• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
the sound grogu makes when someone says his name is quite possibly the cutest thing ever invented by humans

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
You're still stuck with the same thing either way.

This is fanfic-level writing.
No....you're not stuck with the same thing at all. On anything but THE most surface level reading of the events.

-A possible empire vs. an undermanned group of freedom fighters.

Where would Rey learn news about Luke Skywalker on a backwater planet like Jakku, especially when we know she's pretty shy and a loner? The answer is because everyone and their mum knew who the hero of the entire Rebellion was. Mando not knowing who Bo-Katan is or Jedi or is questionable (we don't know if he's heard the name Luke) but he was also raised by a fanatical cult, so he's not the best frame of reference. Ahsoka was literally an intelligence agent, during the early Rebellion. Her literal job was to know everything going on in the galaxy and dealing with the Empire.
Jakku is a planet where people come and go constantly. The reason Rey became a SW nerd was because of her conversing with many different people about the history and legends in the galaxy. A small detail, Rey understands Chewie, and multiple languages. She's not a shy or a loner. She just keeps to herself. Two entirely different concepts. It's not that everyone knew who Luke specifically was. But he did have a legend. Remember, in new canon Luke didn't go ham and create a new jedi order right off the bat while deeply involving himself with politics. He kept to himself to research jedi lore. The legend stuff was entirely out of his control.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can forgive Rebels because, again, it's a show for children. But, Mando is not
Are you SURE about that?
Favreau sucks at writing and needs a real writer's room. Clone Wars is FAR more deeper than this "adult" show.
100%
Asked earlier, but where could I pick Clone Wars up from if I'm not enjoying Season 1? It all feels a bit like treading old storylines and I want some new stuff. I'm about 9 episodes into Season 1 and not really enjoying it, but I would as soon as they start introducing new characters / villains / storylines as opposed to hunting Grievous.
Skip season 1. You can start at season 2. That said, if you follow this, it truly skips nearly ALL of the bad episodes and would also work just fine:
The Mandalore Plot in season 2. Then the Nightsisters in season 3 and watch straight from there.

If you want to avoid the season 1-feeling episodes.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
cool episode but i hope we never see rosario dawson in this show again. could do without cara dune as well but it sure seems like they're setting up for more with her
www.resetera.com

Plaintiff withdraws 18 of the 20 accusations against Rosario Dawson in transphobic harrassment lawsuit News

More at: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/11/gina-carano-fan-backlash-transgender-parler-cara-dune-mandalorian-rosario-dawson Cast me in Mando S3 if old

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
My first thought was to just slide the saber down and chop up them digits.

This is the sorta thing comics and books have actually done pretty regularly but nothing animated or live action has touched. Not sure why there's a discrepancy there. TV/Film don't get nearly as creative with the Force/sabers as anything else.

Yoda: No. There is another.

Narrator: In fact, there were several others.

Obviously not intended in ESB, but I do wonder if there's enough meat to the bone of Yoda so believing in the Chosen One prophecy that he literally never considered someone like Ezra or Grogu as a potential saviour.

the sound grogu makes when someone says his name is quite possibly the cutest thing ever invented by humans

I think that sound is why I haven't seen anyone dislike the name yet online. It's like Pavlov's Dog. We can't hate it because it's immediately followed by a good thing.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

He meant Cal Kestis.

Jakku is a planet where people come and go constantly. The reason Rey became a SW nerd was because of her conversing with many different people about the history and legends in the galaxy. A small detail, Rey understands Chewie, and multiple languages. She's not a shy or a loner. She just keeps to herself. Two entirely different concepts. It's not that everyone knew who Luke specifically was. But he did have a legend. Remember, in new canon Luke didn't go ham and create a new jedi order right off the bat while deeply involving himself with politics. He kept to himself to research jedi lore. The legend stuff was entirely out of his control.

Citation needed. And no, I don't care about some EU book or movie novelization or comic book, I only care about the films.

Again, FN-2187 knew who Luke Skywalker was, a brainwashed slave baby. Those little kids on Crait knew who he was and were Rebel Alliance fans. Luke's legend was galactic, that's the whole point of TLJ, that his legend grew beyond his reality. So, it's not possible for Ahsoka to not know who he is at this point, that would be pure foolishness from a former intelligence agent.

