• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I grade on a lothcat scale so this ep gets an unprecedented TWO lothcats. It broke the lothometer.

Sayers

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't really like the name Grogu, but it is already growing on me, so I'll probably be fine with it in time.

Very cool episode in terms of content. Definitely felt a little bit of the awkwardness some have mentioned. Not technically savvy enough to explain why. Cut between horror style Ahsoka shots (which was a weird choice, but I didn't really have a problem with it) and completely static shots of people just looking cool for too long. Not enough to take away much from what I liked about it.

Michael Biehn was cool to see, but totally wasted. Wish he had a more substantial role.

I was really impressed by Ahsoka's appearance. Her head ... things (?) were a little smaller than I expected, and the weakest part, but still looked good. Much better than the prequel trilogy makeup for the various aliens in my opinion. I thought her performance was good, too.

I actually do have a lore concern with Grogu, now that I think about it. He just seems super inconsistent. Like, he is an alien, we can handwave it all away. But he is 50, has had multiple teachers with the force, but he is the equivalent of an actual child. So unless we are talking water wings, shallow end of the pool lessons it just seems off to me. Even an explanation that his kind is very force sensitive and needs to be raised around Jedi to make sure they stay out of trouble until they are old enough for actual training would work for me.

Thrawn name drop was awesome. I would like him to be involved somehow, but I feel like they don't want to take the big bad away from Gideon, so the speculation of a backdoor for another series is probably rightt.
I was thinking the same about the headtails but I assume it was probably a concession they had to make for the action scenes.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
They had to give Grogu a name because all the merch just says 'the Child' and retailer just call him Baby Yoda anyways.

Funniest thing this ep is the captioning immediately switching to 'Grogu' but Din Djarin or w/e is still, always, 'The Mandalorian'.
The captions will tend to use how others refer to him, since he's pretty much never called Din in the show then he'll still be The Mandalorian.
It could be kinda confusing otherwise for the hearing impaired to refer to him otherwise, since there isn't always a clear indication he's talking either.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
It's possible all these of these shows will connect eventually on some level
And I hope not, because these 'all is connected'-style of writing can lead to weak storytelling. Stories can't stand on their own anymore, and the connection becomes more important than the drama. It's often also straightly aimed at the audience, in stead of at the characters. The connections becomes the point. This show already suffers from it (I muttered 'oh come the fuck on' in dutch at 'Where is Admiral Thrawn?'). In stead of emotional beats for the characters, we get 'reveal' beats for the audience

So let that Obi-Wan series please be just an Obi-Wan on Tatooine looking out over young Luke series

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
only going to read the replies to my question as to not spoil myself before i watch this going to bed.

please tell me Ahsoka reveal is amazing

Shaoran Hyku

Aug 6, 2020
I liked the episode, but Ahsoka's montral and lekkus are too short, I guess to look better in live action and let Rosario act better, but... I don't like them.
And Ahsoka goes to do a lot of flips and cool movements to lost a lightsaber against a normal person (Is trained but she can defeat Vader come on).
I hope the Ahsoka series is CGI.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
And I hope not, because these 'all is connected'-style of writing can lead to weak storytelling. Stories can't stand on their own anymore, and the connection becomes more important than the drama. It's often also straightly aimed at the audience, in stead of at the characters. The connections becomes the point. This show already suffers from it (I muttered 'oh come the fuck on' in dutch at 'Where is Admiral Thrawn?'). In stead of emotional beats for the characters, we get 'reveal' beats for the audience

So let that Obi-Wan series please be just an Obi-Wan on Tatooine looking out over young Luke series

I'm a bit worried about that, too. I know a lot of fans prefer that style of storytelling, but I've really enjoyed Mando's relatively narrow focus until now. I tend to like the rambling, monster-of-the-week style episodes, and hope the show doesn't become so heavily bogged down in interconnected lore that I have to watch and read a dozen other series just to derive a strong emotional attachment to it.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
ahsoka said she only knew another one like him

and im likeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, was that a mistake or did yaddle died by the time ashoka started her training?

