• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
The way this episode was shot, specifically the Stormtrooper ambush looked like something straight out of a direct to DVD Steven Seagal movie, a Power Rangers show, or an episode of Arrow.

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017
I wish one day to have live action Star Wars media where stormtroopers are not complete fucking idiots, lol. Man, they were more inept than usual.

Anyways, fun episode. Boba kicking ass, bad dialogue, fan service, little baby handcuffs at the ready. I love it, hehehe.

Can't wait to see which Jedi answers the call.
laughable how they retreated into the 2 space ships and flew away.
ehm your spaceships have 2 huge canons on each side. why dont you shoot at boba and the gang?

why did they even park their space ship next to mandos? with the door opening to the front into the direction of the ennemy?

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
The way this episode was shot, specifically the Stormtrooper ambush looked like something straight out of a direct to DVD Steven Seagal movie, a Power Rangers show, or an episode of Arrow.
They got both types of Stormtroopers in this episode. The swarms of idiots who couldn't hit someone 8 feet away and the ones that run at a person who doesn't have a gun only to get clobbered.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Yeah, to me this episode felt very much like a fan film. The location they shot in certainly didn't help.

Which is weird because last week's episode felt like a well-directed Star Wars mobile, despite one or two weird directing choices.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
I do feel a bit sorry for the Squad Leader. He knew that his guys are idiots and are given an impossible mission to get brutally murdered, just to form a distraction so that some droids can swoop in and take the prize.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I want Mace Windu to return and train Grogu. He fell from that building and landed in Bruce Willis' taxi from the 5th Element.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I won't deny that Luke appearing would be the 2nd coming of Jesus. And since this show is good ol fun, let him be a fucking Syper Sayian ninja machine.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Did Boba Fett eat the whole time he was on Tatooine?

My girlfriend was like, 'It looks like if my dad cosplayed' but loved every second of it.
The most egregious thing was the trooper on the turrent being terrible at aiming but somehow managing to track the person's running feet by inches the entire way. Sure some of this is dumb, but I've never been the biggest Star Wars guy compared to my girlfriend and it seems like a lot of fun so it's fine by me. I can at least see a bunch of spin off concepts being built off of this one successful show though. If you don't take it deadly serious, it's fine.

Tiny handcuffs are adorable though. I'm confused how it would actually stop him from using the force though.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
My girlfriend was like, 'It looks like if my dad cosplayed' but loved every second of it.
The most egregious thing was the trooper on the turrent being terrible at aiming but somehow managing to track the person's running feet by inches the entire way. Sure some of this is dumb, but I've never been the biggest Star Wars guy compared to my girlfriend and it seems like a lot of fun so it's fine by me. I can at least see a bunch of spin off concepts being built off of this one successful show though. If you don't take it deadly serious, it's fine.

Tiny handcuffs are adorable though. I'm confused how it would actually stop him from using the force though.

i think they're force restraining handcuffs

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
I don't get why Boba looks so old. If he was about 10 in AOTC and the Clone Wars were around 3 years long and Luke was around 20 when New Hope started and Mandalorian is 5 years after Jedi wouldn't he be more like 40 rather than 60?

I get that he's a clone who has to be played by Temuera Morrison but they could have made some effort to de age?

Edit: Nevermind sounds like this has been discussed to death already.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Peyton Reed did the best job with direction this season. They need to give him some more episodes to shoot. This episode gave me vimeo fan film vibes, which is strange because this show consistently looks and feels very high budget.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I don't get why Boba looks so old. If he was about 10 in AOTC and the Clone Wars were around 3 years long and Luke was around 20 when New Hope started and Mandalorian is 5 years after Jedi wouldn't he be more like 40 rather than 60?

I get that he's a clone who has to be played by Temuera Morrison but they could have made some effort to de age?

Edit: Nevermind sounds like this has been discussed to death already.
This could be brushed over with a 'clones age faster' comment in a future episode or the fact that being in the Sarlacc really fucked up his complexion and he is actually younger than he looks.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
LOL apparently the Haslab Razor Crest is losing lots of backers now.
PULSE_SW_RAZORCREST-DECO-UPDATE_SQ_05_2000x.jpg

is it just me, or is that cockpit feel like it's way too small compared to the one we see in the tv show? in season 2 ep 2, you get the impression they have more space for Mando and Frog Lady have their last stand shoot out with the alien spiders.