Mando not hearing of his legend is equally dumb, but can be somewhat explained away due to his cult. But think about this, Mando is so versed and traveled he speaks Tusken. This is noteworthy because Tusken Raiders NEVER leave Tatooine, so he could have only learnt their language and customs by spending plenty of time on Tatooine, you know the place where Luke SKYWALKER grew up. And, he never once heard the name in connection with the massive Galactic Civil War he helped end? Come on now. The villagers all the way is Mos Pelgo had holo-footage of the Death Star 2.0 getting blown up and they lived out in the middle of absolute nowhere on Tatooine, yet I bet even they heard of Luke fucking SKYWALKER.

It truly makes zero sense from an in-universe perspective that Dinn, a Mandalorian whose culture values great warriors, is not at all interested in the warrior that defeated the greatest foes in the Empire. Of course, the real reason is because the show works best with him completely ignorant of the Jedi and Luke so new viewers can have exposition dumped on them and Mando doesn't automatically know what the deal with Grogu is from the start. You can excuse such writing to setup the series, I could not excuse such writing for Ahsoka. But, we still don't know much at all what she knows, what she's been doing, if she's ever met Luke, if she even still considers herself a non-Jedi or if she's re-joined and just doing her own thing.

The weird thing is she says to go to Tython and place Grogu on the stone and if a Jedi senses him they'll reach out, but that implies she knows other Jedi are out there. The only Jedi she knew to escape the purge that she actually met were Kanan and Ezra and she knows they gone. So, is she just playing games because she doesn't want to bring up Luke or does she truly not know that Luke is out there and seeking to rebuild the Order (which would be dumb)?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
He meant Cal Kestis.

Citation needed. And no, I don't care about some EU book or movie novelization or comic book, I only care about the films.

Again, FN-2187 knew who Luke Skywalker was, a brainwashed slave baby. Those little kids on Crait knew who he was and were Rebel Alliance fans. Luke's legend was galactic, that's the whole point of TLJ, that his legend grew beyond his reality. So, it's not possible for Ahsoka to not know who he is at this point, that would be pure foolishness from a former intelligence agent.

Mando not hearing of his legend is equally dumb, but can be somewhat explained away due to his cult. But think about this, Mando is so versed and traveled he speaks Tusken. This is noteworthy because Tusken Raiders NEVER leave Tatooine, so he could have only learnt their language and customs by spending plenty of time on Tatooine, you know the place where Luke SKYWALKER grew up. And, he never once heard the name in connection with the massive Galactic Civil War he helped end? Come on now. The villagers all the way is Mos Pelgo had holo-footage of the Death Star 2.0 getting blown up and they lived out in the middle of absolute nowhere on Tatooine, yet I bet even they heard of Luke fucking SKYWALKER.

It truly makes zero sense from an in-universe perspective that Dinn, a Mandalorian whose culture values great warriors, is not at all interested in the warrior that defeated the greatest foes in the Empire. Of course, the real reason is because the show works best with him completely ignorant of the Jedi and Luke so new viewers can have exposition dumped on them and Mando doesn't automatically know what the deal with Grogu is from the start. You can excuse such writing to setup the series, I could not excuse such writing for Ahsoka. But, we still don't know much at all what she knows, what she's been doing, if she's ever met Luke, if she even still considers herself a non-Jedi or if she's re-joined and just doing her own thing.

The weird thing is she says to go to Tython and place Grogu on the stone and if a Jedi senses him they'll reach out, but that implies she knows other Jedi are out there. The only Jedi she knew to escape the purge that she actually met were Kanan and Ezra and she knows they gone. So, is she just playing games because she doesn't want to bring up Luke or does she truly not know that Luke is out there and seeking to rebuild the Order (which would be dumb)?

1. Maybe I missed something in your argument, but it's entirely likely that people know who Rebel hero Luke Skywalker is but do not know Rebel Hero Luke Skywalker is a Jedi unless they've worked with or around him. Blowing up the Death Star isn't an inherently Jedi thing, and while he uses a lightsaber he's not running into battle with it like they did in the Clone Wars.

2. Between Mando and TFA I believe is when Luke starts his training school and Leia's relation to Vader is discovered galaxy-wide, so not only is it more likely people 25 years out know more than Mando does, that's more time for the legend to expand.

3. As for the temple, someone else noted it's a win win for Ashoka. Either there are other Jedi out there and the Force will guide the right one, or it won't and Grogu won't grow up with training and will be far less dangerous.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad they changed Grogu's voice this season. He sounded too human in season 1, now he sounds a billion times cuter.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017

because of the really nasty allegations of transphobia. which:

www.resetera.com

Plaintiff withdraws 18 of the 20 accusations against Rosario Dawson in transphobic harrassment lawsuit News

More at: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/11/gina-carano-fan-backlash-transgender-parler-cara-dune-mandalorian-rosario-dawson Cast me in Mando S3 if old

I had not seen this yesterday! this is encouraging, at least

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was the best ep of the show, so far.

