• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Also, Lost Stars, Rebels, and Leia get a manga adaption.

starwars.fandom.com

Lost Stars (webcomic)

Lost Stars (in Japanese: ロスト・スターズ) is a Japanese webcomic by Line Corporation. An adaptation of Claudia Gray's young adult novel Lost Stars, it is illustrated by Yusaku Komiyama. The first part of the comic was uploaded on LINE's official blog on May 4, 2017. The issues were uploaded every two...

starwars.fandom.com

Star Wars Rebels (webcomic)

Star Wars Rebels is a Japanese webcomic by Line Corporation. An adaptation of the animated TV Show Star Wars Rebels, it is illustrated by Akira Aoki. The first part of the comic was uploaded on LINE's official blog on December 6, 2019. On April 30, 2021, it was announced that Aoki would be...

starwars.fandom.com

Leia Organa: Ordeal of the Princess

Leia Organa: Ordeal of the Princess is a Japanese webcomic by Line Corporation. An adaptation of Claudia Gray's young adult novel Leia, Princess of Alderaan, it is illustrated by Haruichi. The first part of the comic was uploaded on LINE's official blog on May 4, 2019. The manga was on hiatus...

Cool. I knew about the Lost Stars adaptation. I started the audio book ages ago but never finished it. I'll have to pick up the book as well. I remember it being a solid YA romance novel with Star Wars décor.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I rewatched The Jedi and it's even more amazing how perfect Dawson was as Ahsoka a second time around. I even noticed that when she was disarmed of her first saber she went back into the fighting style she had as a kid from the cartoon. And the look she gave that frightened guard could have been a frame from the cartoon as well.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I enjoy the movies a lot but I feel like Star Wars is really shining in tv format with Mandalorian. Longer episodes and the slower pacing allows for a lot more story development and atmosphere.

Last edited:

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Does Ashoka ever rejoin the order? I'm curious why she never mentions she is not a Jedi, which would have more easily explained why he must go somewhere else
In the intervening years she's probably come to realise that nobody actually cares. To most of the galaxy anyone with a lightsaber and force powers is a Jedi.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
This Mon Cala underwater arc to start season 4 of TCW is...okay. On episode 3, but finding myself not caring too much.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Yooooooo so I guess that's how Mandalorians could go toe to toe with Jedi. I was always curious. Like yeah you get all kinds of cool tech and combat skills, but like the Force and lightsabers are still excruciatingly potent.

But hey beskar is looking mean as hell.
This Mon Cala underwater arc to start season 4 of TCW is...okay. On episode 3, but finding myself not caring too much.
It's too long, but I liked it if only because it actually makes the series feel like a war. Like "oh what would a battle completely fought underwater be like?" And bring in everything.

Plus it's really damn brutal. Like, meat chunks.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I wonder if some dev at EA is pitching a videogame adaptation for Mandalorian, or an original story starring another mandalorian/bounty hunter

Apparently one of the projects that EA Montreal had in development was an open-world game about scoundrel or bounty hunter type of character. This project was cancelled though. I believe it was called Project Orca or something like this.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I wonder... if they make Luke appear... would the internet implode? And all the haters of how he was handled in TLJ might get a redemption?

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017
I actually was incredibly unimpressed with that "duel". Ahsoka could go toe to toe with Darth Maul in the seventh season of clone wars cartoon. Therefore, this shouldn't have been a fight at all since Ahsoka should easily win. So then one can make the argument Ahsoka went easy on her because she wants her alive... well then this wasn't an epic duel then. The whole fight just does not fit with what we know Ahsoka is capable of.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno, read a few pages back that this episode had someone feel like out of the Avatar series ... and yeah i have to agree. Especially the Magistrate felt like that. ^^
I don't mind though, it's okay to take some feeling inspiration from a great series.

I actually was incredibly unimpressed with that "duel". Ahsoka could go toe to toe with Darth Maul in the seventh season of clone wars cartoon. Therefore, this shouldn't have been a fight at all since Ahsoka should easily win. So then one can make the argument Ahsoka went easy on her because she wants her alive... well then this wasn't an epic duel then. The whole fight just does not fit with what we know Ahsoka is capable of.

It's easier being a bouncing sword ball when you're animated vs a real-life actress wearing some easy-to-fall off headpiece, i'd say. ^^

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
It's easier being a bouncing sword ball when you're animated vs a real-life actress wearing some easy-to-fall off headpiece, i'd say. ^^
Also, if a spear user fights correctly, someone with shorter swords should be toast shortly and thus make for a poor spectacle. Fight choreography with different weapons is hard.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder... if they make Luke appear... would the internet implode? And all the haters of how he was handled in TLJ might get a redemption?

