• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Spoil tagging some TCW stuff :

he single handedly could've dropped grevious had the boy not called in his guards.

there is a reason windu took him to get sidious. In the book he lasted just as long as mace and only got distracted when he felt Anakin show up. He was openly considered one of the best fighters.

Yoda was apparently his master

Windu also sang his praise for his warrior skills

starwars.fandom.com

Kit Fisto

Those who have power should restrain themselves from using it.Kit Fisto Kit Fisto was a Force-sensitive Nautolan male Jedi Master during the final years of the Galactic Republic. Fisto was known as an expert swordsman, possessing some of the finest dueling skills in the Jedi Order. A celebrated...

Don't sleep on kit.

Dude's right though, he's B tier if we consider Yoda and Palps S tier, and Obi-Wan and Dooku A tier.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
That lightsaber vs metal spear fight was weird. Just move up or down the spear with your lightsaber when you push against it and you can cut the fingers off. Nothing bad will happen because only the spear tip is sharp.

It feels like her priority was to get information on Thawn, not to kill the magistrate, so it makes sense for Ashoka to not go for the kill or to use Jedi powers.

Still, there is some room for improvement when it comes to choreography. I mean, it doesn't really touch the Michelle Yeoh/ Zhang Ziyi fight in Crouching Tiger.

The spear in that fight is different, lighter and more flexible, whereas here it's used more like a staff. The beaker spear should have quite an advantage in reach and weight if the lightsaber can't cut through any part of it easily.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Dude's right though, he's B tier if we consider Yoda and Palps S tier, and Obi-Wan and Dooku A tier.

I would rank him no lower than tied with Obi, honestly. He lasted far longer than Obi would have against sidious, especially in the novel.

Heres a good video regarding him

Last edited:

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
I would rank him no lower than tied with Obi, honestly. He lasted far longer than Obi would have against sidious, especially in the novel.

Heres a good video regarding him

Hm, fair enough. I suppose Kit doesn't have too many canon feats to back those statement up though imo (he IS a background character after all), whereas Obi-Wan has shown time and time again how good of a fighter he is.
These things are fun though.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I really don't think Filoni has quite grasped live action directing just yet since some of the dialogue was bad in my opinion and it all felt a tad flat, but it was a fun episode regardless and I look forward to seeing where it all goes next.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I really don't think Filoni has quite grasped live action directing just yet since some of the dialogue was bad in my opinion and it all felt a tad flat, but it was a fun episode regardless and I look forward to seeing where it all goes next.

Honestly I'm amazed how good this episode is, considering he had the worst episode last season and the best this season. He showed MASSIVE improvement and it makes me really happy for him.

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like her priority was to get information on Thawn, not to kill the magistrate, so it makes sense for Ashoka to not go for the kill or to use Jedi powers.

Still, there is some room for improvement when it comes to choreography. I mean, it doesn't really touch the Michelle Yeoh/ Zhang Ziyi fight in Crouching Tiger.

The spear in that fight is different, lighter and more flexible, whereas here it's used more like a staff. The beaker spear should have quite an advantage in reach and weight if the lightsaber can't cut through any part of it easily.

None of these shows are gonna have yuen woo-ping quality choreography. That man has decades of experience behind him, and in film is given weeks to shoot a single fight. Most of the great HK action movies we love had most of their production time devoted to the action scenes. Drunken Master II's finale took what, four months to shoot? There are no shortcuts.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the love of god if your planning to watch clone wars just watch all of it and don't follow that dumb guide.

I swear people don't actually know or understand what filler actually is

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean you can easily skip all the Jar Jar episode and not miss out on a single thing.

I'd disagree.Supply Lines is a Jar Jar episode that leads directly into the Ryloth arc, which shows the toll war takes on the populace and has implications for rebels.

that guide also has the Maul Return arc as an honorable mention despite the fact that it setsup a chain of events directly intersects into the Mandalore stuff and even without following up on rebels leads into the Seige of mandalore and kinda sets up the events we see in Mando.

The Oderan arc is also just an honorable mention despite that fact that it has clear through line into Rebels and Rouge One.

