• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Come to think of it, how would Luke work narratively? Presumably they want Grogu to be part of the show, and we know Luke's Jedi Order does not end well. Unless Luke is just the cavalry to save Mando's squad, it's not like he can stick around, in which case he's no more a teacher than Ashoka.

Somehow the show needs to either get Mando to find a way of teaching Grogu without a Jedi, lose Grogu without losing the audience, or add a Jedi as a main character. Luke doesn't really fit any of those.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
keep the joker out of my star wars
tenor.gif

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Beeping noise from Boba's rangefinder when he fires a rocket at the transports. Sounds like his appearance from ANH.

When Cobb used it earlier this season, it sounded like a targeting computer from a fighter.

Also. When Din asked whether or not Boba was a Jedi. It's a deep reference to Episode III. There's a deleted scene where Clone Troopers were dressed as Jedi. Obi-Wan remarks that clones make terrible Jedi.

Oh yeah I remember the Lego Star Wars games had these guys as enemies in the Jedi temple stage.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
I felt that the decision took out my sense of accomplishment, that's why it didn't work for me.

I'm not sure how that final decision was in any way a surprise or negative.
Cal already had that vision at the temple that showed what would happen if he decided to restart the order during the Empire's reign. It wouldn't be pretty. The sense of accomplishment comes from keeping the holocron out of the Empire's hands for good, and hell, just surviving an encounter with Vader.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I wish one day to have live action Star Wars media where stormtroopers are not complete fucking idiots, lol. Man, they were more inept than usual.

Anyways, fun episode. Boba kicking ass, bad dialogue, fan service, little baby handcuffs at the ready. I love it, hehehe.

Can't wait to see which Jedi answers the call.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fallen Order was a solid game. I mean perhaps a little credit was given to EA for doing ANYTHING with the license that wasn't blatantly explorative or questionable, but hey. I had fun.
How dare you share positive impressions in this thread.
(game was great, I want the sequel right now)

I see your point, but it's not like the empire was converting every single force sensitive person.
The second sister had a very specific reason on why she turned out that way
Personally I didn't enjoy the ending, but I'm up for a sequel since the gameplay was mostly fine.
The Holocron was nothing more than a McGuffin to make the story progress and give a goal to the characters. What the ending really shows is how these characters have evolved over the course of the game. How they've learned to believe in themselves again and trust each other. It was a good ending.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
When 59 years old you reach, look as good as Temeura Morrison, you will not
Even my brother was like...." no fucking way" and he's not even watching the show 😂

This episode was hype and ill take all the damn service!

Im curious to who answers the call though. Gogru communed a long time with the force
Luke: New temple, who dis?

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
I believe in my heart the jedi will be Yaddle.

I mean probably not but it might make everyrones head explode.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
They're going to have to do some pretty big logical somersaults for the Jedi to be anybody but Luke.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Shower thoughts: Is employment in the Outer Rim called a Rim Job?
I'm gonna go ahead and say this is 99% of the reason why they never shorten the scripts from "taking a job on the Outer Rim" to "taking an Outer Rim job"

Because I feel like that phrase has been said a lot in SW
They're going to have to do some pretty big logical somersaults for the Jedi to be anybody but Luke.
Not really. It's space magic.

Tygerjaw

Oct 25, 2017
How dare you share positive impressions in this thread.
(game was great, I want the sequel right now)

The Holocron was nothing more than a McGuffin to make the story progress and give a goal to the characters. What the ending really shows is how these characters have evolved over the course of the game. How they've learned to believe in themselves again and trust each other. It was a good ending.
I'm not sure how that final decision was in any way a surprise or negative.
Cal already had that vision at the temple that showed what would happen if he decided to restart the order during the Empire's reign. It wouldn't be pretty. The sense of accomplishment comes from keeping the holocron out of the Empire's hands for good, and hell, just surviving an encounter with Vader.

You both raised good points, thank you. While I'm not sure I can say I like ending now, I feel like I understand it better now.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
You both raised good points, thank you. While I'm not sure I can say I like ending now, I feel like I understand it better now.
The story was basically "How to deal with Order 66 PTSD: The Game", which is interesting as we've not really seen that before (though I imagine it'll be a big part of the Obi Wan series)

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
My money's still on Moff Gideon attempting to inject himself with the Force and ending up some catatonic Cronenberg-esque psychic abomination.

And Ahsoka/Luke/Ezra/whoever will be like "The Force is not a science blah blah blah"