something) hence why each episode was Chapter X.

Season 3 will reset the numbering because its a new book.

This is where I'm at. Though they used this episode to set up drama between Din Djarin and Bo Katan so I imagine we'll be seeing Din again.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Gideon: "My Dark troopers are powerful, near indestructible and very, VERY fucking slow!"
They explained that they needed time to power up. The entire plan hinged on getting to them in that interim. And it's not an ejection door, it's how they go out on missions like when they stole Grogu. If the outer door is locked and the room is pressurized you can create a vacuum, as is common in pretty much all of scifi. It was only a temporary setback for flying robots.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
We already know Grogu doesn't die at the temple they showed it in a comic and he wasn't there.

My guess is at some point The Mandalorian will timeskip and Grogu comes back to Mando.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I like how they're so precious about Luke and Leia but had no problem recasting Han and Lando 🥴

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
Luke showing up was inevitable. But one things the episode did really well was it made the inevitable really upsetting. I've wanted to see post-ROTJ Luke in his prime - just like all the obsessive (and deeply wrong) Last Jedi detractors who can't handle the fact that their childhood hero ever had to deal with disappointment and failure and bitterness like a regular aging human being - and we did, but it came at a high cost. Brilliant.

No way there isn't a time skip in this series' future; right? Would at the very least allow them to use Mark Hamill more effectively.

Cannot WAIT for the Book of Boba Fett. I have only recently had any reason to truly care about the character but it's the first Maori-led Star Wars series to be followed by the first Maori-directed Star Wars film. Pakeha imperials have been colonising space for far too long.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
If we are switching gears to Boba starting next season then I'll be annoyed. I was already worried that would be the case when all the trades reported a Boba show was being made and it was suspiciously missing from the Disney investor meeting. Yes, it's technically possible Mando+ Boba come out next December but logistically speaking does that honestly make sense? This Book of Boba Fett would literally have to be 3 episodes or something. Also, how on earth are they shooting Mando season 3 and a Boba show at the same time? Season 2 of Mando started production in October of last year and premiered at the end of October of this year.

there's just no way they crank out TWO shows in such a short time span

Oct 25, 2017
Book of Bobba my guess will be a mini-series or prologue to Mando chapter 3. They went out of their way this Ep to reestablish Bobba is not a Mando.

Now though Mando has a cruiser as a ship and the Darksaber, and Beskar spear with a rightful claim to Mandalore. There is no way his story is done.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Darksaber deal is stupid, Sabine literally just gave it to her.

Mandalore was massacred. I don't think we can take that sequence as gospel for darksaber rules. Maybe it works differently when you don't have the unified houses behind you by virtue of the fact that they no longer exist. There are no more legitimized claims to the weapon. And it was stolen, which is likely the biggest taboo. There's just a lot we don't know, and there is literally no chance F&F discounted and/or forgot that scene.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Disney+ going to raise prices to $50 in 2021. Between Star Wars and Marvel, the output is going to be fucking inhuman.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
What a beautiful moment ruined by shoehorned shitty cgi NOT LUKE. That was so egregiously bad. Distracting, obnoxious and hands down THE worst Star Wars effects that have ever been displayed. I'm kind of sad that's the way it ends. An incredible episode up until those last 3 minutes. Ugh, what the FUCK were they thinking?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
you really think Mando S3 (which was announced for "Christmas 2021") and this thing (announced for "December 2021") are different things?

really
Of course?

Mandalorian is incredibly popular, they are not just replacing it with a Boba Fett series. Din and Grogu will be reunited eventually, probably some time next season.

Din is set up for a conflict with Bo now too. He has the dark saber. This is a new beginning for him, which he needed going into S3.

I am 100% sure these are separate things.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
If we are switching gears to Boba starting next season then I'll be annoyed. I was already worried that would be there case when all the trades reported a Boba show was being made and it was suspiciously missing from the Disney investor meeting. Yes, it's technically possible Mando+ Boba come out next December but logistically speaking does that honestly make sense? This Book of Boba Fett would literally have to be 3 episodes or something. Also, how on earth are they shooting Mando season 3 and a Boba show at the same time? Season 2 of Mando started production in October of last year and premiered at the end of October of this year.

there's just no way they crank out TWO shows in such a short time span
There are like 6 live action shows in development right now

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't get over how jarring Deepfake young Luke looked....
This could've been a near perfect finale for me.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Of course?

Mandalorian is incredibly popular, they are not just replacing it with a Boba Fett series. Din and Grogu will be reunited eventually, probably some time next season.

Din is set up for a conflict with Bo now too.

Just because it's more focused on Boba doesn't mean other stories can't happen

just like this series being focused on Din didn't mean other stories couldn't

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
you really think Mando S3 (which was announced for "Christmas 2021") and this thing (announced for "December 2021") are different things?

really

Lol. After all the spin-offs that were revealed, you find it hard to believe that two different shows might be going on at the same time?