• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
670158e6cc368a37e7d84f3ec24c1893.gif

Shaoran Hyku

Aug 6, 2020
The way that mando left the jetpack in the ground and forgets about it, come on, he could save the child with it but they needed some dumb reason to take it away from him.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If we getting Bill Burr back then Mando's gotta go get Cobb Vanth to establish the Magnificent Seven Star Wars Edition to save Grogu.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone feel like this episode's action set pieces and the way it was filmed felt a lot like the Star Wars fan films?
I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, but it just something I felt and noticed as the action went on.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Cool action episode, but the fan service just does nothing to me. It's more annoying than anything else as it just underlines how empty the show is on itself.

It needs to engage on callbacks and cool shit you'd love to see, in stead of actual story and compelling characters.

Since when was Boba Fett that OP?
Since fans need to be wanked

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Look I was anti-Boba back when the leaks hit but fuck they got me hooked with it.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Cool action episode, but the fan service just does nothing to me. It's more annoying than anything else as it just underlines how empty the show is on itself.

It needs to engage on callbacks and cool shit you'd love to see, in stead of actual story and compelling characters.

I mostly agree, but I have to admit this episode hit me the way last week's episode hit a lot of the people here who really love Clone Wars and Rebels. If it was a movie, I'd ding it more for spending so much time on the fanservice, but since it's a serialized action show with relatively simple characters who are sketched out fairly well so far, I don't mind it as much.

Maybe I'm just letting my soft spot for Boba Fett get to me the way the Child gets to Mando haha.

Last edited:

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Dude survived being eaten by a sarlacc, and even worse the utter humiliation that led him to that fate. Show the man some respect--he's earned it.
Dude just should've been left dead if 'doing some cool shit and getting some slomo hero shots' was all they want to do with him. (They might still turn him into a more interesting character going forward, but I won't put my money on it with this series track record)

Oct 26, 2017
This one was painful to watch, the fan service is getting nauseating. The fight choreography was terrible. Mando finding Boba's armor was enough, this is overkill.

ThatThomas

Sep 3, 2018
I liked it a bunch, but I really don't want a cool and badass Boba. I still enjoy the continuity of having Temuera playing him though.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Since fans need to be wanked
Sometimes fanservice is good actually.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Okay so who's going to be that guy this week that decides to spoil the rest of Era by making a thread on what happened this week?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone feel like this episode's action set pieces and the way it was filmed felt a lot like the Star Wars fan films?
I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, but it just something I felt and noticed as the action went on.
Absolutely. Very handheld, kinetic style. Distinctly Robert Rodriguez. He brought "mariachi style" to Star Wars!

Oct 25, 2017
Bobba's club manes, goddamn brutal.

Seeing the Razorcrest get nuked was heartbreaking. Such a cool design of a ship, my favorite of the Disney era.

Also caught the Imp dropships were scaled down versions of the one from Rogue One, the one that dropped the death troopers.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am glad I'm someone that can find joy in both 'prestige TV' and fun, pulp stuff like this. They're going for different things, succeeding in their goals.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I mostly agree, but I have to admit this episode hit me the way last week's episode hit a lot of the people here who really love Clone Wars and Rebels. If it was a movie, I'd ding it more for spending so much time on the fanservice, but since it's a show with relatively simple characters who are sketched out fairly well so far, I don't mind it as much.

Maybe I'm just letting my soft spot for Boba Fett get to me, the way the Child gets to Mando, haha.
I understand that people are happy and I don't have an issue with fan service per definition. It's when it takes the center stage and becomes the point I take issue with. If this show would actually attach me to its main charactars or tell beter weekly stories, I would welcome stuff like this way more as a nod and wink.

But now it feels like it becomes the point. It's the main thing that makes you feel something. Call me old fashioned, but I want the story and characters themselves make me feel something. It's kind of exactly what JJ rightfully got shit for in TFA and TROS.

Above all, in a way it breaks the fourth wall, because as a viewer you feel your being directly adressed. I had flashbacks to that terrible 'girl power' shot from Endgame that was directly aimed at the audience, but did nothing to serve the action or story, let alone it really adressed the criticism it was an answer too.

