• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
There a lot of good stuff in this episode, but at the same time there's a lot of meh stuff in this episode too imo.
I think it has to do with Filoni's directing decisions.
A lot of slow moments felt kinda draggy and dull.
And the lack of music in those slow moments feel like it takes me out of the show for some reason.
It just felt off.

There was definitely some "off" moments with the direction, mostly whenever there was an action scene in this episode. I know they can't exactly do movie like choreography for this show, but the "stealth" Ashoka did looked kinda off and very slow. The idea is she is supposed to be moving quickly, but the direction makes it look like she is slowly shuffling around.

But GROGU though

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There was definitely some "off" moments with the direction, mostly whenever there was an action scene in this episode. I know they can't exactly do movie like choreography for this show, but the "stealth" Ashoka did looked kinda off and very slow. The idea is she is supposed to be moving quickly, but the direction makes it look like she is slowly shuffling around.

But GROGU though

she looked sometimes like the killer in scary movie running off the scene

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
There a lot of good stuff in this episode, but at the same time there's a lot of meh stuff in this episode too imo.
I think it has to do with Filoni's directing decisions.
A lot of slow moments felt kinda draggy and dull.
And the lack of music in those slow moments feel like it takes me out of the show for some reason.
It just felt off.

I'm with you. The story beats were interesting, but the action and the direction were a little...static? I suppose is the word I'm looking for. I didn't get as emotionally invested in the episode as I hoped, and I think it was because of the pacing and the relative lack of tension. I'm glad to see that other people are seeming to enjoy it more than I did, however.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Holy shit they wasted absolutely no time from bringing in Ahsoka to name dropping f'i Thrawn. I thought he would happen, but I thought it would be another couple seasons!

Better bring back Lars!

Live action Ahsoka and Thrawn. Nuts.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Filoni just took over Star Wars just like that.

All according to the plan. The only plan.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
There was just a lot of scenes that felt like they dragged and the action scenes lacked any real energy or propulsion.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Going through this thread I must be the only one who seriously rolled his eyes at 'Where is Admiral Thrawn'

I loved the Japanese garden samurai fight and overall okay with this episode (it got some time to breathe at least)

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This episode was 9.9/10

I only wish they had more time/budget for some of the action, but it got the job done.

Sayers

Oct 28, 2017
"Who do you think will win? Your side or mine?"

Probably the one who dueled Darth Vader and lived.

Excellent episode. I thought Rosario Dawson made a pretty good Ahsoka even if the voice wasn't quite right but not much you can do about that.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
The action was definitely a little slow. It felt like her head piece made movement difficult or it was just not the best action choreography. The pace of the overall episode was kind of flat throughout.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada

But GROGU though

Agreed there was something off she moved very slowly like as if they ment to speed up the footage in post but didnt? I really don't know how to explain it other then that.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the effects looked really bad though ngl...it was the first episode that I thought looked like a TV show.

FutureLarking

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Solid 4/10 for me. I don't think the drab, lifeless environment helped it in my book. I'd rank it as the weakest of the season so far. It has Ashoka... but replace her with a new stealthy character instead and it probably would have been more fun.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
So I guess this confirms that Ahsoka found Ezra or at least Thrawn post-Rebels. And then Thrawn escapes from capture, and now Ahsoka is still on the hunt for him. I wonder if we will see all these events in the rumored Rebels sequel or in something else like the rumored Ahsoka series.
One piece of speculation I've seen is that the Rebels ending is post-Mandalorian. Which makes a lot of sense to me.

She went searching for Ezra and could never find him, and is now searching for Thrawn. It won't be Luke or anyone that reaches out to Grogu, but Ezra--and that will lead directly to the Rebels finale.

In Filoni I trust.

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
I'm surprised at how "TV" this series looks compared to something like Game of Thrones. Netflix had the same issue with The Witcher. Some of the effects are great while others are mediocre and it really clashes. That being said, I very much enjoyed this episode. Incredible to finally see Ahsoka in live action, not to mention the name drop of Thrawn.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
For those complaining about the direction chalk that up to Filoni. Remember he's still new to directing live action stuff. So of course it's not gonna be as good as a Favreu or Taika directed episode.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I'm surprised at how "TV" this series looks compared to something like Game of Thrones. Netflix had the same issue with The Witcher. Some of the effects are great while others are mediocre and it really clashes. That being said, I very much enjoyed this episode. Incredible to finally see Ahsoka in live action, not to mention the name drop of Thrawn.
Game of Thrones was over-produced garbage from season 5 onward, in my honest opinion.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder when we will see Ezra turn up. I like the connecting of all the various SW narrative threads but none of the currently announced SW live action shows excite me.