A few thoughts.
Grogu, is a predictably adorable name. LOL.

I didn't realise it was Michael Biehn at first, and before he spoke, i thought it was Peter Weller. LOL.
Speaking of Michael Biehn. i wish he had a better part. Felt like he was wasted.
Which is a shame, as i think he's a good actor.

Even putting aside, that i think Ashley Eckstein should have been cast. I did not like Rosario Dawson's interpretation. At all.
Felt off, in a way i can't fully articulate, at the mo.
My first choice for Thrawn is definitely Tobius Menzies (from The Crown, Outlander an GOT):

ZqF7ONG.jpg
Or. We can just cast this guy.
43280bccf1aa3bfa96236d5ffa930dcb.jpg

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
re: Thrawn casting, they made him Lars Mikkelsen on purpose. They intentionally wanted an actor who could potentially play him in a live action iteration. I am positive it will just be him again.

Oct 25, 2017
If Sabine ever shows up I really hope they go with something different than her S4 Epilogue look.
Go with the unused concepts for that iteration
KZEGJ9J.jpg

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imma keep it 10x10, if they knew from day one that they were gonna put Ahsoka in live action they wouldn't have used Ashley Ecklestein. I like her and I don't want her to go anywhere but I'm pretty sure they would have casted a non-white woman for the voice.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imma keep it 10x10, if they knew from day one that they were gonna put Ahsoka in live action they wouldn't have used Ashley Ecklestein. I like her and I don't want her to go anywhere but I'm pretty sure they would have casted a non-white woman for the voice.
Ehh. I'm not sure about that. You know what LF is like, when it comes to that stuffs.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how the skin color of the voice actor has any bearing on anything. Half the Darth Vader's Lucasfilm has used in media are white. Ahsoka was literally a 14 year old Orange girl. There is no skin tone to such a role.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
How else would Rey know how to speak Wookie? TFA/TLJ----->show don't tell

The FO's entire MO was killing Luke Skywalker, ofc Finn would know who he is. And by that time 30 years have passed. We're only five years past the death of Palpatine in Mando.

I doubt most people knew where Luke was from. It's a massive stretch in TROS that Rey found his home as an example.

Genuinely imagine how clunky the exposition dump would be if she explained everything about herself and what she's been up to to a complete stranger. I think you seriously overestimate the amount of clout the jedi had in the galaxy while severely underestimating the effect that two decades worth of propaganda will have on the perception and/or erasure of an order.

It's been years since the events of Rebels. Which ended years before a new hope. And Luke is still around searching for jedi lore, he's not a public figure.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
This is the perfect time for a grizzled Kyle Katarn to show up. And for Grogu to deny him.

Best end of season.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
It has nothing to do with OCD. But everything to do with a lack of art literacy.
That's a funny way of not only downplaying someone's opinion but also perpetuating stigma against neurodiversity; I've seen this before.

She never lived past the clone wars. She started to have an affair with a jedi knight who had turned to the dark side and on his final mission to test his loyalty

Trust and believe i'm not making fun of you for having OCD. I would never do that.
Fine, I believe you.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
As others have stated, Clone Wars is an anthology series. You don't need to start from the beginning, just pick episodes or arcs that sound interesting to you and go from there. The Mandalore Arc in Season 2 is great. Obi-Wan Undercover Bounty Hunter arc is another fantastic one. The Umbara arc is a great set of episodes featuring the clones. You get the idea.
Are you SURE about that?

100%

Skip season 1. You can start at season 2. That said, if you follow this, it truly skips nearly ALL of the bad episodes and would also work just fine:
Thanks both! Super helpful. Will skip past Season 1.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Ezra absolutely got better in S3 and 4 because he became much more than the child self insert. And how you gonna say that Kanan and Hera never got a chance to elevate the show. Kanan gets as much if not more development than Ezra who has the standard "will they turn to the darkside due to incredibly common human emotions also how does one become a jedi" schtick that was way less interesting than a padawan trying to train a new jedi in dire circumstances. Ezra became so much better when they moved past both of those very rote character beats.

The biggest sin of Rebels is that it wasn't as good as Clone Wars but that doesn't make it weak at all when it hits it's groove. After all it took awhile for CW to do that too. Separated from the pure shock of Disney cancelling the GOAT SW content at the time and replacing it with a show for kids it's a great show.

