• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Side note that's a bit off topic but related to Rebels:
there was one hanging plot thread from Rebels they never tightened up. A minor one, but still one that I'm bummed they never finished: in the first season Ezra makes friends with an Imperial academy srudent who only goes into the academy to find his sister who went there and never responded. The kid claims the Empire basically takes promising students and does something with them, but has no idea what. My theory was she became the Seventh Sister, but that implication is kinda chucked out the window when Kanan has his Master trial and finds out the Grand Inquisitor was part of the Jedi Order, and likely the other Inquisitors as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Side note that's a bit off topic but related to Rebels:
there was one hanging plot thread from Rebels they never tightened up. A minor one, but still one that I'm bummed they never finished: in the first season Ezra makes friends with an Imperial academy srudent who only goes into the academy to find his sister who went there and never responded. The kid claims the Empire basically takes promising students and does something with them, but has no idea what. My theory was she became the Seventh Sister, but that implication is kinda chucked out the window when Kanan has his Master trial and finds out the Grand Inquisitor was part of the Jedi Order, and likely the other Inquisitors as well.
There's actually a four-part series of kids novels titled "Servants of the Empire" that was released alongside those episodes and covers the rest of the story. The Rebels episodes were basically jumping off points for the tie-in, though the novels actually cover the lead up to the first episode, as well as partially adapting both.

Last edited:

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

It's gonna happen.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Look, there's a reason the Empire lost. That's all I can say.
I kind of feel there is a story to be told about how flimsy, easy to infiltrate, and corruptible basically all organizations we've seen thus far are.

The Jedi order has stood for "a thousand years/generations", but what we actually saw is one of the most incompetently run governments and wars that have ever been put to film. The reason we had clone wars is because some random jedi put in an order for a clone army, somehow none of this got back to the Jedi council until it was made. The seperatists attacked, and Yoda was like "Er, okay, I guess we have a clone army, so lets use them as our foot soldiers." and the origin of the clone army was never investigated (in the movies).

It's no wonder Palpatine was able to so easily maneuver and get complete power, which he then reorganized into an empire.

An empire that fell because of 3 scrappy people managed to exploit one critical flaw of their plans in all cases. Which destroyed the empire and let the new republic be formed....

Right up until another group, the First Order, somehow amassed enough power behind the scenes to get a new death star that is even stronger than the original, blowing up 5 key planets, which is apparently all you needed to do to destroy the new republic.

Then Palpatine comes back from some dark magic planet with ships, a new army, and portable mini death stars.

If I was a citizen of this galaxy, I'd demand to know how the fuck does this keep happening. How do random ass armies keep getting raised. Why are so many critical weaknesses to governmental structures made over and over again.

You could have like some kind of radical reporter basically trying to piece together a history of this galaxy and ending with serving as the instructor for the new NEW republic on how not to get overtaken by simple, stupid, easily avoidable tactics.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One would think Filoni (and Favreau!) could have pushed for 4 more episodes given their clout at Disney...but maybe they did and were still turned down.
Favreau wasn't involved with season 7 of TCW in any way as far as I know. They also greenlit and put that into production over a year before The Mandalorian debuted. I do think based on the strong reception to S7 they could go back and do more now, so we'll just have to see if it happens. But I have a feeling Filoni has his hands full now with all these other shows; so I'm a bit skeptical it will happen at this point.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Favreau wasn't involved with season 7 of TCW in any way as far as I know.

I just meant that like Favreau was a big fan of the show so maybe he and Filoni could have teamed up and pitched the idea to Disney (with Favreau being like "yeah you should give them 4 more episodes for Boba, coz Boba will be in Mando at some point. synergy!") but I don't know if people can actually tag team execs like that.

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching Rebels over the last few days,
I didn't remember the Ghost being as big or bigger than
latest

Jesus its massive.

Favreau wasn't involved with season 7 of TCW in any way as far as I know.
A lot of the work was done when he was directly involved. Filoni is entirely incharge of Lucasfilm Animation projects though otherwise.
Its why he stepped away from Rebels S3 as showrunner(was setting up Resistance) but returned to finish Rebels with S4.

Last edited:

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just meant that like Favreau was a big fan of the show so maybe he and Filoni could have teamed up and pitched the idea to Disney (with Favreau being like "yeah you should give them 4 more episodes for Boba, coz Boba will be in Mando at some point. synergy!") but I don't know if people can actually tag team execs like that.
Yeah of course they were already working on Mando at the same time Clone Wars got greenlit, so anything is possible. Whatever the case, they only got 12 -- either because that is all Disney would give them or because Filoni had his hands full developing these other shows. All of the unfinished arcs considered though, it may just be Filoni didn't think finishing the Cad Bane story was that important/as important as other episodes. The Crystal Crisis arc was also near-complete and even released in that unfinished form, but they didn't finish that up for S7 either.
latest

Jesus its massive.

A lot of the work was done when he was directly involved. Filoni is entirely incharge of Lucasfilm Animation projects though otherwise.
Its why he stepped away from Rebels S3 as showrunner(was setting up Resistance) but returned to finish Rebels with S4.
I said Favreau, not Filoni. Filoni was absolutely highly involved in S7 of TCW.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I kind of feel there is a story to be told about how flimsy, easy to infiltrate, and corruptible basically all organizations we've seen thus far are.

The Jedi order has stood for "a thousand years/generations", but what we actually saw is one of the most incompetently run governments and wars that have ever been put to film. The reason we had clone wars is because some random jedi put in an order for a clone army, somehow none of this got back to the Jedi council until it was made. The seperatists attacked, and Yoda was like "Er, okay, I guess we have a clone army, so lets use them as our foot soldiers." and the origin of the clone army was never investigated (in the movies).