Yaddle stepped down from the Council and removed herself almost entirely from Jedi affairs after the Battle of Naboo. Ahsoka would have been about four years old when that happened so it's entirely possible she just never encountered Yaddle.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I'm a bit worried about that, too. I know a lot of fans prefer that style of storytelling, but I've really enjoyed Mando's relative narrow focus until now. I tend to like the rambling, monster-of-the-week style episodes, and hope the show doesn't become so heavily bogged down in interconnected lore that I have to watch and read a dozen other series just to derive a strong emotional attachment to it.
After TLJ and TROS and the sequel trilogy in general and everything about it... I honestly don't give a shit.

Give me more fanfic story-telling!

...I'll see myself out.

Oct 25, 2017
Yaddle stepped down from the Council and removed herself almost entirely from Jedi affairs after the Battle of Naboo. Ahsoka would have been about four years old when that happened so it's entirely possible she just never encountered Yaddle.

What if she removed herself because she had Grogu?

Filoni is such a madlad he created Grogu to bring back Yaddle

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
That reminds me, I thought Ahsoka's explanation as to why she couldn't train Grogu was perfect. Really was not expecting such a well-reasoned stance, that explained why the status quo is maintained.

Anakin callbacks are always real gud.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But it definitely seems that a Jedi will be there next episode or why else would she not just train him there, seems like an obvious new story arc

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit worried about that, too. I know a lot of fans prefer that style of storytelling, but I've really enjoyed Mando's relative narrow focus until now. I tend to like the rambling, monster-of-the-week style episodes, and hope the show doesn't become so heavily bogged down in interconnected lore that I have to watch and read a dozen other series just to derive a strong emotional attachment to it.
Exactly! I like it for the Star Wars fun and I do like me some lore, but the balance here is - like not uncomon with Filoni - way of. Lore should support the story, not be the story.

I had this issue already with the first season, where the 'drama' seemed to be more centered about 'showing Mandalorian culture' than you know... a character. This season has gone all in with the cameo's and namedrops and I just sigh...

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Filoni really just greenlit his Rebels sequel in live action.

He did that shit and no one was able to stop him.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
What if she removed herself because she had Grogu?

Filoni is such a madlad he created Grogu to bring back Yaddle

Grogu would have been born 9 years before the Battle of Naboo, so that doesn't quite match up. We still don't know what happened to Yaddle after that other than a vague vision Vader has in a comic book a couple years ago. Could be she was responsible for rescuing Grogu from the Temple during the attack in RotS.

I still hold to the theory that Grogu is a creation of the Sith through the midi-chlorians. Hell, it's entirely possible that Yoda's species hatches from eggs, which would make it even easier for Grogu to have been "seeded" by Plagueis and Palpatine's messing about and then the egg "found" by the Jedi after some anonymous tips from Sheev. Having a long term Trojan Horse in the Order would have been a pretty solid and in-character plan for Sidious, but then Anakin came along and proved way easier and faster to manipulate.

Oct 27, 2017
a86d829d-4393-4917-aqwkxb.jpeg

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Totally off the wall unlikely to happen idea here but I wonder if they'd have baby Yoda hidden by Ahsoka from Gideon in the world between worlds, go back to the past in the time of the ancient Mandalorians, and come back older

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Grogu would have been born 9 years before the Battle of Naboo, so that doesn't quite match up. We still don't know what happened to Yaddle after that other than a vague vision Vader has in a comic book a couple years ago. Could be she was responsible for rescuing Grogu from the Temple during the attack in RotS.

I still hold to the theory that Grogu is a creation of the Sith through the midi-chlorians. Hell, it's entirely possible that Yoda's species hatches from eggs, which would make it even easier for Grogu to have been "seeded" by Plagueis and Palpatine's messing about and then the egg "found" by the Jedi after some anonymous tips from Sheev. Having a long term Trojan Horse in the Order would have been a pretty solid and in-character plan for Sidious, but then Anakin came along and proved way easier and faster to manipulate.

Anakin could be the response of the force for plageuis and sidious creating Grogu

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really happy that we learned so much info these past two episodes.
However, I'm bummed that we won't see Ashoka again this season. I was really hoping she'd be there for the last 3.