Peyton Reed did the best job with direction this season. They need to give him some more episodes to shoot. This episode gave me vimeo fan film vibes, which is strange because this show consistently looks and feels very high budget.
yeah, in term of direction, I like Peyton Reed episode the best, even if it seems like the most "filler/side quest" from other episodes. but I love everything about that episode, the spaceship chase, the spiders, the humor with the egg. it's great

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
There is so much to unpack after this episode I don't even know where to begin...

Like, 30 some years of fan fiction and side stories all culminating in this moment, and they somehow pulled it off?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
For those of you wondering why Gideon, who's posted an incredibly large bounty, kidnapped the child from a jedi temple so he could experiment on him by drawing blood, sent Mando to retrieve him after he was stolen, and has been chasing after the two of them since episode 2 of the first series, might have handcuffs specially designed to restrain a powerful force wielder and sized perfectly for that force wielder, then I don't know what to tell you.

Oct 25, 2017
PULSE_SW_RAZORCREST-DECO-UPDATE_SQ_05_2000x.jpg

is it just me, or is that cockpit feel like it's way too small compared to the one we see in the tv show? in season 2 ep 2, you get the impression they have more space for Mando and Frog Lady have their last stand shoot out with the alien spiders.

It and the barge aren't true 1to1scale they just went as large as they could get it.
Theres other pics with him on the ramps and in the cargo area that really show how underscaled it actually is.

Last edited:

DarthButcher

Oct 30, 2017
People not happy with the way this episode was filmed: Do you know this episode was directed by Robert Rodriguez? It looks just like something Robert Rodriguez would direct. Personally, I enjoy that aesthetic but I can understand the criticism.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
Season 2 started shooting before Season 1 was even released, so they most likely finished shooting everything before march.

That's why it's funny seeing comments like 'they have to kill Cara Dune in the next episode' or 'they should listen to the internet forums analysts and rewrite the story to please them'...

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
"- Give me back my armour or I kill this child!"
"- You know what, forget the armour, let's massacre a hundred stormtroopers for fun"
"- I'll get the armour myself"
"- Ok, now I owe you forever because I took back myself what belongs to me since the show need us to team up and that's the best our writers could do."

The same writers who brought you the forgotten jetpack as a plot device.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
fun episode. The only annoying moment was when mando tried THREE times to get through that force wall saying the same lines. Like you didn't realize the first time?!

Mando is a pretty dumb character in general. And after that he just leaves Grogu unguarded as if that wasn't his only purpose in life right now.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How am I supposed to reconcile this godlike reincarnation of Boba Fett with this jobber? Did the Sarlaac's innards teach him martial arts? Dude just blew off a Stormtrooper's head without even looking and he couldn't fucking dodge a blind man's stick.

IdenticalChillyGoldfish-size_restricted.gif
It is George Lucas' commentary on the brutality and randomness of the battlefield. You can be a badass like Boba Fett but still random bad luck on the battlefield takes you out.

Quite deep philosophy when you think about it. King filmmaking.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah in that case, wonder what the final reason was for shooting in LA with such a simple set design then
Rodriquez was a last minute replacement.... and him not using the volume and be the first one to shoot on location for this show sounds very much like it was his decision.

Dude is known for filming fast and loose on a shoestring budget and probably the perfect choice if they were having BTS issues.

Last edited:

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
"- You know what, forget the armour, let's massacre a hundred stormtroopers for fun"
"- Ok, now I owe you forever because I took back myself what belongs to me since the show need us to team up and that's the best our writers could do."

To be fair, they were in the middle of negotiating a deal when the Stormtroopers showed up

But yeah this threw me a little

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Next episode should be the Famuyiwa episode.

you could clearly tell this was the Rodriguez episode lol. All that spy kids style action and cuts

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017

This was the worst part of the plot for me. It felt like there's an extended scene on the cutting room floor where Mando actually makes a deal with Boba.
It would actually make sense and be a pivotal moment for Mando to forsake the puritanical "Beskar is only for true Mandos" creed in exchange for the child's life.
But no, Boba kinda forgot that he never did any deal with Mando.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
What i wanna know is why a tusken raider showed up on the New Republic's list of incarcerated criminals. What authority do they have to arrest a tusken raider in his tribal lands? Or did a raider actually leave Tatooine and become a bank robber or something?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Are y'all forgetting that Boba himself literally stated that there was no need for violence and that they were negotiating?

What i wanna know is why a tusken raider showed up on the New Republic's list of incarcerated criminals. What authority do they have to arrest a tusken raider in his tribal lands? Or did a raider actually leave Tatooine and become a bank robber or something?
Someone on that list was a member of Maul's species so it most likely is comprised of people who had active careers away from their culture.