• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say that the Mandalorian theme is my favorite piece of Star Wars music since Revenge of the Sith.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
So this is prolly happening right? (i meant the wookie appearing in the show)

f28cfc24d3054acc93788430a27cb5cc.jpg

starwars.fandom.com

Krrsantan

You're Black Krrsantan. The infamous Wookiee bounty hunter. I've heard of you. I know why you were forced to leave Kashyyyk. And how you've disgraced your people ever since.Obi-Wan Kenobi, to Krrsantan Krrsantan, also known as Black Krrsantan, and nicknamed "Santy," "BK," and "Black K" by Doctor...

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Ahsoka is in this finale and that she wasn't just a one-time appearance for this season.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Uuh soo watch out for spoilers. The titles for the second volume of the soundtrack leaked, including the season finale.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
I4Tnohv.jpg

yiyXg0o.jpg

bXM0kZl.jpg

Mon Montha pretty bad job with the New Republic in Canon.
No wonder why many planets want to empire back or become independent.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So what is the consensus? Have people been liking S1 or S2 better thus far?

Also this is set after Episode VI, so there's not Empire or Republic thus making most of the galaxy lawless right?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Also this is set after Episode VI, so there's not Empire or Republic thus making most of the galaxy lawless right?
Season 2 is a big step up from Season 1. There is a lot of lawlessness but that is mostly because the show takes place primarily in the Outer Rim. The New Republic is in its early days and far away from where this show takes place save for a few Republic X-Wings patrolling around from time to time.

The Empire was defeated in ROTJ, but it isn't completely gone. The "Imperial Remnant" is still out there and a present antagonist within the show.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 is a big step up from Season 1. There is a lot of lawlessness but that is mostly because the show takes place primarily in the Outer Rim. The New Republic is in its early days and far away from where this show takes place save for a few Republic X-Wings patrolling around from time to time.

The Empire was defeated in ROTJ, but it isn't completely gone. The "Imperial Remnant" is still out there and a present antagonist within the show.
Thank you!

It's growing a little bit on me. I very much disliked season 1 bar two episodes. But at least the set pieces have been grand and action packed this season and there's plenty of interesting characters. I still think the story is moving at a snail's pace though.

Will catch up with e3, e4 and e7 tonight!

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017

For me, season 2 gives season 1 a wedgie.
Not just because of the fanservice, there's just more interesting stuff happening.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
If anything, S2 makes me wanna check out TCW/Rebels more. I think I got up to TCW S2 before I quietly lay it to rest a year ago (I've seen the last four episodes of S7 though). Just started on Rebels and is on S01E03 and I'm really liking the cast and Ezra.

Just saw e3 with Bo-Katan and she seem pretty cool actually. So that was a clone as well huh, think I recognize him from the PT. Onto e4 and e7 next!

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
For me, season 2 gives season 1 a wedgie.
Not just because of the fanservice, there's just more interesting stuff happening.
I really like season 2, but I feel like season 1 episode 7-8 is still the highlight for Mandalorian for me, Quill, Iggy, Armorer, so many cool moment in those 2 episode. hopefully season 2 finale would bring it to the top.

the interesting stuff that happen in season 2, feels like setup for spin off and future seasons. too much setup and not enough payoff

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I liked S1 more than S2 on the whole. S2 just didn't have much going on for most of its runtime.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
S2 overall was mostly a stepdown from S1. These stormtroopers encounters are just hard to take in. Its beyond cartoonish at how inept they are. Mando must have a higher body count than Drake in Uncharted.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say S2 is a overall improvement.. nothing here reaches the lows of chapter 4 and 5. The overall actor performances and action choreography also saw big improvements.

Yeah there isn't much plot progression but I'd say that the first season had the same problem(not sure if its really a problem for me). Nevertheless S2 does a much better job at making it feel like a continuous adventure.

edit: and people asking for payoff.. (why are teasing this weeks chapter like its the series finale tho)

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say S2 is a overall improvement.. nothing here reaches the lows of chapter 4 and 5. The overall actor performances and action choreography also saw big improvements.
Completely agree.

Even the "worst" episode (the one with the spiders) was way better than chapter 4 and 5. Those two were bad enough that it made me wonder if this show was actually gonna suck.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah there isn't much plot progression but I'd say that the first season had the same problem(not sure if its really a problem for me). Nevertheless S2 does a much better job at making it feel like a continuous adventure.

edit: and people asking for payoff.. (why are teasing this weeks chapter like its the series finale tho)

I'm sure this is the end of the "Grogu arc" of The Mandalorian. I think someone will show up to take the kid and Din will hesitantly hand Grogu over on pain of death if anything happens to him, before riding off into the sunset to head off on another adventure. Bo-Katan mentioning she intends to rebuild Mandalore and how important the Darksaber will be to achieving that should be the basis for the "Mandalore Restoration arc".

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Maybe they can tease some Mace Windu hint by having "Take a seat" in the marketing for then next couple of days.

Oct 25, 2017
Im so curious how this will go,
Bo-Katan obviously has to be involved right?

Gotta show up like
latest

"Hey Din I brought some friends as well"
Legacy-of-Mandalore-Wren-Family-United.png

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
When I first saw that trailer my dumbass was, like, "hey, that's like Fennec's helmet" but for some reason I didn't think it was her until people brought it up.

Dork Knight

Feb 20, 2018
I kinda love how this season feels like a video game. Each episode is basically a quest:
  1. Mando needs [X]
  2. Character in episodes has [X], but first he must do [Y] to get it.
  3. Then, after he gets [X], he has to proceed to the next planet (level) to start the next quest.
Sure, it's a little repetitive/formulaic, but I dig the simplicity of it. Each episode is tight, action-packed, and fun. Love this show and sad the finale is tomorrow!

Nov 27, 2020
I'm sure this is the end of the "Grogu arc" of The Mandalorian. I think someone will show up to take the kid and Din will hesitantly hand Grogu over on pain of death if anything happens to him, before riding off into the sunset to head off on another adventure. Bo-Katan mentioning she intends to rebuild Mandalore and how important the Darksaber will be to achieving that should be the basis for the "Mandalore Restoration arc".
If that's the case, they better tease something huge coming. I think most of the show's cache with the general public is based on "Baby Yoda does cute thing", and a lot of viewers would drop the show if he's gone. Personally, I don't see that happening. Grogu's arc is absolutely tied with Din's, and he'll likely be on the show until the end. I can see Din dying to save Grogu before the end of the series, making Grogu the "Mandalorian", rather than Grogu leaving the show in season 2.

Oct 27, 2017

I'll be honest: I think the show will lose a lot of its watchers (and its entire relevance in pop culture) if "baby Yoda" leaves the show.