• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
"Select the picture with a Speeder Bike"
o7H8sl8.jpg

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Sounds like the book Light of the Jedi is gonna be worth picking up in early January for those of us who want to enter the world of the High Republic Era in Star Wars. SW Explained gushed about it a bit.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like the book Light of the Jedi is gonna be worth picking up in early January for those of us who want to enter the world of the High Republic Era in Star Wars. SW Explained gushed about it a bit.
Yeah, usually I avoid Star Wars novels as they often demistify backstory I don't really need. But I'm very curious about this new era so I'll pick this one up.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's never watched any of the animated stuff, who are Sabine and Ezra?
The short answers:

Ezra was the main character of Rebels. He was a young kid and honestly, in the end, a pretty generic Jedi that isn't especially interesting. He has an extra strong affinity with using the force to communicate with animals.

Sabine was also a regular character on Rebels. She is a Mandalorian and her mother used to hang out with Bo-Katan. She wielded the Darksaber briefly and ended up giving it to Bo Katan... who apparently lost it since.

Oct 25, 2017
The short answers:

Ezra was the main character of Rebels. He was a young kid and honestly, in the end, a pretty generic Jedi that isn't especially interesting. He has an extra strong affinity with using the force to communicate with animals.

Sabine was also a regular character on Rebels. She is a Mandalorian and her mother used to hang out with Bo-Katan. She wielded the Darksaber briefly and ended up giving it to Bo Katan... who apparently lost it since.
This

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Do I have to watch Clone Wars? If not, I'm just gonna dive into that Rebels road map.

edit - whoops, or was it the other way around lol.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do I have to watch Clone Wars? If not, I'm just gonna dive into that Rebels road map.

Clone Wars comes chronologically before Rebels. If you want to get everything out of Rebels, you definitely need to have watched the critical episode of Clone Wars.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

It helps to get a sense of Ahsoka in particular, and a couple of other characters that show up in Rebels, but it's not essential. It definitely helps, though.

If you don't want to watch all of The Clone Wars, just watch the final four episodes of season 7.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Rebels is so good, and Hera is just the best. Such a steady hand and always makes clear-headed decisions. Might be the best ship captain in Star Wars.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I know I have said this before by I am so happy

SO HAPPY that LFL is finally realizing the rich universe they have in their hands thats not just the OT.

Rebels is so good, and Hera is just the best. Such a steady hand and always makes clear-headed decisions. Might be the best ship captain in Star Wars.

And Rebels was one of the shows that opened my eyes to how fun it is to mix and match stuff from everywhere in the franchise while throwing new concepts into the mix

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks. Is there some essential eps to watchlist for Rebels? I don't want to watch all four seasons or whatever lol.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Did anything ever explain how she lost the dark saber? Or is that part of the mystery, seems like she should be looking for that.
Sabine passed the Darksaber on to Bo-Katan in I think 0BBY, but we don't know how Bo-Katan lost it and Gideon got it without Bo-Katan dying. Presumably something that happened during the purge of Mandalore/Mandalore's rebellion against the empire, but we know nothing about all of that

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
Sabine passed the Darksaber on to Bo-Katan in I think 0BBY, but we don't know how Bo-Katan lost it and Gideon got it without Bo-Katan dying. Presumably something that happened during the purge of Mandalore/Mandalore's rebellion against the empire, but we know nothing about all of that

ok, glad there wasn't a piece that I completely missed.
Sabine gives up the Darksaber to Bo Katan to legitimize her as the leader of anti-Imperial Mandalorians

I must have forgotten that bit of rebels, but it makes sense now.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've personally never gotten the hype over Chopper tbh. But in general I like droids that can actually speak (ie, K2-S0, HK-47, etc.). BD-8 from Fallen Order might be my favorite beep boop droid.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
They are probably brining Windu back.

Windu is a fucking asshole, that I wouldn't be surprised if he kills Mando.

yeah mace is the only jedi boba actually hates, and i have seen people are say that boba hates all jedi and would attack ashoka (when no evidence suggests he would) hell him and look only have beef in the movies becausehe is jabba's body guard and is after han's bounty, he has no personal grudge against look, han on the other hand if that is anything like legends they should currently hate each other

sit it wrong to wish sabine kept that sword, i really like sabine and the dark excalibur arc yes that is what the official youtube calls it is one of my favorites in rebels

Oct 25, 2017
sit it wrong to wish sabine kept that sword, i really like sabine and the dark excalibur arc yes that is what the official youtube calls it is one of my favorites in rebels

[
Honestly that felt like the legitimate direction they wanted to go but once Filoni was back as supervising director in S4 he second guessed having Sabine tied down to Mandalore longterm.
Its the better storyline, but probably better for the character overall to have the freedom.
Now she gets to teamup with one of the most popular Star Wars characters and journey across the galaxy.