It's no wonder Palpatine was able to so easily maneuver and get complete power, which he then reorganized into an empire.

An empire that fell because of 3 scrappy people managed to exploit one critical flaw of their plans in all cases. Which destroyed the empire and let the new republic be formed....

Right up until another group, the First Order, somehow amassed enough power behind the scenes to get a new death star that is even stronger than the original, blowing up 5 key planets, which is apparently all you needed to do to destroy the new republic.

Then Palpatine comes back from some dark magic planet with ships, a new army, and portable mini death stars.

If I was a citizen of this galaxy, I'd demand to know how the fuck does this keep happening. How do random ass armies keep getting raised. Why are so many critical weaknesses to governmental structures made over and over again.

You could have like some kind of radical reporter basically trying to piece together a history of this galaxy and ending with serving as the instructor for the new NEW republic on how not to get overtaken by simple, stupid, easily avoidable tactics.
Okay first of all, I would love a Star Wars: Lois Lane series or some shit like that. Second of all:

-The Jedi order always felt like once you got to be a Master, you could do whatever the fuck you wanted. Like you couldn't be questioned. And there were so many Jedi by the time the Clone Wars happened. In the show, Sifo Diyas is a different person, but in the movies I always got the implication that it was originally supposed to be an alias because no one knows who the fuck he even is.
-The Empire fell to a few scrappy people is funny, yeah, but really it's understated in the series that there was still a Galactic Senate at the core of the Empire and that stuff like the Death Star was hidden from them so as not to be opposed. Thing is the Senate was losing people to the Rebellion because of shady bullshit so the military took full control, but then the military was losing it's power (starting with the Death Star).
-The New Republic, First Order, Resistance is one I'm interested in the most. How the shit does any of that happen. Palpatine had been planning that shit since the Clone Wars, but that tech hasn't fully been available until 50 years afterwards (when the Death Star tech was invented, then he had to miniaturize that shit for a Star Destroyer). Taking out 5 key planets on the one hand seems small, but also we don't know the strength of the New Republic. The First Order is ridiculous in and of itself.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah of course they were already working on Mando at the same time Clone Wars got greenlit, so anything is possible. Whatever the case, they only got 12 -- either because that is all Disney would give them or because Filoni had his hands full developing these other shows. All of the unfinished arcs considered though, it may just be Filoni didn't think finishing the Cad Bane story was that important/as important as other episodes. The Crystal Crisis arc was also near-complete and even released in that unfinished form, but they didn't finish that up for S7 either.

I said Favreau, not Filoni. Filoni was absolutely highly involved in S7 of TCW.
Yeah my brain read it as Filoni multiple times, sorry.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
latest

Jesus its massive.

The Ghost's like 1/3 or maybe 1/2 the size. Comparable to the Millennium Falcon.
3f47e157dc983f900a6c4d0ddba76897.jpg

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017

I think it's time to bring David Simon into Star Wars to comment on why there are now two Galaxies and how all the pieces matter.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Okay first of all, I would love a Star Wars: Lois Lane series or some shit like that. Second of all:

*explanations*
You could probably incorperate some of that into the story, but I'm not someone whose looking to break star wars by pointing out all the ways it doesn't make sense, I want a story that is introspective enough and innovative enough that it moves past it's roots. A character who looks at the politics of this universe and thinks "We should probably fix that" is one that I think would serve that well. But it can happen any number of ways, I just want Star wars to stop being a snake that eats itself.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
You could probably incorperate some of that into the story, but I'm not someone whose looking to break star wars by pointing out all the ways it doesn't make sense, I want a story that is introspective enough and innovative enough that it moves past it's roots. A character who looks at the politics of this universe and thinks "We should probably fix that" is one that I think would serve that well. But it can happen any number of ways, I just want Star wars to stop being a snake that eats itself.
I'm not looking to do that either. I'm just saying that'd be a cool genre thing to do for a series.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
I find it ironic that something called the darksaber a weapon literally wielded by maul still could be considered a more honorable weapon than the skysaber, AKA youngling killer 3000

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
There's like 352 Star Wars threads I think you're good

LOL. Thanks. I'll keep using this one for anything SW related.

If anyone wants to read some interviews with the writers of the upcoming High Republic literature:
www.starwars.com

The Makers of Star Wars: The High Republic: Charles Soule on Light of the Jedi | StarWars.com

To celebrate the upcoming debut of his new book, kicking off the Lucasfilm publishing initiative, Charles Soule tells StarWars.com about his favorite new characters and how writing is akin to tapping into the Force.

0h-so-Cold

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
There was a Wookie youngling in TCW who built his lightsaber out of wood.
Yes but did it have any hilt protrusions sticking out of it that would be susceptible to an ongoing Saber duel?

That wooden high republic Saber hilt should be made of the stuff resistant to Saber damage, right? Or atleast have Saber sections split off to protect the hands.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Yes but did it have any hilt protrusions sticking out of it that would be susceptible to an ongoing Saber duel?

That wooden high republic Saber hilt should be made of the stuff resistant to Saber damage, right? Or atleast have Saber sections split off to protect the hands.
It likely isn't, largely because there's barely anybody to fight in this era who'd actually be using a lightsaber

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Regarding the Jedi: I think we'll either see somebody new, or somebody super obscure, or they will just leave the answer until next season.

Reason being:
The casting leaks, we knew Ahsoka, Bo-Katan, and Boba were in the show months before due to leaks, we even knew Olyphant would be showing up. If Mace or Ezra were cast I'd imagine we'd know already, unless they somehow managed to guard that leak more.

its much easier to keep secret one scene at the end of the season that could be shot in post than entire episodes of people in make-up tbh