Sometimes fanservice is good actually.

Sometimes yes (see above). Not when it becomes the only thing that drives engagement, because the actual story and characters are so utterly lacking.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I understand that people are happy and I don't have an issue with fan service per definition. It's when it takes the center stage and becomes the point I take issue with. If this show would actually attach me to its main charactars or tell beter weekly stories, I would welcome stuff like this way more as a nod and wink.

But now it feels like it becomes the point. It's the main thing that makes you feel something. Call me old fashioned, but I want the story and characters themselves make me feel something. It's kind of exactly what JJ rightfully got shit for in TFA and TROS.

Above all, in a way it breaks the fourth wall, because as a viewer you feel your being directly adressed. I had flashbacks to that terrible 'girl power' shot from Endgame that was directly aimed at the audience, but did nothing to serve the action or story, let alone it really adressed the criticism it was an answer too.

Sometimes yes (see above). Not when it becomes the only thing that drives engagement, because the actual story and characters are so utterly lacking.

It's funny, because I'm not watching this show because slave-1 and Boba Fett are in it. I didn't even know they'd be in this episode. I'm watching it cause I enjoy Mando and the Child, and their adventures in the SW universe.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Did people think Boba wasn't going to show up at some point when they introduced his armor at the start of the season and that even if he did, it wouldn't be fanservicey? I loved it!

Bigger question: WHO THE FUCK CALLED TO GROGU AND TOLD HIM TO FORCE CHOKE STORMTROOPERS?

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020

Totally fair, and the show does feel a bit like Favreau just playing with Star Wars toys sometimes, but I came to the show expecting something simple and fun and that's what I've gotten so far. It does feel like it's in danger of becoming "remember this thing" but I don't think it's quite drowned out the characterization of the Mando and the Child yet. I really like those characters, and I feel like it's been doing a decent job of advancing their stories while shoe-horning in all this fanservice.

This is why I don't agree when people get on the show for having "filler" episodes. Those episodes are generally the ones that focus upon the Mando and the Child having solo adventures and often provide fun character beats that help to flesh out the two of them. I definitely agree that they should remain the focus of the show and that if the show abandons the emotional core of their bond in favor of expanding upon the universe, it would lose a lot of its appeal. I'm just not quite there yet.

Last edited:

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny, because I'm not watching this show because slave-1 and Boba Fett are in it. I didn't even know they'd be in this episode. I'm watching it cause I enjoy Mando and the Child, and their adventures in the SW universe.
Good for you. Glad you enjoy it.

For me, even as a huge Star Wars fan, it doesn't work. Star Wars to me has always been about something, with the cool action and universe on top. Mando feels utterly empty. It has the looks right and it understands that Star Wars was inspired by classic westerns, samurai films and sci fi serials, but it comletely lacks the heart imo.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
why wouldnt mando jetpack up the hill instead of running there. maybe wouldve beaten the dark troopers there.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Totally fair, and the show does feel a bit like Favreau just playing with Star Wars toys sometimes, but I came to the show expecting something simple and fun and that's what I've gotten so far. It does feel like it's in danger of becoming "remember this thing" but I don't think it's quite drowned out the characterization of the Mando and the Child yet. I really like those characters, and I feel like it's been doing a decent job of advancing their stories while shoe-horning in all this fanservice.

This is why I don't agree when people get on the show for having "filler" episodes. Those episodes are generally the ones that focus upon the Mando and the Child having solo adventures and often provide fun character beats that help to flesh the two of them.
Favreau playing with his SW toys is exacyly how you can describe it, lol.

I don't agree that it does a good job characterising and developing the Child and Mando though. It's very flat, even for the format they choose (which I don't mind at all. I wouldn't mind if it didn't even have an overarching storyline, but was just simple adventures of the week, if it at least had good characters)

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sure hope Din isn't being an idiot and forgets to tell Ahsoka that the Empire has Grogu. She said she can't train the kid but she wouldn't let the Empire have him and she's handily the most powerful warrior in the galaxy at this point. Probably going to need her for all those Dark Troopers. 🤔