She also doesn't have to be the Mandalore that failed and somehow lost the saber to Gideon.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly that felt like the legitimate direction they wanted to go but once Filoni was back as supervising director in S4 he second guessed having Sabine tied down to Mandalore longterm.
Its the better storyline, but probably better for the character overall to have the freedom.
Now she gets to teamup with one of the most popular Star Wars characters and journey across the galaxy.

The tail end of season 3 and season 4 made me realize the early seasons should have had more sabine focus or her and ezra should have been one character.

Oct 25, 2017
I've personally never gotten the hype over Chopper tbh.
giphy.gif

PointlessNecessaryBushbaby-size_restricted.gif

BL4ItTz.gif

He's a psychopath, and great.

The tail end of season 3 and season 4 made me realize the early seasons should have had more sabine focus or her and ezra should have been one character.
Yeah it was my biggest negative my first time through the series.
That also could have been a really big deal as well her being trained by Kanan with Jedi Ezra also around.

I still get the feeling though the Ahsoka + Sabine thing will have Ahsoka trying to teach Sabine to open herself to the force and further train her with a lightsaber.

Last edited:

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I can't believe what I watched. That was legit great, and big part of it was because of Bill Burr character, and God knows the episode where he was in season one was a disaster.

We'll likely be back to popcorn fan service next week. Too bad, this show could have great potential.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Y'all, it's Ezra. It's a co-Filoni joint, Ahsoka's here and getting her own interconnected spin-off, they're leading up to Thrawn, come on. It's Ezra.

The only other option is Mace Windu, and it's only an "option" because there's at least a narrative connection with Boba, but that would be an even more impressive ass-pull than "Palpatine has returned" and the Boba connection is still far more tenuous than Ezra naturally slotting directly into the rest of what's going on.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all, it's Ezra. It's a co-Filoni joint, Ahsoka's here and getting her own interconnected spin-off, they're leading up to Thrawn, come on. It's Ezra.

The only other option is Mace Windu, and it's only an "option" because there's at least a narrative connection with Boba, but that would be an even more impressive ass-pull than "Palpatine has returned" and the Boba connection is still far more tenuous than Ezra naturally slotting directly into the rest of what's going on.
Filoni is doing several other shows. Is Ezra going to show up in one of these in the next few years? Yeah, almost certainly. I don't see a reason he has to show up right now in this season of The Mandalorian though. The truth is any Jedi showing up will be interesting, whether it's a legacy character or someone brand new. So it really doesn't need to be Ezra.

Personally I think they're working on canonizing Kyle Katarn what with the Dark Troopers being brought in and all -- that is IF they're going with an existing character.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Regarding the Jedi: I think we'll either see somebody new, or somebody super obscure, or they will just leave the answer until next season.

Reason being:
The casting leaks, we knew Ahsoka, Bo-Katan, and Boba were in the show months before due to leaks, we even knew Olyphant would be showing up. If Mace or Ezra were cast I'd imagine we'd know already, unless they somehow managed to guard that leak more.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Filoni is doing several other shows. Is Ezra going to show up in one of these in the next few years? Yeah, almost certainly. I don't see a reason he has to show up right now in this season of The Mandalorian though. The truth is any Jedi showing up will be interesting, whether it's a legacy character or someone brand new. So it really doesn't need to be Ezra.

Personally I think they're working on canonizing Kyle Katarn what with the Dark Troopers being brought in and all -- that is IF they're going with an existing character.
I'm not saying he's showing up this season, but Ezra will be "the Jedi that answers the call".

Mando's building up Thrawn likely being the final boss, or at least a major antagonist.
Thrawn and Ezra are basically each other's nemeses. Thrawn and Ezra disappeared together.

Ahsoka's a major character in this show/its spin-offs.
Ahsoka was last seen before this looking for Ezra, at more or less this exact point in time.

