• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna go ahead and say Ezra Bridger would be the best bet. We don't know anything about what's happened to him post-Rebels, but based on his arc in Rebels he'd be the perfect person to train Grogu, as he was also an extremely emotional Force user with a lot of attachments and mental blocks. Him getting past that was some satisfying stuff to watch.

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
I've always associated the cover art of the Jedi Knight 2 Mysteries of the Sith add-on as the normal Mara Jade, as that's the only place I know her from.

Mysteries-of-the-Sith-cover.jpg

But I think from who has appeared so far and what little I know of Ezra, he seems the most likely to turn up.

Nov 27, 2020
I'm gonna go ahead and say Ezra Bridger would be the best bet. We don't know anything about what's happened to him post-Rebels, but based on his arc in Rebels he'd be the perfect person to train Grogu, as he was also an extremely emotional Force user with a lot of attachments and mental blocks. Him getting past that was some satisfying stuff to watch.
Yup. If Luke shows up it will be in a scene in the series finale or something. Plus...remember all that weird teasing Rahul Kohli was doing a while back? Would not be surprising if the smoke actually did indicate a fire.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Yup. If Luke shows up it will be in a scene in the series finale or something. Plus...remember all that weird teasing Rahul Kohli was doing a while back? Would not be surprising if the smoke actually did indicate a fire.
One more thing to add: Ezra's biggest skill was his ability to communicate with other species, particularly through the Force. He was very empathetic, but he also probably developed some high level empath and other abilities through the Force as well during Rebels. Like I said who knows what happened after.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So in this time period, what are our realistic options for Jedi that could have heard Grogu's call out in the force?
The options are basically:
  • Ahsoka (Already shown in The Mandalorian and didn't want to take the kid, unlikely)
  • Luke (Definitely alive and active)
  • Leia (Definitely alive and active)
  • Ezra Bridger (Whereabouts unknown, but likely alive)
  • Kyle Katarn (if they are canonizing Dark Troopers, then he basically goes along with that story... so it's possible)
  • Cal Kestis (unlikely since he may die/have his story wrap up in the Fallen Order games)
  • Mace Windu (back from the dead/never really died)
  • Oppo Rancisis (Known to have Survived Order 66)
  • Coleman Kcaj (Known to have Survived Order 66)
  • Another Prequel-era Jedi that has survived Order 66, whose status we didn't know.
  • A new character

Kobe

Oct 27, 2017
The options are basically:
  • Ahsoka (Already shown in The Mandalorian and didn't want to take the kid, unlikely)
  • Luke (Definitely alive and active)
  • Leia (Definitely alive and active)
  • Ezra Bridger (Whereabouts unknown, but likely alive)
  • Kyle Katarn (if they are canonizing Dark Troopers, then he basically goes along with that story... so it's possible)
  • Cal Kestis (unlikely since he may die/have his story wrap up in the Fallen Order games)
  • Mace Windu (back from the dead/never really died)
  • Oppo Rancisis (Known to have Survived Order 66)
  • Coleman Kcaj (Known to have Survived Order 66)
  • Another Prequel-era Jedi that has survived Order 66, whose status we didn't know.
  • A new character

I'll take Ezra Bridger and a spin-off sequel where Grogu becomes apprentice.

How come Yoda isn't on your list? Or is he dead during this time period?

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
what if its a ghost jedi

like Yoda
Straight up I think that it's a possibility. Like Grogu may have just communed with a Force ghost. Because Ahsoka only kind of knew what she was talking about.

This series takes place 5 years after the original trilogy and the fall of the Empire, so Yoda would be dead.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Just a random thought but what if Grogu turns out to be Yoda's son? Yay or nay?

Personally I'd think it'd be cringey as fuck. Me and a friend were talking about this at work today lmao

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

Personally I'd think it'd be cringey as fuck. Me and a friend were talking about this at work today lmao

Statistically fairly likely. His species was always known to be super rare, and they were both in the Jedi temple?

But my gut says no. Part of me wonders if the species is born of the Force or something weird.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
No. Palps having sex was disgusting enough.
I was thinking that IF that's a big reveal coming up, Disney is going to like retroactively put in random scenes in the comics/books where it "explains" why Yoda didn't save Grogu from the Jedi Temple himself. Like maybe Yoda thought Grogu died when Anakin killed the Younglings and deep down had a sense of regret over not being able to save his son or some shit lmao.

Me and him were talking about the all sorts of weird implications of it and how Yoda would basically be a deadbeat dad.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

I don't think it'd be cringey, but it'd be odd, right? Like the Jedi were pretty into the whole "no kids" thing, yeah? And Yoda was like, the Jedi. I know the whole "Jedi Order was a bunch of hypocrites" has been done to death, but Yoda was always the one who was kind of the closest to a model Jedi you could really get. A wise old man who's chill and nice, but will also beat the shit out of you if you're a dick.