This isn't unprecedented when the very first exposure anyone had to SW was a 19 year old blowing up the death star while flying a ship he's never flown before in perfect formation with people he's never met. 😂 And people in general having insane accomplishments at relatively yougn ages like Ahsoka literally was leading an army at the age of 14. I try not to pay too much attention to SW ages because it's a literal meme that the characters are often way younger than their storyline would suggest. War hero Anakin Skywalker is only 22 years old, only five years older than war hero Ahsoka Tano yet Kylo is fucking 30 yet he has the same amount of emotional maturity as Rey who's ten years younger. Don't even get me started on Hux, the dude who has the exact energy of someone tattle telling on their sibling.

All that said, Sabine is great and the show did her dirty by not giving her proper character development until the later seasons.

CWS7 shows that it was never the lack of Lucas money that was the problem, because it's Lucas money vs. DISNEY MONEY. It was that they didn't want to basically fund what was essentially the most expensive 3D animated show ever made. Clone Wars was unprecedented with it's scope and budget and Disney wasn't about to go that ham on a completely new show with an unfortunately younger target audience, (that last bit got ignored in S3 and 4). And yea it's a damn shame because even when they got a bigger budget it still never looked anywhere near as gorgeous or ambitious as peak Clone Wars.
I understand your point there but tbf the show makes it a point that she's woefully under-qualified for that role and only really grows into it after several of being mentored which is why rex initially doesn't like her. Ultimately the reason she's even in that role is that the Jedi are a messed up organisation and the fact she was literally raised as child soldier is why she left the order after realizing she was expendable. Basically any Jedi Padawan automatically had that rank because the Jedi were seen by default as better warriors and show doesn't treat the fact 14 year old leading a army as good thing considering the whole thing was a slow burn tragedy.

22 for a war hero isn't strange considering Anakin was considered a genius (though that clearly wasn't obvious in the PT itself). Napoleon was a general at age 24.

The Luke thing yeah it's strange but the plot I mean the force was guiding him.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I understand your point there but tbf the show makes it a point that she's woefully under-qualified for that role and only really grows into it after several of being mentored which is why rex initially doesn't like her. Ultimately the reason she's even in that role is that the Jedi are a messed up organisation and the fact she was literally raised as child soldier is why she left the order after realizing she was expendable. Basically any Jedi Padawan automatically had that rank because the Jedi were seen by default as better warriors and show doesn't treat the fact 14 year old leading a army as good thing considering the whole thing was a slow burn tragedy.

22 for a war hero isn't strange considering Anakin was considered a genius (though that clearly wasn't obvious in the PT itself). Napoleon was a general at age 24.

The Luke thing yeah it's strange but the plot I mean the force was guiding him.
I meant in general that SW characters tend to skew younger because the target audience isn't people in their 30s, it's children-young adults. So measuring up accomplishments via age doesn't really work because no one in SW is aged in a grounded manner.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I meant in general that SW characters tend to skew younger because the target audience isn't people in their 30s, it's children-young adults. So measuring up accomplishments via age doesn't really work because no one in SW is aged in a grounded manner.
It's true and it's common in many teen/young age focused adventures. Only real difference is some stories try harder to justify it (whether they're successful is another question) and some less so but the reasons why are the same.

Last edited:

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that the "subtext" relies on repeating story beats from the OT is telling, no offense.
Again, the ST is about SW itself and what it means to people.

It's true and it's common in many teen/young age focused adventures. Only real difference is some stories try harder to justify it "whether they're successful is another question" and some less so but the reasons why are the same.
c5e.jpg

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't finished Clone Wars yet so I don't want any in-depth spoilers, but I'm guessing it explains why Ahsoka has white lightsabers?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously not intended in ESB, but I do wonder if there's enough meat to the bone of Yoda so believing in the Chosen One prophecy that he literally never considered someone like Ezra or Grogu as a potential saviour.

It's actually more straightforward than that. Back in The Clone Wars, when Yoda went on that great spiritual journey to the heart of the galaxy, he was basically told by the Force that the war against the Sith was already lost but there would be another Skywalker, who would one day defeat them. So Yoda believed that only a Skywalker would ever be able to defeat Anakin, something that I assume made more sense to him when Luke and Leia were born, which is why he waited on Dagobah for them. I don't think he particularly cared which one of them got there first and he probably hoped to train them both, but essentially he spent the last decades of his life believing in what the Force had told him.