Any other character, new or old, at minimum raises questions of what they've been doing for the past few decades, if not several other far more pressing questions. (except for Luke, but I highly doubt they'll try and pull that off)
Introducing Ezra just answers a question already directly posed by his last story - where he is at this exact period in time, and what happened to him and Thrawn when they disappeared - without raising any others.

This is a show about Mandalorians that has also re-introduced the battle for the Dark Saber and control of Mandalore as a significant plot element.
Ezra is already directly connected to this on-going story and basically all its players.

Ezra is the lead character in a Filoni show.
This is a Filoni show.

Ezra doesn't just fit the role neatly. He fills a precisely Ezra-shaped slot.

Last edited:

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying he's showing up this season, but Ezra will be "the Jedi that answers the call".

Mando's building up Thrawn likely being the final boss, or at least a major antagonist.
Thrawn and Ezra are basically each other's nemeses. Thrawn and Ezra disappeared together.

Ahsoka's a major character in this show/it's spin-offs.
Ahsoka was last seen before this looking for Ezra, at more or less this exact point in time. Relatedly, Ezra's story leaves off with an open question at this exact point in time. Any other character at minimum raises questions of what they've been doing for the past few decades, if not several other far more pressing questions. Introducing Ezra just answers a question already directly posed by his last story.

This is a show about Mandalorians that has also re-introduced the battle for the Dark Saber and control of Mandalore as a significant plot element.
Ezra is already directly connected to this on-going story.

This is a Filoni show.

It doesn't literally need to be Ezra, no story needs to go in a specific direction. But it is Ezra.
See, I see everything in the Ahsoka episode as backdoor setup for her own show. So I think while Thrawn may be overall tied to whatever Gideon is doing/The Mandalorian, he (and thus Ezra) will be more a part of the Ahsoka show -- which will then possibly crossover to being the "endgame" for these 3 Filoni shows. Ie, Gideon will stay the main antagonist for The Mandalorian specifically for some time.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017

Ahsoka was last seen before this looking for Ezra, at more or less this exact point in time.

Any other character, new or old, at minimum raises questions of what they've been doing for the past few decades, if not several other far more pressing questions. (except for Luke, but I highly doubt they'll try and pull that off)
Introducing Ezra just answers a question already directly posed by his last story - where he is at this exact period in time, and what happened to him and Thrawn when they disappeared.

Ezra is already directly connected to this on-going story.

This is a Filoni show.

It doesn't literally need to be Ezra, no story needs to go in a specific direction. But it is Ezra.

Filoni did say that the end of Rebels MAY take place after the mando series, so assuming he's not lying who knows what will happen

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Come to think of it, it's sort of odd the Boba/Cad Bane arc was cut from Clone Wars given that the intention of bringing Boba back in The Mandalorian must have been known by (at least) Filoni for some time.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Come to think of it, it's sort of odd the Boba/Cad Bane arc was cut from Clone Wars given that the intention of bringing Boba back in The Mandalorian must have been known by (at least) Filoni for some time.
It's because they only got an order for 12 episodes, ie, 3 arcs. Siege of Mandalore was obviously going to be one. And now that we know Bad Batch was a backdoor pilot, that had to be one too. Which means the Ahsoka arc was the only one that could have swapped out for Boba Fett/Cad Bane or Son of Dathomir (which probably would have been more valuable for Siege of Mandalore).

I still hope they get finished as "Lost Episodes" one day...

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Introducing Ezra just answers a question already directly posed by his last story - where he is at this exact period in time, and what happened to him and Thrawn when they disappeared - without raising any others.

Ezra is already directly connected to this on-going story and basically all its players.

This is a Filoni show.

Ezra doesn't just fit the role neatly. He fills a precisely Ezra-shaped slot.

I am completely convinced at this point. Great post.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
It's because they only got an order for 12 episodes, ie, 3 arcs. Siege of Mandalore was obviously going to be one. And now that we know Bad Batch was a backdoor pilot, that had to be one too. Which means the Ahsoka arc was the only one that could have swapped out for Boba Fett/Cad Bane or Son of Dathomir (which probably would have been more valuable for Siege of Mandalore).

I still hope they get finished as "Lost Episodes" one day...

One would think Filoni (and Favreau!) could have pushed for 4 more episodes given their clout at Disney...but maybe they did and were still turned down.