The other issue is that it makes him sketchy that he wouldn't go back to find his kid.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
As much as I want more Ezra I don't think it'll be him. Ahsoka's original mission being to find him and he just shows up nearby makes it awkward imo.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it'd be cringey, but it'd be odd, right? Like the Jedi were pretty into the whole "no kids" thing, yeah? And Yoda was like, the Jedi. I know the whole "Jedi Order was a bunch of hypocrites" has been done to death, but Yoda was always the one who was kind of the closest to a model Jedi you could really get. A wise old man who's chill and nice, but will also beat the shit out of you if you're a dick.
I don't think it's that Jedi are against conception, just the attachments involved with it. So most Jedi would likely have kids and just not parent them if they strictly follow the Jedi order. Being in love or being horny is a part of the attachment thing.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Oct 27, 2017

Yoda always did seem like a deadbeat dad based on how he treated Anakin, but I could see him basically being the Ging Freecs of the SW world

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
If you think about it Gorgu was a padawan in Coruscant for like decades and that means Windu,Yaddle,Oppo Rancisis and Coleman Kcaj(i copy and pasted those last two names ofc) are the natural choices to find him.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Also its the year 2020 and theres a very small but real chance Mace Windu gonna appear in live action Star Wars again,makes you think

Oct 27, 2017
Grogu's gonna have to play dodgeball to see his dad ('s corpse)?
Yup, except blindfolded and using the force, kinda like how Luke trained with the pilot helmet on in ANH when Obi Wan first introduced him to the force. And the ball has lasers

But like I said, if you consider Yoda a deadbeat parent it makes sense why he kept pushing the council not to establish any familial ties. Plus he's the oldest, so who's to say that was even a rule before he got there

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what if its a ghost jedi

like Yoda

Yeah Yoda died in Return of the Jedi. This is five years later. It is possible he communed with, or could commune with a ghost Jedi (like Yoda), but Ahsoka specifically said someone would come answer the call. So that feels like it must mean a living person, especially if they are meant to come train the kid.

Sharpeye

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Watch it be a wildcard that answers Grogu's call like Barris Offee lol. Dave has to do something with her eventually lol. But I kinda think it might be either a lowkey or new character that will answer the call.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just when all hope is lost and Gideon is about to extract all of Grogu's blood, the Guardians of the Galaxy + Thor show up.

Feb 19, 2018
This. Ezra went poof together with Thrawn.
And Thrawn is back.

Nov 27, 2020
As much as I want more Ezra I don't think it'll be him. Ahsoka's original mission being to find him and he just shows up nearby makes it awkward imo.
This is why I think it will be Ezra. He doesn't have to show up in person, but appearing through the force to Grogu would be the proof that Ahsoka and Sabine need to go on their search for him.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017

The other issue is that it makes him sketchy that he wouldn't go back to find his kid.

Not entirely true. Ki-Adi-Mundi had several (I think? Or at least one) wives because reproduction was rare for his species. Could be the same for Yoda, especially if his race is closely connected to the force.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
I'll take the chance that no Jedi shows up to pick up Grogu.

Not this season, at least.

I think we'll see the Jedi show up, but as an end of season stinger similar to the darksaber from first season. They'll be at the site where Grogu was before he was kidnapped and the camera will slowly pan up to reveal who it is.

Feb 19, 2018
But is he though? Filoni said there is a chance this takes place chronologically before we see ahoska go looking for them at the end of Rebels. He may just be saying that to obfuscate or it could be true.
If Ahsoka goes after a smaller fish quite a bit down the Imperial hierarchy (a magistrate) and who is currently busy with providing resources to post-Empire Imperials (besides the obvious 'protecting the innocent villagers' motivation Ahsoka gains on-planet after she learns they are being held hostage), then it she does it because she is sure that the smaller fish has some clue where Thrawn is. The fact that the magistrate is still obviously harvesting resources for someone heavily implies that it is likely to be Thrawn. Remember that absolutely no one had any idea where Ezra and Thrawn ended up during their space whale adventure, otherwise the Ghost's crew would have gone right after them at some point. Why should some magistrate on some backwater world in the Outer Rim be the one to know if Thrawn and Ezra are still MIA, especially after many years? If even force sensitives like Ahsoka can't figure it out?

Also it's been 8 or so years since the events of the last Rebel episode. If Thrawn made it back it only makes sense he would go right back to being a top dog in whatever remains of the Empire (he has the influence, rank, skills and connections to pick up the pieces and become a top warlord quickly). And considering how slippery Gideon seems to be despite having serious assets and forces under his command, it also makes sense that Thrawn isn't easy to find and needs to be hunted down by going up the hierarchy (or following the credits like in this case). And if Thrawn is back again it follows that Ezra would be as well (unless the writers go out of their way to confirm that only Thrawn made it back for whatever reason, which seems unlikely).

Last edited: