• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm honestly expecting a surprise mark hamil cameo by the end of the season when Grogo ends up on the seeing stone. The timing is about right that he'd still be training right?

Oct 25, 2017
Good ass shit. That was some good ass shit manes.

Filoni knocked it out of the park with the western/samurai mix, the whole atmosphere of the Ep and the visuals of the planet..... It's good stuff.

The two ending fights being a duel both with sabers and the gunslingers was great. Merc dude was trying to get close enough with the shotgun and tried to get an opening with Mando's hand away from the blaster. Ashoka fighting the Magistrate, then like Vader in ESB, switches the grip and ends it after making the magistrate think she had a chance.

I do want to find out more about that spear too, seems like it would be a very, very old Mandolorian weapon.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not quite sure for how much of the series Pedro Pascal really is on set. I mean throughout the entire series he's taken his helmet off exactly once so far and it's not like they use impressive body acting or anything. It could be literally anyone in that suit.

Actually, thinking back to his Westeros days, maybe it's better if Mando never takes his helmet off.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I loved that during the two duels you could hear Ahsoka's fighting on the other side. I was literally thinking, "wow I'm surprised you can't--" as it started up. So good.
I'm curious tho why couldn't they just keep them at the original length and she just tie them up like a pony tail when she duels. Would make some more grounded sense of reality.
I think the problem is, what happens when she turns her head or jumps? There's a lot of situations where they'd either get in the way or flop around in a goofy way, or stay completely frozen like they're made of cement. It'd look bad IMO.

The shorter design works while, e.g. letting her wear the hood and all that, without any fuss. It's just more practical for live-action.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
The fact that Yoda was aware of Grogu got me all emotional.

I still think a scene where we see Yoda force ghost himself to Grogu in a tense moment has got be in the final season at some point.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So about that seeing stone... there's only five people I can think of who might pick up the phone when Grogu rings:

- Ahsoka
- Ezra
- Snoke
- Luke
- Leia

Who's placing bets?

I say no Jedi because I'm betting Ahsoka is leading Din on a snipe hunt with the seeing stone. If she's worried that separating Grogu from his father figure will lead him down the dark side, then I doubt she's actually setting him up to be taken away by some other Jedi.

Since the implication of the seeing stone test is that if no Jedi shows up and the child belongs with Din, then I bet the seeing stone is actually nothing special and this is just a way for him to accept the Child rather than trying to pawn him off to complete his quest.

Last edited:

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I say no Jedi because I'm betting Asoka is leading Din on a snipe hunt with the seeing stone. If she's worried that separating Grogu from his father figure will lead him down the dark side, then I doubt she's actually setting him up to be taken away by some other Jedi.

Since the implication of the seeing stone test is that if no Jedi shows up and the child belongs with Din, then I bet the seeing stone is actually nothing special and this is just a way for him to accept the Child rather than trying to pawn him off to complete his quest.
No way, Ahsoka is better than that. She's being a true Jedi, and trusting in the Force.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
No way, Ahsoka is better than that. She's being a true Jedi, and trusting in the Force.
But then where does that leave us if another Jedi arrives? It would be the exact same dilemma we just had with Ahsoka where either the Jedi takes the child and the series ends, or they have to refuse the child for some reason.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I loved that during the two duels you could hear Ahsoka's fighting on the other side. I was literally thinking, "wow I'm surprised you can't--" as it started up. So good.

I think the problem is, what happens when she turns her head or jumps? There's a lot of situations where they'd either get in the way or flop around in a goofy way, or stay completely frozen like they're made of cement. It'd look bad IMO.

The shorter design works while, e.g. letting her wear the hood and all that, without any fuss. It's just more practical for live-action.
If there is some sense of density in those things then if she were to tie the 2 in the front up towards the back with the 3rd one, there would be enough weight to keep them out of her way while she fights and do flips and flips and stuff right? But it would depend on how heavy those things are.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Can anyone recommend a good Star Wars podcast? I've only sampled The Forcecast (pretty good) and Rebel Scum (too bro-ey, and hosts pretending to be apolitical while casually railing on "cancel culture" from time to time).

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
But then where does that leave us if another Jedi arrives? The exact same dilemma we just had with Ahsoka where either the Jedi takes the child and the series ends, or they have to refuse the child for some reason.
Oh that's the good part. We know Moff Gideon, Boba Fett, and Thrawn are in play, so all sorts of shenanigans could go down that complicates things.

Mando is wide open now.
If there is some sense of density in those things then if she were to tie the 2 in the front up towards the back with the 3rd one, there would be enough weight to keep them out of her way while she fights and do flips and flips and stuff right? But it would depend on how heavy those things are.
I dunno if there's behind-the-scenes stuff yet, but I got the impression it's a spongy plastic thing that's pretty lightweight. The moment you make it longer and have it require some weight to simulate its mass, that complicates stunts and scenes a lot IMO.

I'm sure they tried a lot of prototypes before settling on a design straying from the OG, given how authentic Mando has strived to be in portraying SW thus far.

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
Anyone notice the nod to Yojimbo? That final scene was spot on!

mandojo.jpg

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the transitions and SFX were a bit awkward but damn if every scene wasn't just a feast for the eyes.

