• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There's a dumb YouTube video on the previous page with a crackpot theory that Mace survived basically so Boba can kill him to avenge Jango. Ignore it.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
For those complaining about the direction chalk that up to Filoni. Remember he's still new to directing live action stuff. So of course it's not gonna be as good as a Favreu or Taika directed episode.

To be fair he improves with each outing, even if he's still not fully there yet.

But c'mon you can feel him smiling like a kid in every shot. He put his whole heart in it for better or worse lol

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe something from leaks or something. Would be cool (if true) if people would fucking spoiler tag that shit then.
I've been following the leaks (barely anything) and there's been nothing mentioning Mace Windu don't worry. Only plot details that leaked were of tonight's episodes a few days ago.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
So, that means Ezra >>>>>>>>> All Jedi
shannon-sharpe-cigar.jpg

RobotsAnger

Oct 29, 2017
As a non-clone wars fan, I wasn't as excited as the rest of this forum seems to be. This episode felt extremely small scaled and the choreography during the action scenes seemed really poor. It might actually might be my least favorite of this season. The story beats seemed like it should work on paper but something just felt off during the whole time watching it.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Game of Thrones was over-produced garbage from season 5 onward, in my honest opinion.
To be fair in terms of scale, Game of Thrones really nails it for a TV show.
This is something Mando still lacks, and it's something I want to see in the future.
I kinda get it, Mando is written as a western so it makes sense it is the way it is.
But with the things they are building up in season 2 so far, it's going to be hard to not call them out on this issue once Moff Gideon's army comes to play once more.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
To be fair in terms of scale, Game of Thrones really nails it for a TV show.
This is something Mando still lacks, and it's something I want to see in the future.
I kinda get it, Mando is written as a western so it makes sense it is the way it is.
But with the things they are building up in season 2 so far, it's going to be hard to not call them out on this issue once Moff Gideon's army comes to play once more.
Sadly, we haven't had that "largeness" in Star Wars since the prequels and TCW.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
For those complaining about the direction chalk that up to Filoni. Remember he's still new to directing live action stuff. So of course it's not gonna be as good as a Favreu or Taika directed episode.

Oh yeah, it isn't fair at all to compare Filoni to some of the other, far more experienced directors they've had. He has a lot of potential, but it can be a little jarring to have such wildly different directing styles between episodes. He just needs to inject a little dynamism in his shots, the way that Taika and even Peyton Reed were able to. I like that the show is giving opportunities to talent like Filoni and Bryce Dallas Howard (and frickin' Carl Weathers) to help them learn the ropes, even if sometimes it leads to a little inconsistency in the show's style.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Theres an Obi Wan show coming next year
I know. Not what I was referring to. I though the user I replied to thought Obi-Wan might be the one to come look for the child when he connects to the Force in the temple.

But apparently it's speculated Obi-Wan is the one to save the kid from the temple and that the series will tie into that. And I hope the fuck not, lol

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Y'know, shoutout to villager man. Dude was looking after kids and was even going to charge the genocide squad, unarmed, until Mando showed up. He's the real hero of the ep.
honestly, with all these Clone War era Jedi surviving, it makes Luke being the only Jedi in the original OT ridiculous. I can see Ahsoka because she left the order, but Mace is pushing it a bit far.
I dunno I think it honestly works. In Rebels they showed that Jedi aren't extinct but actively hunted/suppressed by Inquisitors so they could be abducted into the Sith. It's not that there are *no* Jedi, the Empire just wants you to think so.
I know. Not what I was referring to. I though the user I replied to thought Obi-Wan might be the one to come look for the child when he connects to the Force in the temple.

But apparently it's speculated Obi-Wan is the one to save the kid from the temple and that the series will tie into that. And I hope the fuck not, lol
The timelines don't match up. Mandalorian is set post-Return of the Jedi, after the fall of the Empire.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

i really dont think so, because it would be stupid to obi to think Luke or Leia are the "only ones" who can save the galaxy, knowing grogu is somwhere

Oct 25, 2017
I am so excited for people to watch future episodes of Mando and see people who never watched any of the animated series go "WTF? FORCE WHALES?"