The list only seems interested in major light saber battles and ironically ignores what makes clone wars special. Most of the interesting episodes of galactic politics, bounty hunters, and characters like boba are just ignored.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
There are a lot of episodes in TCW that aren't significant to the plot but do give you face time with Ahsoka, the clones, certain recurring Jedi, or other minor characters that end up making their later plot-important episodes more impactful.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Dialogue was pretty bad in this episode. I appreciate how this show doesnt waste time with flowery language, but come on. Michael Biehn's character was especially egregious. Even he wasn't sure how to deliver his lines.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of episodes in TCW that aren't significant to the plot but do give you face time with Ahsoka, the clones, certain recurring Jedi, or other minor characters that end up making their later plot-important episodes more impactful.

significant to the plot is weird in this case, because you have episodes that don't mean much for clone wars as a whole but get followed up on elsewhere.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Ahsoka never crossed paths with Boba Fett, did she? Even if not, she would instantly recognize him as a clone. That would be interesting.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
The Jar Jar episodes were surprisingly pretty great. The Padme episodes were cringe af though ngl. At least in the early seasons.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I thought Ashoka looked terrific. Very successful first live action appearence. I was getting goosebumps and I've only dabbled in TCW.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Does anyone know who was the artist behind those cool looking old school mandalorian posters? Thread is moving fast haha.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Thats been most of season 2 tho. It is a little frustrating when you think about it that there hasn't been any really higher stakes involved. Just planet to planet scavenger hunts.
I love the random planet a week stuff. Reminds me of what I liked best about Star Trek.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Jar Jar episodes were surprisingly pretty great. The Padme episodes were cringe af though ngl. At least in the early seasons.

I actually quite liked that one time Padme's ex-boyfriend tried to kiss her (after threatening to expose her relationship with Anakin so he'd be banished from the Jedi Order) and when Anakin found out he almost beat him to death.

Oct 27, 2017
I love the random planet a week stuff. Reminds me of what I liked best about Star Trek.

"I can't believe Picard and isn't planning revenge against the Borg, and spent this week investigating the purple planet instead. The Federation knows the Borg are out there yet the episodes are about random stuff not tied to the plot. The entire season has been filler."

That's what I hear when people complain about Mando and its structure. Not all shows need to be True Detective!

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I'm cool with the show's structure. It's still not giving me plot and character progress blue balls like Lucifer has for almost its entire run.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That lightsaber vs metal spear fight was weird. Just move up or down the spear with your lightsaber when you push against it and you can cut the fingers off. Nothing bad will happen because only the spear tip is sharp.

Yeah, the choreography almost treated the spear as if it was lightsaber.

I think it was still an enjoyable fight but I wonder if they could have done something more interesting with the spearwielder making up for the weapons disadvantage.

I thought Ashoka looked terrific. Very successful first live action appearence. I was getting goosebumps and I've only dabbled in TCW.
Oh yeah, that was a really pleasant surprise. I was a bit worried after season 1 had some less great makeup in some instances but they really nailed it.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
You can't tell me Jar Jar failing his way into making the enemy think he's a powerful Jedi wasn't funny.

So Moff Gideon and his sect of the Empire are 100% the foundation of the First Order right? The cloning experiments are Snoke, and the research is going to be used to resurrect Palpatine in Episode IX. All set in motion by the Emperor before his death and probably playing out without Gideon even knowing. So the show, or at least this arc, is going to end with them jetting off to the unknown regions.

That's where all of this is going right?
Indeed

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
So Moff Gideon and his sect of the Empire are 100% the foundation of the First Order right? The cloning experiments are Snoke, and the research is going to be used to resurrect Palpatine in Episode IX. All set in motion by the Emperor before his death and probably playing out without Gideon even knowing. So the show, or at least this arc, is going to end with them jetting off to the unknown regions.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Sloan was behind the founding of the First Order but she mysteriously disappeared after retreating to the unknown regions. Honestly with TROS's Palpatine reveal operation CInder makes no sense in hindsight.

You can't tell me Jar Jar failing his way into making the enemy think he's a powerful Jedi wasn't funny.

Indeed
"Oh shit he's wearing robes!"

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
I'd disagree.Supply Lines is a Jar Jar episode that leads directly into the Ryloth arc, which shows the toll war takes on the populace and has implications for rebels.

that guide also has the Maul Return arc as an honorable mention despite the fact that it setsup a chain of events directly intersects into the Mandalore stuff and even without following up on rebels leads into the Seige of mandalore and kinda sets up the events we see in Mando.

The Oderan arc is also just an honorable mention despite that fact that it has clear through line into Rebels and Rouge One.

The list only seems interested in major light saber battles and ironically ignores what makes clone wars special. Most of the interesting episodes of galactic politics, bounty hunters, and characters like boba are just ignored.
I only remember Bombad Jedi as a standout episode of being an absolute waste of time with Jar Jar as the main character, hence my arguably premature judgement of all Jar Jar episodes.

Admittedly I haven't taken a detailed look at the chart, as I just watched all of TCW. And ya it does seem odd to omit the Maul return arc.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Dialogue was pretty bad in this episode. I appreciate how this show doesnt waste time with flowery language, but come on. Michael Biehn's character was especially egregious. Even he wasn't sure how to deliver his lines.

