• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

crazy monkey

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Seriously. I was so angry yesterday when, around noon, I saw multiple tweets in a row (from different people) with spoilers from the episode.

I'm not one of those people who is super crazy about spoilers. I have two kids and one has special needs, so my wife and I have been lucky to go out to the movie theater twice a year for the last decade, and I still think that there is a relatively small window of time before it's okay to openly discuss spoilers. If someone really cares about the movie/show/game/etc. then they'll see it ASAP, but if they can't (like me), they should understand that the world doesn't stop for them. That said: not even waiting for people to sit down and watch a new show on its release day before spoiling things in a place like Twitter is fucked up. At least on a forum like this, you can put it behind a marked thread.

Anyway! I loved the episode and I was HYPED to hear Thrawn and Tython mentioned.

Hey man nothing else but just wanted to say I understand. Be strong and Happy.

Nov 27, 2020
Something that was nagging at me after the episode...why is Ahsoka asking where Thrawn is? I've been assuming that the Rebels scene where Sabine and Asoka head off to find Ezra was right after ROTJ, but what if it isn't? What if there are rumors that Thrawn has returned, and Ahsoka is trying to find him to figure out what happened to Ezra?

The thought I have is this: Din takes Grogu (going to take a while to get used to that) to the "seeing stone", and the Jedi that reaches out to him through the force is Ezra. It makes sense. Ezra had his own attachment issues and flirtations with the Dark Side, plus has had dealings with Mandalorians, so he would be able to help Grogu through that. Din tracks Ahsoka down and asks what's up with this Ezra guy? Ahsoka then gathers with Sabine to find Ezra and we get a live action version of the Rebels scene. After their ship leaves the atmosphere, they rendezvous with the Razor Crest and go off to find Ezra. The Mandalorian might have been the promised Rebels sequel this whole time.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm glad we finally found out about Baby Yoda a bit. Grogu is so cute... I wonder if Yoda hid him before exile. I'm happy to be a star wars fan again after this episode. Really sad that Ahsoka stayed on the planet... not sure if she will still be relevant for this season or the next.

also... question about the siege episode but was that Rey's mom in the school? the one with the buns or just a nod to Rey?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
THe first time "Grogu" sounds really weird but now he just looks like a Grogu. That little cute mothafucka.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Has been since Rebels, i.e. for quite some time now
Thrawn was a primary antagonist in Rebels, and Timothy Zahn, from the orginal Thrawn Trilogy, has written/in the process of writing two recent trilogies of books that detail Thrawn's rise in the Empire and his role back with his people prior to that.
So it's like the same character, but not the same one who teamed up with Mara Jade and had those force sucking worms as weapons against the Jedi?\

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's storytelling 101. We had an entire episode about Boba's armour where he's presumed dead, and then he appears at the end on the periphery watching Mando leave with it (unbeknownst to him). There's a reason media are hyping up a rumoured Boba spinoff/miniseries 😅
I'm so glad you're hear to explain basic storytelling to me, where would i be without you. 😒
If one hasn't seen any of the Star Wars media with Ahsoka before now (Clone Wars, right?), where would one begin?
While it is a lot of episodes to get through, Start at the beginning. it's well worth it.
www.starwars.com

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Chronological Episode Order | StarWars.com

Lucasfilm presents the official sequential order for the beloved animated series, including all 121 shows and the original feature film.

Once you're done with TCW, move onto Rebels. Then you'll be up to date.
also... question about the siege episode but was that Rey's mom in the school? the one with the buns or just a nod to Rey?
Ugggghhh. Fucking Star Wars fans. Not everything has to be related to something. 🙄

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I just came to say I really enjoyed the Yoda audible cue in the score. Felt like that was always a bit taboo for the side material.
Legit gave me goosebumps, but that music always does.
I'm so glad you're hear to explain basic storytelling to me, where would i be without you. 😒

Start at the beginning. While it is a lot of episodes to get through, it's well worth it.
www.starwars.com

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Chronological Episode Order | StarWars.com

Lucasfilm presents the official sequential order for the beloved animated series, including all 121 shows and the original feature film.

Once you're done with TCW, move onto Rebels. Then you'll be up to date.

Ugggghhh. Fucking Star Wars fans. Not everything has to be related to something. 🙄
I mean I feel you but we did have Snoke clones last week

The series as a whole does have a morbid fascination with linking everything together

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'm going to have to finally read the new Thrawn books. I know I bought one which I never read.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how long it's gonna take for them to announce Ahsoka's show. Hopefully soon 'cus I need to see Thrawn and Ezra in live action ASAP.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, I guess I really didn't expect this show to bring all these non-movie pieces of lore together.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Why is the order so crazy? Can I just watch it in whatever order it's in on Disney+?
There's the chronological order and then there's the order it aired.
The one on D+ is the latter. It usually doesn't really matter, as all arcs are more or less self-contained, but it can happen that one arc happens before another, but is shown to happen after another and you might go "wait I thought he was killed" or something.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The series as a whole does have a morbid fascination with linking everything together
Were they Snokes tho?