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
Thats an interesting take. And alot of westerns had this same scene composition as well.
It's the same, even down to a guy coming out and releasing the strung up prisoner! A lot of westerns were based on Yojimbo to begin with, A Fistful of Dollars was not far off being a remake, that in turn led to Django and on to all the films it influenced.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Watched about a half dozen reactions and people were just kind of "HUH! THAT'S COOL" in regards to the Gorgu reveal.

But the Thrawn reveal blew people's fucking brains out and made them fly out of their chairs.

Oct 25, 2017
I say no Jedi because I'm betting Ahsoka is leading Din on a snipe hunt with the seeing stone. If she's worried that separating Grogu from his father figure will lead him down the dark side, then I doubt she's actually setting him up to be taken away by some other Jedi.

That might be possible, but I think Ashoka wants what is best for baby yoda, and doesn't want him torn away from his new papa and all the dark sidey stuff that comes with it. So if he did some force skyping with some cool guy and was okay with leaving Din, that would solve that problem. If not, we continue with Lone Mando and Cub!

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Oh that's the good part. We know Moff Gideon, Boba Fett, and Thrawn are in play, so all sorts of shenanigans could go down that complicates things.

Mando is wide open now.

I dunno if there's behind-the-scenes stuff yet, but I got the impression it's a spongy plastic thing that's pretty lightweight. The moment you make it longer and have it require some weight to simulate its mass, that complicates stunts and scenes a lot
Looks to me like sort of a rubberized foam material

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Mando finale where the Baby, Ashoka,Luke,Ezra,and Cal team up. Filoni pls make it so.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone tell me about Thrawn.

Thrawn was an Imperial Grand Admiral of Chiss descent (blue skinned humanoid alien). He's a military genius who is able to understand flaws in enemy strategies by analyzing their culture's art. Thrawn was a primary antagonist in Star Wars Rebels where
he was defeated by the young Jedi Ezra Bridger who trapped him aboard a Star Destroyer that he zoomed off through hyperspace into the Unknown Regions.

In the old, now non-canon books, Thrawn re-emerged after the fall of the Empire to lead a massive attack against the New Republic that nearly led to an Imperial reconquest of the galaxy before he was killed.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Someone tell me about Thrawn.

Essentialy Grand Admiral Sherlock Holmes, using art (either created for certain people/species or owned by certain individuals) to learn everything about them and how they'll behave on each occasion so he can kick their butts. Is the only known alien to raise to a high command position in the Empire.

He's one of the more relevant characters of the old Expanded Universe, the main antagonist in the novels that kickstarted it, and some years ago was rescued for the new canon with more books and Rebels.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
I only know Thrawn from Rebels. Reading this thread in the books he's a sort of anti-hero? He was pretty mustache twirling evil in Rebels. He joined the Empire to steer it from his people it sounds like?

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only know Thrawn from Rebels. Reading this thread in the books he's a sort of anti-hero? He was pretty mustache twirling evil in Rebels. He joined the Empire to steer it from his people it sounds like?

He started off as a villain in the old EU but Timothy Zahn has more or less turned him into an antihero, yeah. He has four books in the new canon so far where he's basically a Chiss agent who worked his way up the ranks of the Empire so he could learn about its strengths and capabilities and try to keep it from attacking his people, hoping to turn the Empire against the enemies of the Chiss.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This felt like a crossover episode of a better show that doesnt exist. Rosario Dawson brought a great take to Asoka

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I hope that if they do bring in Thrawn, they do him more like the books (the original Thrawn trilogy) than Rebels did. Rebels did a really poor job of showing how he could out-think his enemies to the point that they're left wondering what the fuck just happened. But I also can't see Thrawn having any real interest in a lone bounty hunter and a baby.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm honestly expecting a surprise mark hamil cameo by the end of the season when Grogo ends up on the seeing stone. The timing is about right that he'd still be training right?

I'm not expecting Luke BUT supposedly he did sign away his likeness for live action recently, so we could see him. I guess Mando must have the budget for it, considering everything else they can afford?

Good ass shit. That was some good ass shit manes.

Filoni knocked it out of the park with the western/samurai mix, the whole atmosphere of the Ep and the visuals of the planet..... It's good stuff.

The two ending fights being a duel both with sabers and the gunslingers was great. Merc dude was trying to get close enough with the shotgun and tried to get an opening with Mando's hand away from the blaster. Ashoka fighting the Magistrate, then like Vader in ESB, switches the grip and ends it after making the magistrate think she had a chance.

I do want to find out more about that spear too, seems like it would be a very, very old Mandolorian weapon.

If she really did work for Thrawn, as a connoisseur of rare art, it'd make sense he got it and gave it to her. Obviously that doesn't say where he got it or what life it had before then.

Mando is wide open now.

I dunno if there's behind-the-scenes stuff yet, but I got the impression it's a spongy plastic thing that's pretty lightweight. The moment you make it longer and have it require some weight to simulate its mass, that complicates stunts and scenes a lot IMO.

