• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
For those of you who aren't familiar with Ahsoka and don't have time to watch 3000 hours of Clone Wars and Rebels to get caught up before the next Mando episode, Star Wars Explained posted this awesome video giving a good recap of her character's story up to this point. Spoilers for Clone Wars/Rebels:

Damn it, Lucas broke into ILM again and started changing shit already.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How sure are we that it's tonight? Seems more likely we'll get two more episodes of Mando helping Ewoks with clearing out empire-aligned womp rats to get some map to find Ahsoka's exact house or something so they'd save the reveal for the finale. But who knows.
It's Filoni's episode. That's all I have to go on but all I need is a little glimmer of hope. I can wait if it isn't tonight.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of voice. I wonder if the original VA will do ADR throughout. They had Sam Witwer reprise his voice in Solo.

So it's a definite possibility.

Ashley said she wasn't involved a while back, so I think it'll be Rosario. She's a bigger name. It wasn't like people were wed to Peter Serafinowicz as Darth Maul...

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Almost Ahsoka time! I usually watch the episodes the following morning, but I'm definitely not waiting for this one.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
CW first-timer watching note: General Grievous is too cartoony for the Star Wars universe, especially as a major antagonist. Nothing I've seen him in has redeemed him. His best depiction is in the 2D Clone Wars show, but the design plus the voice takes me out of the show a bit. He's only slightly above Jar-Jar in the "characters I wish weren't in Star Wars" list.

Man, TCW really shows how the jedi dropped the ball in dealing with him. They had the perfect jedi master to take him out and it almost happened too

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this episode doesn't let us down on the Ahsoka part. I trust Dave Filoni with my life.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Filoni probably pitched this chapter as the backdoor pilot for the Ahsoka tv series. So its probably going to be a big one.... I think.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
is it wrong that i want George Lucas to somehow do another remaster of RotS with added scenes to make it more cohesive with TCW

hm?
Ahsoka is one of the voices in the ending sequence of Rise of Skywalker. To the naysayers, AKA the people who said the lame "cartoon-only character" could never be big enough to hit mainstream / live-action Star Wars, a voice cameo didn't count.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ahsoka is one of the voices in the ending sequence of Rise of Skywalker. To the naysayers, AKA the people who said the lame "cartoon-only character" could never be big enough to hit mainstream / live-action Star Wars, a voice cameo didn't count.
To be fair, it really doesn't count -- and I say that as someone who loves Ahsoka. Putting her (and Kanan's) voices in there was just to throw a bone to the animated series fans. They blend in with the sea of other voices (some of which are truly random Jedi from the prequels). For the average person it doesnt matter who they are/they don't know, for the fans of TCW and Rebels it's a cool easter egg. But it's not like they were legitimately shown, talked about, or acknowledged in any way.

Ahsoka actually appearing on screen in live action is a whole different thing -- and if it happens tonight it will absolutely be breaking a certain kind of barrier between the animated series and the live action productions.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, it really doesn't count -- and I say that as someone who loves Ahsoka. Putting her (and Kanan's) voices in there was just to throw a bone to the animated series fans. They blend in with the sea of other voices (some of which are truly random Jedi from the prequels). For the average person it doesnt matter who they are/they don't know, for the fans of TCW and Rebels it's a cool easter egg. But it's not like they were legitimately shown, talked about, or acknowledged in any way.

Ahsoka actually appearing on screen in live action is a whole different thing -- and if it happens tonight it will absolutely be breaking a certain kind of barrier between the animated series and the live action productions.
Oh I agree completely, but I also had a very literal bet with a friend who said she would never appear in anything live action. To those terms, it counted. Considering impact and fandom as a whole? Tonight is really what we've been waiting for. Hopefully!

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Ashley said she wasn't involved a while back, so I think it'll be Rosario. She's a bigger name. It wasn't like people were wed to Peter Serafinowicz as Darth Maul...
That could just be her not breaking NDA though. After all this character was never officially announced in any capacity.

SW belongs to Dave Filoni:

There is no reason for Kanan to be there aside from fanservice but there he is.

Last edited:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
SW belongs to Dave Filoni:

There is no reason for Kanan to be there aside from fanservice but there he is.

There's no reason for any of them to be there. It's like....the absolute peak of everything wrong with Star Wars writing right now. Here is Rey hearing all the voices of people she never met and has no relationship to, vomiting Force-isms at her, and that's how she wins. None of it makes sense except to hardcore fans going "Yeah, that's the voice of (insert Jedi here) yelling at Rey to do the Jedi thing!"

It's difficult to imagine writing a worse scene than that as the conclusion to Rey's arc, tbh.

Oct 25, 2017
so...

I've been thinking....

What if Ahsoka isn't in this episode, and it's another fetch quest Mando needs to do to get more information

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
There's no reason for any of them to be there. It's like....the absolute peak of everything wrong with Star Wars writing right now. Here is Rey hearing all the voices of people she never met and has no relationship to, vomiting Force-isms at her, and that's how she wins. None of it makes sense except to hardcore fans going "Yeah, that's the voice of (insert Jedi here) yelling at Rey to do the Jedi thing!"

It's difficult to imagine writing a worse scene than that as the conclusion to Rey's arc, tbh.
Rey genuinely turning to the darkside

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Yep Ahsoka is going to need Mando to do something for her in this episode.
I'll be shocked if they broke from this formula in this episode.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020

This is why I don't care about the writing anymore.

I'm past the point of having standards with Star Wars writing. 😅

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

the first scene with rey is literally her trying to connect with them.

the fuck you are talking about no reason for them to be there

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Imagine half an hour from now

"I was told you could help me find the Jedi"

"Ah yessa, meesa Jar Jar Binks, meesa tell you AAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL about Ani and Obi, but youssa helpa meesa first, okeeday?"

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the first scene with rey is literally her trying to connect with them.

the fuck you are talking about no reason for them to be there
If you like the movie, that's fine, but that is a big fucking stretch lol. RotS fails on just about every storytelling level. It's like the outlines of two movies smashed together into one, and then they just shot it -- without actually writing any of the scenes outlined.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
We're so close to Ahsoka omg
NUyttbn.gif

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you like the movie, that's fine, but that is a big fucking stretch lol. RotS fails on just about every storytelling level. It's like the outlines of two movies smashed together into one, and then they just shot it -- without actually writing any of the scenes outlined.

"im beginning to think it is impossible to hear the voices of the jedi who came before"

how the fuck is that a "stretch"

she literally starts the movie trying to contact them.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all seriously arguing over some petty shit, when we are about to get Ahsoka in a few minutes?