Oct 27, 2017

It's possible all these of these shows will connect eventually on some level

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Y'know, shoutout to villager man. Dude was looking after kids and was even going to charge the genocide squad, unarmed, until Mando showed up. He's the real hero of the ep.

I dunno I think it honestly works. In Rebels they showed that Jedi aren't extinct but actively hunted/suppressed by Inquisitors so they could be abducted into the Sith. It's not that there are *no* Jedi, the Empire just wants you to think so.

The timelines don't match up. Mandalorian is set post-Return of the Jedi, after the fall of the Empire.
No, the poster was talking about when Grogu was secreted away from the Jedi Temple. This was presumably decades before Mando. Likely EP3 or so. So could be a secret Obi-Wan mission.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, alright. Hmmm... Maybe I should tell the mods not to change my name?

RatskyWatsky Hey, could you perhaps give it some time before you give me approval to change my name to "Comrade Grogu"? Thanks.
holy shit this happened in like 30 seconds
No, the poster was talking about when the child was secreted away from the Jedi Temple. This was presumably decades before Mando. Likely EP3 or so. So could be a secret Obi-Wan mission.
Whoops sorry, I was not following the quotes enough. My bad!

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
No one is going to know Grogu is baby Yoda's name just based on your user name/avatar imo

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
i really dont think so, because it would be stupid to obi to think Luke or Leia are the "only ones" who can save the galaxy, knowing grogu is somwhere

Exactly. That's why I definitely hope not.

I know. But The Child was saved from the temple during ROTS, so people can speculate Obi Wan saved him from the temple.

The Obi-Wan series is a prequel.

I know, see above. This was exactly what I answered to the first user I reacted to, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I didn't really like the name Grogu, but it is already growing on me, so I'll probably be fine with it in time.

Very cool episode in terms of content. Definitely felt a little bit of the awkwardness some have mentioned. Not technically savvy enough to explain why. Cut between horror style Ahsoka shots (which was a weird choice, but I didn't really have a problem with it) and completely static shots of people just looking cool for too long. Not enough to take away much from what I liked about it.

Michael Biehn was cool to see, but totally wasted. Wish he had a more substantial role.

I was really impressed by Ahsoka's appearance. Her head ... things (?) were a little smaller than I expected, and the weakest part, but still looked good. Much better than the prequel trilogy makeup for the various aliens in my opinion. I thought her performance was good, too.

I actually do have a lore concern with Grogu, now that I think about it. He just seems super inconsistent. Like, he is an alien, we can handwave it all away. But he is 50, has had multiple teachers with the force, but he is the equivalent of an actual child. So unless we are talking water wings, shallow end of the pool lessons it just seems off to me. Even an explanation that his kind is very force sensitive and needs to be raised around Jedi to make sure they stay out of trouble until they are old enough for actual training would work for me.

Thrawn name drop was awesome. I would like him to be involved somehow, but I feel like they don't want to take the big bad away from Gideon, so the speculation of a backdoor for another series is probably right.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
When I went to see Solo on opening day and the theater barely had any people, my favorite moment was hearing the audible confusion of people who had no idea the guy with the Lightsaber was Darth Maul, and people not even sure if it was him.

I love when the animated shows get validated.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so in terms of Directors if Robert Rodriguez doesn't take next weeks episode then it will be the last one.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
They had to give Grogu a name because all the merch just says 'the Child' and retailer just call him Baby Yoda anyways.

Funniest thing this ep is the captioning immediately switching to 'Grogu' but Din Djarin or w/e is still, always, 'The Mandalorian'.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
When I went to see Solo on opening day and the theater barely had any people, my favorite moment was hearing the audible confusion of people who had no idea the guy with the Lightsaber was Darth Maul, and people not even sure if it was him.

I love when the animated shows get validated.
And people told me that TCW would be forgotten and would never penetrate the live-action content...