I'm sure they tried a lot of prototypes before settling on a design straying from the OG, given how authentic Mando has strived to be in portraying SW thus far.

I'm not sure Thrawn will come into play. Unless he's somehow Gideon's master (which feels unlikely considering Rebels though I guess Ashoka looking for him where he is leaves that up for debate) I imagine Filoni would want to keep a Thrawn sidelined until the Rebels follow up the series finale implied. Resolving it in Mando would also mean having to cast Sabine, Ezra, and maybe even Hera in live action.

Anyone notice the nod to Yojimbo? That final scene was spot on!

mandojo.jpg

I loved how overt the look was, tying it back to the samurai movies that inspired SW to begin with. The exterior dead forest reminded me of a lot of samurai films too, like Throne of Blood.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
so rewatching it I have one criticism that for me I can get past since it's live action, Ahsoka didn't really fight like ahsoka, no reverse grip fighting, it's a minor nitpick but i like that connection between her and starkiller vader's legends apprentice

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
"Grogu? That doesn't sound too cute"
He started off as a villain in the old EU but Timothy Zahn has more or less turned him into an antihero, yeah. He has four books in the new canon so far where he's basically a Chiss agent who worked his way up the ranks of the Empire so he could learn about its strengths and capabilities and try to keep it from attacking his people, hoping to turn the Empire against the enemies of the Chiss.
that's why I was thinking he was gonna be a goodie now but my way is still a baddie. Ezra asked him not to go this way and he still did it. 😔

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Asked earlier, but where could I pick Clone Wars up from if I'm not enjoying Season 1? It all feels a bit like treading old storylines and I want some new stuff. I'm about 9 episodes into Season 1 and not really enjoying it, but I would as soon as they start introducing new characters / villains / storylines as opposed to hunting Grievous.

As others have stated, Clone Wars is an anthology series. You don't need to start from the beginning, just pick episodes or arcs that sound interesting to you and go from there. The Mandalore Arc in Season 2 is great. Obi-Wan Undercover Bounty Hunter arc is another fantastic one. The Umbara arc is a great set of episodes featuring the clones. You get the idea.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
so rewatching it I have one criticism that for me I can get past since it's live action, Ahsoka didn't really fight like ahsoka, no reverse grip fighting, it's a minor nitpick but i like that connection between her and starkiller vader's legends apprentice
She does though. She goes reverse grip when she's disarmed and fights seriously.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that if they do bring in Thrawn, they do him more like the books (the original Thrawn trilogy) than Rebels did. Rebels did a really poor job of showing how he could out-think his enemies to the point that they're left wondering what the fuck just happened. But I also can't see Thrawn having any real interest in a lone bounty hunter and a baby.

Judging by Rebels and the recent books, he could absolutely have an interest in Grogu.

He was defeated by a Jedi, so he's going to want to know about and/or harness their powers, since the Force is something that can muck with his plans. Also, the Chiss use Force-sensitive children to guide their warships through hyperspace.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
She does though. She goes reverse grip when she's disarmed and fights seriously.
yeah i missed that, it just the majority she fights with a normal grip style, it just feels off with the normal style, and i understand why they did that because for live action that is easier to choreograph, i just wish it was more.

P.S. i love the fact that pedro's mando gets a spear as a weapon the same weapon his "wear a helmet" meme character uses

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
This might be SUPER out there, but did we ever get confirmation that Cad Bane is dead?

I'm just thinking: who could have infiltrated the Jedi temple and stolen someone during Order 66 and there's one guy we know who's actively infiltrated high security republic targets AND stolen Jedi babies... and is a western themed bounty hunter who'd work really well in Mando.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
That dude's death had zero impact on me. He had death written all over him for so long.
Nahhhh, he had one of the most surprising and effective in SW. Especially when it was explicitly followed by the world between worlds and explicit confirmation that he and Hera had not been doing the will they won't they thing. But that they had been FAWKING. All jokes aside the entire cast of Rebels had death flags written all over them the entire time, especially as the series continued and Thrawn got introduced.

She won that fight the second she switched to her reverse grip sense.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Not sure I understand Ahsoka's objection to training Grogo (Groggo?). Din+Baby=Anakin+Padme? Or is she thinking more along the lines of Anakin and his mom? The latter would make sense, but I don't recall if Anakin ever shared all the bitter details on that one. Afaik, only Palpatine knew.
The entire attachment theme doesn't work for me cause every jedi master/apprentice should have an emotional attachment to one another

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The Empire did raze Mandalore after it openly rebelled. Wouldn't surprise me at all if high ranking Imperial officers were given trophies from the planet. It'd certainly explain why Gideon was allowed to keep the Darksaber, for example.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Twitter's trending is still full of Star Wars stuff, people are going nuts over this episode.

Deleted member 33120

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
"GUYS THE FILMOGRAPHY WAS LIKE A FAN FILM!"

hxbxvtfizt161.jpg
That weird moment when you actually prove the point you're trying to criticize.

The composition, negative space, sense of depth, and atmosphere of the Seven Samurai shot is vastly superior to the Mandolorian shot.

Also, I believe the word you're looking for is "cinematography," not filmography.