I was initially disappointed because it looked like they wouldn't give him anything to do. With low expectations, I was at least pleased when he got to bring out a little bit of that Johnny Ringo wildness. Like, just a touch of it.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
I'm on board. It's crazy, but I'm onboard.

A part of me was enjoying when the Mandalorian was just doing its own thing in season 1, which is why I got nervous when the Black Saber showed up, but now I've accepted what the show really is and I'm along for the ride. The show seems like it was conceived to:
  1. Expand on the worldbuilding between Episodes VI and VII.
  2. Show the origins of the First Order and Resistance.
  3. Bring a bunch of elements previously relegated to various animated series into live-action.
My question is how far are they going to go with it? Will they show Snoke being created and becoming Supreme Leader? It's still early days after the Empire fell, so they could keep it more subtle and just hint at the future.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
do yo like toxic bois?

Not at all, but that possessiveness is an integral part of Anakin's character and TCW explores it well. In a decidedly less kid-friendly prequel trilogy, what Anakin did to those Tuskens would have terrified Padme and she would have broken off their relationship. Anakin, being as possessive as he is, would not accept no for an answer and would continuously pursue her because, as far as he's concerned, she belongs to him and nobody else can have her. Then Padmé would realise she's pregnant with Anakin's children and do everything she can to stop him ever finding out, only to see that without her there Anakin is falling further and further into darkness. Cut to Mustafar where Padmé decides she must kill Anakin, not just to protect their children but also because she remembers how terrified Anakin was of himself the night he killed those Tuskens and can see how he's no longer afraid of what he can do but is actually enjoying it.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Sloan was behind the founding of the First Order but she mysteriously disappeared after retreating to the unknown regions. Honestly with TROS's Palpatine reveal operation CInder makes no sense in hindsight.

Operation Cinder:

Qehok.jpg

The Padme/Clovis episodes are the parts of TCW most like the prequels, right down to the fixation on galactic banking lol

I actually quite like those episodes as they actually explain the space politics in a way that makes sense and provides greater context for the true puppets of the Clone Wars.

I think you should think of The Mandalorian as akin to what TCW did for the prequels, cleaning up the mess of writing and providing greater context in a way that makes sense. The only problem is that the prequels had good ideas, but poor execution. The Sequel Trilogy, especially TFA and TROS are bad ideas with even worse execution. So, it is an even more daunting task to clean up its mess.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Operation Cinder:

Qehok.jpg

I actually quite like those episodes as they actually explain the space politics in a way that makes sense and provides greater context for the true puppets of the Clone Wars.

I think you should think of The Mandalorian as akin to what TCW did for the prequels, cleaning up the mess of writing and providing greater context in a way that makes sense. The only problem is that the prequels had good ideas, but poor execution. The Sequel Trilogy, especially TFA and TROS are bad ideas with even worse execution. So, it is an even more daunting task to clean up its mess.

I think the thing that most angers me about TFA still, is how we went *seemingly* back to a world of basically one Jedi. It's so goddamn frustrating for someone who got a lot of enjoyment out of the Star Wars Legends EU. I think that's the thing that annoyed me the most about it. We had a chance to do a bunch of Jedi on screen (and not botch it like the Prequels) and instead Abrams does a fucking remake of New Hope.

It's taken me a while to put in to words why TFA almost upset me more than TROS and I think that's it. Because there were so many ways to take the franchise and the way they decided was to fucking remake A New Hope. It's just so goddamn lazy.

Which is why I'm stoked that someone is basically saying fuck that. I'd love to see an Ahsoka spinoff for this reason.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Literally.

"Everything must be burned away....."

----->

"I'm still the emperor btw"

Bad Guy TM on their head. Isn't Thrawn supposed to be "hidden"?
If we're gonna get on that then we really need to address the part where there are still stormtroopers dressing like stormtroopers when they definitely can be doing the same stuff without wearing the space nazi uniforms.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Literally.

"Everything must be burned away....."

----->

"I'm still the emperor btw"

If we're gonna get on that then we really need to address the part where there are still stormtroopers dressing like stormtroopers when they definitely can be doing the same stuff without wearing the space nazi uniforms.

I guess the existence of Empire left overs isn't hidden nor has to be, once they leave to the UR they are assumed to be defeated.

Off topic, what do people think Boba's role will be in future episodes?

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Operation Cinder:

Qehok.jpg

The idea that the ST doesn't blow the PT clean out of the water is laughable. Rise of Skywalker dropped the ball hard, the trilogy as a whole stands up. The only major flaws are the lack of clear worldbuilding and the Emperors out of nowhere resurrection, so it makes sense that's where the Mandalorian is focusing its efforts.