• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The thing is, recasting them would mean they're no longer effectively off limits. Han Solo and even Lando have already been recast, but Disney needs to stick to it. You could never convince anyone that using a stand-in with a de-aged Carrie Fisher face stuck on is ever a good idea, either. Wouldn't it, then, be better to recast Luke and Leia so that they can actually be used as characters again? Folks are saying they think Luke will show up in The Mandalorian, but he never can. Even if Mark Hamill somehow agreed to come back, we've seen from Robert DeNiro and Samuel L. Jackson how stupid it looks when older actors are de-aged to play their younger selves. I'm sure he'd be fine with someone else playing Luke instead, though.
They recasted Han & Lando and the movie flopped. And those were the "young" versions to justify the appearance changes.

Any chance they have is showing those characters in animated or comic form.

Nov 27, 2020
I know. It's so awful. And it's the logical endpoint of what Mandalorian does.

It's the only way it can end.
Nah...the conclusion that's being set up is Grogu embracing both his legacies as the first Mandalorian Jedi since the Old Republic, donning the armor and being the wielder of the Darksaber.

Both Rebels and Clone Wars have shown that despite Filoni loving his references and callbacks, he still possesses some restraint and can tell a damn good story. I have no doubt the same will be true with Mandalorian.

Last edited:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Nah...the conclusion that's being set up is Grogu embracing both his legacy as the first Mandalorian Jedi since the Old Republic, donning the armor and being the wielder of the Darksaber.

Both Rebels and Clone Wars have shown that despite Filoni loving his references and callbacks, he still possesses some restraint and can tell a damn good story. I have no doubt the same will be true with Mandalorian.
Okay, but then ghost yoda needs to appear to him and tell him he's his father.

Nov 27, 2020
Okay, but then ghost yoda needs to appear to him and tell him he's his father.
Oh, I'll give you that. We're absolutely going to get a Force Ghost Yoda/Grogu scene before the end of the series. While I don't think he'll say THE line "No, Grogu. I am your father", I can see it being a light side flip of the opera scene in ROTS, where it's implied that Yoda's his father, but not outright stated. Poetry, rhyming, etc...

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I'll give you that. We're absolutely going to get a Force Ghost Yoda/Grogu scene before the end of the series. While I don't think he'll say THE line "No, Grogu. I am your father", I can see it being a light side flip of the opera scene in ROTS, where it's implied that Yoda's his father, but not outright stated. Poetry, rhyming, etc...
I hope he says "No, Grogu. Your father, I am."

and Grogu's reaction is just "Why do you talk like that?"

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Apart from the story of his last name, Solo was legit one of the best Disney SW movies.
Trying to "fix" parsecs "flub" was also pretty dumb. The point of that scene in ANH was that Han was obviously making stuff up to impress Luke and Ben, but fans are like "um, actually parsecs are a measurement of distance, not time!" Yes, that's the friggin point.

ks3K2Xn.jpg

It's in the friggin script!

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Trying to "fix" parsecs "flub" was also pretty dumb. The point of that scene in ANH was that Han was obviously making stuff up to impress Luke and Ben, but fans are like "um, actually parsecs are a measurement of distance, not time!" Yes, that's the friggin point.

ks3K2Xn.jpg

It's in the friggin script!
Ohh yeah, forgot about that. I actually didn't mind, but I do agree it kind of felt like what Rogue One meant to the "why is there an exhaust"-plot hole from ANH, as in an unnecessarily complicated reason to something nobody really cared about.

Then again, Han has just established to have always been a good guy and I don't know how to feel about that.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
jango fett tried assassinating a senator multiple times and was willingly part of a conspiracy that eventually put an authoritarian genocidal government in power. there was nothing good about him.
That's why I said "his vision of his father as an honorable man." It's clear he idolized his dad, given that he adopted Jango's armor and followed in his footsteps.

We can distinguish between the views and statements of characters & the truth as we know it, can't we?

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Ohh yeah, forgot about that. I actually didn't mind, but I do agree it kind of felt like what Rogue One meant to the "why is there an exhaust"-plot hole from ANH, as in an unnecessarily complicated reason to something nobody really cared about.

Then again, Han has just established to have always been a good guy and I don't know how to feel about that.
It's also similar to "Greedo shot first." The intent in ANH was that Han was very obviously lying about the capabilities of his ship and skills as a pilot, but Solo makes it so he was actually telling the truth.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bill Burr being the key to saving Grogu is sending me. Imagining him ranting about white women for the entire next episode. 😂

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The last ep felt kinda weird to me. Not necessarily in a bad way, it just felt a lot more restrained and focused, I guess? Maybe I'm just too used to all the background characters.

Also for some reason I really feel like the Jedi Grogu contacted is gonna end up being Kyle Katarn just because Mando is bringing back everything.

That image is very accurate

Also RIP Richard Ayoade droid

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
If the show really wants to deliver on it's fan service package, have a time warp event happen and bring in all 3 SW protagonists for an episode. Clone Wars Anakin, Luke, AND Post-TROS Rey.

pfft, ya gotta come harder than this.

We already saw this with the Lego Star Wars special and it was great. Well Anakin didn't do much but Vader did.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
So, which Jedi is going to show up in a new republic cruiser in the last episode to save the teams bacon?

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
A light, entertaining read.
www.google.ca

Boba Fett Was Better as the 'Star Wars' Franchise's Most Tragic Doofus

The Mandalorian confirmed Boba Fett is alive, he's got his armor, and he's a badass. This is why we'll miss his doofus death in Return of the Jedi.

"Despite going out like one of the Marx brothers with a bucket stuck on his head, Boba Fett remained an icon, and I always found that weirdly endearing. It's a testament to the imperfect nature of those three original films; George Lucas' work, carried on by directors Irvin Kershner and Richard Marquand, isn't some flawless, sacred text. It's playful. It's goofy as hell. It's a beautiful, raw tribute to pure imagination where sometimes the guy in the wicked cool armor just turns out to be a big, tragic doofus."

Oct 27, 2017
Why does Mando want to recruit Migs from that earlier episode to go after Gideon? He was betrayed by him, so this seems so random.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Why does Mando want to recruit Migs from that earlier episode to go after Gideon? He was betrayed by him, so this seems so random.
Its likely Boba Fett is the one organizing this. Also knowing Boba Fett from Clone Wars it isnt really like him to be all honorable and stuff. I'm expecting a betrayal in the next two episodes.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
The fanservice hooks are so strong that I'm fully expecting them to cast Luke Skywalker in S3 and lead into some kinda spinoff movies/show with Ahsoka in tow at this point vs Thrawn.

BarryBJeans

Jul 22, 2019
Alright, who is Mando going to assemble for this Grogo Heist?

Obviously Boba and Fennick are there, but besides that. I'm thinking: Cara, Greef Karga, and Bo Katan. I doubt Asoka is showing up again, but who knows. I also hope Cobb joins up too, but doubt it. I have a feeling that Bo Katan and Boba are going to team up and lead to a bigger Mandalore arc next season.

And sense I'm hypothesizing:

End of this season will be Grogu picking Dinn, not going the Jedi path. Dinn starts his own clan and actually have more than him and Grogu on the new ship. Season 3 will have Dinn question, possibly leave the cult. I'm getting a John Wick vibe trying to leave. Season 4 will be Mandalore vs. The Empire.