• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Mace could show up, but his ties to this story are limited. I think they'll bring him back, but probably in the Obi-Wan series or Ashoka. I can only see his character as a fallen jedi who is ashamed of his failures, bitter, spiteful, and desperate to regain a position of power or settle scores, falling to the dark side in doing so. A nice twist for a character who basically didn't trust Anakin and now ends up falling down the same path. Ashoka or Obi-Wan facing him off would work.
I don't think Mace should ever go dark, have him be Punished Mace and what not but Mace was always the perfect example of the negative aspects of the jedi order while still being light side. He's someone who was so fearful of going dark he went as hard as could in shutting down his emotions and it led him down the path of being an out of touch stubborn fundamentalist. He can still channel that and be an antagonist while not going dark.

He represents what Clone Wars probably meant in the Mortis arc by saying "too much light" can be just as bad as too much dark.(obviously don't take this to mean the jedi are as bad as the fucking Empire)Wrapped up in all the politics of the Senate, the Jedi became stagnant upholders of the status quo cause they thought they knew better than anyone else up in their ivory tower. It got the point they were willing to order assassinations and reconcile it with being light side/good.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think Mace should ever go dark, have him be Punished Mace and what not but Mace was always the perfect example of the negative aspects of the jedi order while still being light side. He's someone who was so fearful of going dark he went as hard as could in shutting down his emotions and it led him down the path of being an out of touch stubborn fundamentalist. He can still channel that and be an antagonist while not going dark.

He represents what Clone Wars probably meant in the Mortis arc by saying "too much light" can be just as bad as too much dark.(obviously don't take this to mean the jedi are as bad as the fucking Empire)Wrapped up in all the politics of the Senate, the Jedi became stagnant upholders of the status quo cause they thought they knew better than anyone else up in their ivory tower. It got the point they were willing to order assassinations and reconcile it with being light side/good.

That is exactly why it should lead him to the dark side, that inner conflict isn't over. In an extreme form, he'd be Berserk's Mozgus.

I guess if GRRM was writing Star Wars, Mace would end up like I said :p

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
That is exactly why it should lead him to the dark side, that inner conflict isn't over. In an extreme form, he'd be Berserk's Mozgus.

I guess if GRRM was writing Star Wars, Mace would end up like I said :p
That's just boring to me to have Mace end up yet another yellow eyed goober lost in the sauce. Mace is kind of interesting because he can do all this shit while still staying on the light side. It's some of the closest mainstream SWs(but that I mean not counting stuff like KOTOR 2) has come to injecting a little nuance into the light/dark dichotomy. Well probably besides Rebels with the Bendu. Windu's gimmick is being a walking contradiction realized through Vaapad.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's just boring to me to have Mace end up yet another yellow eyed goober lost in the sauce. Mace is kind of interesting because he can do all this shit while still staying on the light side. It's some of the closest mainstream SWs(but that I mean not counting stuff like KOTOR 2) has come to injecting a little nuance into the light/dark dichotomy. Well probably besides Rebels with the Bendu. Windu's gimmick is being a walking contradiction realized through Vaapad.

When I say fall to the dark side I don't mean in the "Feel the power of the dark side!" kind of way, Star Wars should do away with this overly simple take on it. I'm saying he'd basically be a desperate ruined Jedi who uses dark side powers without admitting it to himself, thinking he's still a true Jedi because he's refusing to accept that he has fallen the same path as Anakin. Mozgus is really a good example, a complete religious fanatic one would equate with a devil worshipper but who is 100% convinced he is serving God.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man that was a fun episode. Too bad Mayfield didn't join the crew. He'd have been great to have more of.

And Boba's armor all fancy and painted now? Yeaaaaah. Just feed that fanservice into my veins.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Good episode overall - but wish they had done something more interesting with Mayfield's character. Show likes to do the "oh he's a good guy after all"

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus I come back watching this with my dad, we both loved it, then read the thread to see all this nitpicking.

Do you guys even LIKE this show?

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if it's been mentioned or discussed or not, but could Moff Gideon be doing all this in order to resurrect / clone the Emperor etc (sort of like what the Emperor was talking about in RoS) ?