Even if they weren't, doesn't matter. They're going to be showing the beginnings of the First Order regardless.

Because god forbid SW does new things.
Just when i thought were could have a nice convo with you. My own fault really, for thinking otherwise. After all, you did that thing you people do. Making your little comments, without ever quoting me directly.

Always having to jump on my Star Wars posts. You people can't help yourselves. Always with the bitchy little snipes.

Ahh well. I'm used to it.
Why is the order so crazy? Can I just watch it in whatever order it's in on Disney+?
For the first 3 seasons. the season episodes were out of order. To empathise the newsreel aesthetic the show was going for. Which is fun in it's own way. But when can mess up the mini story arcs the series has.

From season four onwards, the airing order and the chronological order are the same. It is a bit of a pain in the bum. But with the effort.

I first watched the show that way. So glad i did. That's why i always rec it to new people.

Last edited:

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017

The Clone Wars was an anthology series, and for the first two and a half seasons or so, the order of some episodes was not chronological because George wanted to tell some stories that happened before another episode, etc.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Just when i thought were could have a nice convo with you. My own fault really, for thinking otherwise. After all, you did that thing you people do. Making your little comments, without ever quoting me directly.

Always having to jump on my Star Wars posts. You people can't help yourselves. Always with the bitchy little snipes.

Ahh well. I'm used to it.

You're the one who was making the snipey comment to me first. All I did was explain clearly how the guy at end of episode 9 was Boba, and why it wouldn't be satisfactory or make sense to be anyone else. Never meant to cause any offence and I'm sorry if you took it that way.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (permanent): Uncalled for hostility. Extremely long history of similar behavior.
You're the one who was making the snipey comment to me first. All I did was explain clearly how the guy at end of episode 9 was Boba, and why it wouldn't be satisfactory or make sense to be anyone else. Never meant to cause any offence and I'm sorry if you took it that way.
If that was the case, you would have directly quoted me about Rex, instead of talking past me. Just like Drewton did. Just like you all do. Within my first few posts since coming back from a month long ban. And you're jumping on it.

Isn't it enough i walked away from the SW OT? You fuckers gotta follow me around other SW threads as well. It's. so. fucking. tiresome

You wanna have a nice SW convo. I'm more than happy too. But keep your little bitchy ass bullshit to your Discord. Where i know you all love to take the piss.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
If that was the case, you would have directly quoted me about Rex, instead of talking past me. Just like Drewton did. Just like you all do. Within my first few posts since coming back from a month long ban. And you're jumping on it.

Isn't it enough i walked away from the SW OT? You fuckers gotta follow me around other SW threads as well. It's. so. fucking. tiresome

You wanna have a nice SW convo. I'm more than happy too. But keep your little bitchy ass bullshit to your Discord. Where i know you all love to take the piss.

I really have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not a member of the SW Era Discord, I don't follow you around. I posted about Rex because I saw several people talking him about and theorising about Boba and I didn't want to multi-quote because I find the system cumbersome.

Once again I'm really sorry if I upset you but please don't go all conspiracy on me.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017

Man, what the hell is with the attitude? Reading the past few pages, you seem to be taking things to the absolute extreme and attacking everyone for whatever reason. Goodness gracious.

Unrelated, my wife is now hooked on Rebels, haha. I love that Mandalorian is bringing light to what else exists in Star Wars in a fun and exciting way like this.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, what the hell is with the attitude? Reading the past few pages, you seem to be taking things to the absolute extreme and attacking everyone for whatever reason. Goodness gracious.
Nah, you're missing a lot of context on that particular front.
Unrelated, my wife is now hooked on Rebels, haha. I love that Mandalorian is bringing light to what else exists in Star Wars in a fun and exciting way like this.
Same.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Legit gave me goosebumps, but that music always does.

They were not snoke clones. They are breeding super soldiers, they're trying to create force sensitive soldiers. That's what the suits of armour Gideon was with was for.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
They were not snoke clones. They are breeding super soldiers, they're trying to create force sensitive soldiers. That's what the suits of armour Gideon was with was for.

Those "suits of armor" were powerful droids called Dark Troopers.

And while it's too early to say they were early Snoke prototypes/clones, they did look suspiciously like him. It is a very real possibility.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Ngl the music here made me tear up. Definitely gives the impression that Ahsoka is done for this season at least, though.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I really have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not a member of the SW Era Discord, I don't follow you around. I posted about Rex because I saw several people talking him about and theorising about Boba and I didn't want to multi-quote because I find the system cumbersome.

Once again I'm really sorry if I upset you but please don't go all conspiracy on me.
Don't worry they're always like that with everyone. That's why they keep getting banned.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Uhhh, you sure? When the camera zoomed in on the 'thing' in the tank (which looked like a proto-Snoke), it played a variation of his theme.

Our characters even made a meta-comment on this, like they thought this was going to be a simple operation of shutting down an old Imperial base, but OH SHIT turns out there's far more sinister shit going down.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
It's probably already been mentioned but I loved this shot.

tenor.gif