• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, what an ep. Delivered on every level.

Wait was it Koska that got smoked by Gideon? I thought it was Bo-Katan, then was all relieved when she was standing at the end. (Which also explained why no one reacted...)

It was Bo-Katan, she looks like she had to get up and was limping a bit there, but she and Reeves are both perfectly fine at the end.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
Y'all, Season 3 IS The Book of Boba Fett

S1-S2: The Book of Din Djarin
S3-?: The Book of Boba Fett
?-?: The Book of ??? (Bo Katan)
Nope because Giancarlo Esposito said that we'll see a lot of Moff Gideon is season 3 and I don't see how he'd be relevant if season 3 just decided to be about Boba Fett
ew.com

'The Mandalorian': Giancarlo Esposito discusses the second half of season 2

Giancarlo Esposito on how we're about to see a lot more Moff Gideon, his new Darth Vader-like armor and weighing in on Baby Yoda's egg eating.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
So they had previously announced that Mando Season 3 would be starting in December 2021. I think its very likely that this "Book of Boba Fett" is exactly that - season 3 of the Mandalorian. I think it might be a dual story season, jumping back and forth between Din/Bo and Boba/Fennec - with the groups coming to together initially as allies but eventually as enemies.

That all being said, I'm surprised this episode didn't touch on the cloning/blood stuff more. I freaked out when we got 'Just one X-Wing' followed by a Jedi fucking shit up. To me it was always Luke as soon as that moment happened but it wasn't until we saw the green saber for the first time that I started freaking out. I agree with others that they should have just cast someone else but Star Wars does like to do their weird CG and De-aging stuff.

There are stories still to be told for Din and Grogu, I'm sure of it. Even if they have to do a time jump - there is still stuff to be told there. But man, that scene where he gives him over to Luke was heartbreaking. I'm really not sure what's next for them but hey I don't write the show. For Din atleast, I guess it will involve the Darksaber and Mandalore. Also as no major characters died here there's still pretty large implications for their futures and the deeds they were involved in.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to assume they're taking the Mad Max approach from now on where Din is just along for the ride in different stories. It'd be weird if he wasn't around at all.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
So:

-Book of Boba Fett
-Grogu is with Luke
-Sasha Banks is Dead
-Moff GIdeon is alive
-They definitely set up a Din Djarin/Bo Katan conflict of some kind which they aren't possibly going to leave hanging

Didn't they say the Mandalorian was going to cross over with Rangers & Ahsoka?

Sasha's alive. Bo gets shot, but is up later on in the scene, when Luke walks in.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You know what's great? To see Luke's Green lightsaber protecting children rather then trying to murder them in there sleep.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Grogu survived one mass-Jedi slaughtering, he can survive another.

One more time and he gets a free sundae.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Nope because Giancarlo Esposito said that we'll see a lot of Moff Gideon is season 3 and I don't see how he'd be relevant if season 3 just decided to be about Boba Fett
I mean, Boba transitioning to the main character doesn't mean the main Mando S1-S2 cast can't be involved.

It's debuting exactly when Disney said Mando S3 would debut, and the "Book of" title goes with Mando's "chapter" setup.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
... did Kylo actually kill Grogu?

No. There's still more than 15 years between this and when Kylo kills most of Luke's students (some survived). Filoni and Favreau and Lucasfilm in general knows people right away would come to the conclusion that Grogu would be killed along with the rest of Luke's students years later, so they wouldn't have done this if they didn't have a way later on to reassure the audience that Grogu's fate isn't sealed already.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
No, this is fanfic Luke, still riding high on the Endor victory. Luke in the sequel trilogy is the truest fucking extrapolation of a character who has lost everything that I have ever seen. People need to stop this bullshit.

I dug seeing god mode Luke tonight, but I also agree that Luke in the sequel trilogy is a much more compelling character than he was in the original trilogy.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I dug seeing god mode Luke tonight, but I also agree that Luke in the sequel trilogy is a much more compelling character than he was in the original trilogy.

I mean this was great, but the notion that TLJ Luke is somehow incorrect or out of character is fucking idiotic. I do hope they get Sebastian Stan for any future appearances, though. He's not an exact match but he's better than the CG double.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Man. I don't know what to say about this episode. Out of all the episode the pacing in this one was absolute dogshit. It felt like the effects were patched together in about 30 minutes post production. By the time Luke showed, my heart wasn't even in it anymore.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_mwhtrkf8JR1sl21koo1_540.gifv

Darksaber deal is stupid, Sabine literally just gave it to her.

This confused me too...
They explained Mando's armour thing, have some faith.

Presumably there's a reason why she lost it (and Gideon ended up with it)

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy Fuck. What did I just watch? It was pure fanservice out the ass, but I loved every second of it. Filoni and Favreau, that madmen. Actually getting to use Luke. This opens up so many possibilities.

And honestly, the deepfake/CG of it all really didn't look that bad, and I'm sure can even be improved if they used him more. I was fooled in most of the shots -- it's like he was grafted straight out of Return of the Jedi. As soon as that X-Wing showed up, I had the widest grin on my face. And as soon as that green lightsaber ignited, it got even wider. I don't know what sorcery they used, but it felt good. I mean, it feels good to feel like a kid again in general. And this did that.

Luke aside, I enjoyed the team up a lot more than last season (even though Cara Dune is still a terrible character with a terrible actor, who we need to never see again after this). The direction from Peyton Reed was pretty good. The Dark Troopers were cool (and I am sure will be back when Luke is not around to save them). The fight with Gideon was well choreographed, and I was pleasantly surprised that they actually let Grogu go.

Now the only question is... Well, is "The Book of Boba Fett" another new show, or simply the next chapter of THIS show? I am sure Disney will make it clear in a week or so after people have had a chance to watch the episode, but I am pretty curious. I also can't tell if this was meant to be a series finale and the outstanding stuff with Bo Katan retaking Mandalore is happening in another show, or if this really was just a season finale. I guess the answer to the Boba Fett question will also answer this one.

Overall, despite all the flaws I've complained about over the course of these two seasons, I was really happy with this. And either way, whatever form the future holds: be it continuing to follow Din and Bo Katan, following Boba Fett now, and/or just launching all these other shows: At least there will be multiple characters, not just a singular non-speaking one. So the sky is the limit from here.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can we just talk more about Boba rolling up into Bib Fortuna's (yep) palace, murdering him, and taking over the Tattoine underworld? I love it. And that's some more old EU lore legitimized.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
Man. I don't know what to say about this episode. Out of all the episode the pacing in this one was absolute dogshit. It felt like the effects were patched together in about 30 minutes post production. By the time Luke showed, my heart wasn't even in it anymore.
You seriously think post-production on that scale works 30 minutes you got some issues and then again it's the same site that thinks that the rushed games are because they don't like "the gamers"

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Oh, and yeah, I for one, did notice the obvious parallel and reference to Vader's Rogue One hallway scene.

Similar to Vader's lightsaber blunt thrusts, but more defensive in many ways, but still much forceful than a typical prequel Jedi.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
can I just say that my favorite part of this moment is boba on the throne or that it's in the palace, but rather just how badass Fennec Shand is

image.png