Oct 28, 2017
This show is magical. It had my jumping in my seat for something from episode 2. I was hoping for seismic charges, the coolest damn seem from Attack of the Clones and they brought it back.

I love this damn show!!!!

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I guess. SO much of this thread tends to feel negative, when I'm coming out of nearly every episode extremely satisfied. I guess a lot of people just really want this to be Game of Thrones: Star Wars?
Anybody thinking favreau would bring us something as narratively ambitious as GOT was fooling themselves from jump.

This chapter is going to haunt people who feel that the favreau written chapters are barebones. The Mandalorian has so much untapped potential.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if it's been mentioned or discussed or not, but could Moff Gideon be doing all this in order to resurrect / clone the Emperor etc (sort of like what the Emperor was talking about in RoS) ?

Oh for sure. The Empire lying in wait and rebuilding its strength is quite literally foreshadowing their evolution into the First Order and all these experiments into infusing clones with the ability to use the Force is definitely leading to the creation of Snoke and the clone Palpatine inhabits in Rise of Skywalker.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Oh for sure. The Empire lying in wait and rebuilding its strength is quite literally foreshadowing their evolution into the First Order and all these experiments into infusing clones with the ability to use the Force is definitely leading to the creation of Snoke and the clone Palpatine inhabits in Rise of Skywalker.

Let's hope it turns out better than RoS then lol.
To be fair, the Expanded universe material, has always added great backstory, e.g Rogue One going someway to show why Vader was so feared (and how powerful he was).

KadeYuy

Oct 30, 2017
Thought this was the best episode of the entire show. Everything flowed so well. Dialog, themes, and character development with good acting. You still have some contrivances but they fall into the background as minor when the rest of the episode is so solid.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Burr's Mayfeld is a great character. Miles ahead of Cara Dune.

If every episode was this level...

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i'm a bit late but watching ep 3 i thought "oh that's cool they're from the animated series i bet fans of that will love it"

then ep 4 hit "fucking dark troopers?"

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2020 is such a crazy year.

Now we can say that Bill Burr is one of the best Star Wars characters.

It's pretty wild how one can legitimately make an argument for Bill fucking Burr being the best Star Wars character since Return of the Jedi, and it wouldn't be a meme argument but an actual decent argument.

Nov 27, 2020
It's pretty wild how one can legitimately make an argument for Bill fucking Burr being the best Star Wars character since Return of the Jedi, and it wouldn't be a meme argument but an actual decent argument.
I wouldn't go that far, but I will say that one episode represented a more interesting exploration of an ex-Stormtrooper than Finn's entire arc across three movies. Finn needed a scene as impactful as the scene Mayfeld got at that table.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't go that far, but I will say that one episode represented a more interesting exploration of an ex-Stormtrooper than Finn's entire arc across three movies. Finn needed a scene as impactful as the scene Mayfeld got at that table.

I just get depressed at imagining a scene like that in the sequel trilogy, with that same tension and emotional heft but between Finn and Phasma. Like imagine if that's how she went out in TLJ instead of falling down a freakin' hole. Finn just ices her cold in a sudden burst of raw emotion after years of personal torment over his time as a Stormtrooper under her command.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
what if the reason Yoda's species is so rare is because each person can only produce 1 egg in their entire lifespan

SunnyD

Dec 3, 2017
It's hard for me to judge Cara's character or Gina Carano's acting when I feel like that character has gotten very little character focus/development.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what came first the Yoda or the egg 🤔
Eg79mNjXYAERXjk.jpg

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
We're gonna find out the Jedi had cloned Yoda. Something like that. It's going to be some twist related to how the Jedi actually were the first ones experimenting with creating force-using clones and what not.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up with the last two episodes. Fun, although again i wish there wa more development throughout the series like Mayfeld showed hints of in the last episode. Still, it's enjoyable enough to watch and they're showing me different settings and more characters which I like.

Also it was hard for me to reconcile Boba here to Boba from the original trilogy of course, but I'll just say he got better with experience or something.