I wonder how far Disney's de-aging tech has come since 2018:

douglas0ojee.gif

I'm certain they'd love to use Mark Hamill if they could. Probably Harrison too if he was down.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
I don't give a shit, all I've wanted since ROTJ is more badass Luke. If CGI gets us there, the Mandalorian showrunners are probably the best people to give it to us.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Ahsoka was obviously indulging the magistrate and doing the honorable samurai thing. The fight was over the moment she switches stances. Filoni likes to include those kinds of details in his lightsaber duels (see twin suns fight).

I thought it fit because the whole chapter was basically a tribute to samurai/eastern movies.

Last edited:

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

Yes, Ahsoka could have easily killed the magistrate but she would have been an idiot to do so.

The challenge was to not hurt but disarm a person who is actively trying to kill her with a weapon that is designed to counter Jedi.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
A bit off topic, but I saw that this got a lot of discussion here in the past so I think it's important to share.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Rosario%252520Dawson%252520Ahsoka%252520Tano%252520lightsabers.jpg
The episode is called 'The Jedi,' but Ahsoka's whole identity is based around leaving the order.

Dave Filoni: Yeah, I think something fans like about the character is that she's rather complex. They all focus very hard on the line, 'I am no Jedi,' from Star Wars: Rebels, but it's undeniable that she's trained by the Jedi. I think to most observers she is very Jedi to them. I would argue in some ways—by being so selfless and rejecting a lot of paths that would have given her power—she's more Jedi-like than even some characters who claim to be Jedi.

www.vanityfair.com

‘The Mandalorian’: Rosario Dawson Tells All About Ahsoka Tano

The actress and writer-director Dave Filoni discuss bringing the animated hero to live-action, Baby Yoda’s name, and real-life controversies and influences.

Interview with Filoni and Rosario.

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
He might do some saber fighting and jump around toying with someone?

How is that a spit in the face of TLJ? TLJ says he was broken by a failure that hasn't happened yet in the show. TLJ also showed he was super powerful in the Force still, even if he didn't think it was helpful to use it.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Her eyes make me feel uncomfortable. They look fine on that poster though which is even weirder. I think she's using contacts for that effect? Don't like it.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
How is that a spit in the face of TLJ? TLJ says he was broken by a failure that hasn't happened yet in the show. TLJ also showed he was super powerful in the Force still, even if he didn't think it was helpful to use it.

I fully agree with you, but a main complaint from people that didn't like TLJ was that they didn't make Luke super saiyan mega duper omega level strong (which I actually believe they did since he fucking force projected himself across the galaxy) where he did quadrupel spins and weilded more lightsabers then Grevious.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I liked Ahsoka but the antagonists were total throwaways, and super boring. Michael Biehn played his character with the same disinterest you'd get out of modern Bruce Willis. Would have been an absolute home run if they had some kind of characterization besides "torturing a small town for reasons".

It also seemed like she's a one-and-done until a different spin-off series - it was jarring when she just went "nah" at the end and passed the buck to some other Jedi.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The cinematography and music in that episode were incredible. While I still find the overall plot of the mandalorian meh, the love of star wars exuding through the show is incredible.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
That new interview with Filoni and Rosario is really good. They seem to touch on pretty much everything you could want them too, though it does seem like Ashoka's original VO wasn't really involved in the process at all.

I fully agree with you, but a main complaint from people that didn't like TLJ was that they didn't make Luke super saiyan mega duper omega level strong (which I actually believe they did since he fucking force projected himself across the galaxy) where he did quadrupel spins and weilded more lightsabers then Grevious.

Yeah what they wanted is baffling. And he does the COOLEST Jedi thing in the entirety of Star Wars in the climax anyways.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
That new interview with Filoni and Rosario is really good. They seem to touch on pretty much everything you could want them too, though it does seem
Ashoka's original VO wasn't really involved in the process at all.

Yeah what they wanted is baffling. And he does the COOLEST Jedi thing in the entirety of Star Wars in the climax anyways.

Link to the interview??

GMT Master

Oct 3, 2019
I'm sure this has been said before, but this show should be called Star Wars : Side Mission.

They started season 2 with a side mission. Seems like the majority of episode are filler/side missions.

Every damn episode. Go to some place. Random person says they will help IF he helps them with some random task. He helps them and they direct him to the next random person. At least the last episode moved the story forward somewhat.

Show looks great. Grogu is genius in terms of merchandising. Mando is cool enough but overall this isn't a great show.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I do kinda wonder if we'll see any significant change in direction for season 3, since it's the first season to be written after the public has reacted to earlier seasons.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I do kinda wonder if we'll see any significant change in direction for season 3, since it's the first season to be written after the public has reacted to earlier seasons.
Almost everyone seems to love or at least enjoy the show, so I would not expect drastic changes for now.
I just hope that Mando gets a regular companion who isn't a baby.