• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I like Filoni; I think he's a good prodigy for Lucas and I hope that he gets the gig to helm Lucasfilm when Kathy retires.

Filoni's just great. I had high hopes ever since I heard Favreau and him were involved. My feel is he might be more suited to some sort of top creative role. Not sure he's the guy to run the whole thing top to bottom. He wants to make stories, not run the business I think. Could be wrong though.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Tfw the episode might just end like this:
htc1taqmga851.jpg

the level of shitposting would be amazing

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I better hear the word midichlorians uttered, I ain't bout this cowardly M-word crap.

Still shameful the cowards brought back Palpatine and didn't take the chance to call him Sheev.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tfw the episode might just end like this:
htc1taqmga851.jpg

the level of shitposting would be amazing

That's the season finale.

Tomorrow's episode, Mando crash lands on the other side of the planet and needs help fixing his ship, but the locals need to clear a nearby base of dark ewoks.

Next week's episode, Mando gets to the right side of the planet but only sees a note left by Ahsoka, and he has to go through a series of trials like Legends of the Hidden Temple to get to her.

The week after that is a full flashback episode of young Mando as his earliest trials to become the Mando, and then we finally get to present where Ahsoka turns her head and we wait until next year for her to talk.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"So you want to bring Maul back?"

Dave: "Yes."

"And he has a brother named....Savage...Oppress?"

Dave: "Yep"

"And they'll take over Mandalore with the help of a group called...Deathwatch?"

Dave: "That is in the script yes."

"You're kidding"

Dave: "I have NEVER been more serious"
While Filoni deserves a lot of credit, many of these initial ideas were Lucas' and then Filoni just made it work. He's talked multiple times about how bringing Maul back was an idea from George (loosely based on an EU comic doing so) and Filoni thought it was stupid, and then had to figure it out. Savage Oppress is also totally a Lucas name lol.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
4Z6qhRM.gif

YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED MOFF GIDEON
How long has Filoni been playing the long game....? Considering:
white lightsaber
ahsoka-sabersjpg.jpeg

vs.

darksaber
Mandalorian-Darksaber-Gideon-featured.jpg

is a very real possibility.

While Filoni deserves a lot of credit, many of these initial ideas were Lucas' and then Filoni just made it work. He's talked multiple times about how bringing Maul back was an idea from George (loosely based on an EU comic doing so) and Filoni thought it was stupid, and then had to figure it out. Savage Oppress is also totally a Lucas name lol.
Fair point, they did want darth icky at one point.

Oct 25, 2017
There should be a series that explores the void people are teleported to when they fall from a certain height in the Star Wars universe.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
That's the season finale.

Tomorrow's episode, Mando crash lands on the other side of the planet and needs help fixing his ship, but the locals need to clear a nearby base of dark ewoks.

Next week's episode, Mando gets to the right side of the planet but only sees a note left by Ahsoka, and he has to go through a series of trials like Legends of the Hidden Temple to get to her.

The week after that is a full flashback episode of young Mando as his earliest trials to become the Mando, and then we finally get to present where Ahsoka turns her head and we wait until next year for her to talk.

You son of a bitch

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Ahsoka has to be one of the most beloved Star Wars characters, yeah? I never see any negative discourse around her (barring early Clone Wars, supposedly).

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Filoni's just great. I had high hopes ever since I heard Favreau and him were involved. My feel is he might be more suited to some sort of top creative role. Not sure he's the guy to run the whole thing top to bottom. He wants to make stories, not run the business I think. Could be wrong though.
Guess we'll see how it goes.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
Ahsoka has to be one of the most beloved Star Wars characters, yeah? I never see any negative discourse around her (barring early Clone Wars, supposedly).
Her character development from being an annoying ass kid in early CW to the one of the most m-fing badass Jedi's in the entire saga is probably the reason people like her the most.
For me the realization of Ahsoka's development into a great character was the episode where she and younglings fought side by side and that moment i was like: Man, she is just GREAT. She's in my Top 5 list of fav. Star Wars characters.

To be fair, Savage Opress doesn't sound that bad when your other villains are called Grievous, Sidious and Tyranus (at least with this one, they realized sticking with Dooku is a much better idea.)

Last edited:

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She was an obnoxious 10 year old and it drove people crazy. They did a fantastic job with her character as she grew up though. She developed into her own even as she was Anakin's apprentice.

Oct 27, 2017
Besides Obi-Wan I find I don't really connect strongly with any main Star Wars characters from the movies

But Ahsoka and Kanan are GOAT SW characters to me

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
There was some of that, but IIRC a lot of it was complaints about her being an annoying kid, and also her calling Anakin "Sky Guy".
She didn't receive the same amount of effort from those groups because it was a very different time and clone wars didn't get it's groove on for awhile. And nerds genuinely didn't freak out about women/go full incel energy anywhere near as often. It's crazy to think about but it's been 12 years since we were introduced to Ahsoka.

As a first time CW watcher, I don't view Ahsoka as a Mary Sue at all. Just an eager kid.
I remember SW fans being really pissed about her surviving against Grievous. That was when I first noticed it.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I hated Ahsoka for at least the first year not gonna lie. I'm able to go back now and be OK enough with her early episodes knowing how her character developed.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
She didn't receive the same amount of effort from those groups because it was a very different time and clone wars didn't get it's groove on for awhile. And nerds genuinely didn't freak out about women/go full incel energy anywhere near as often. It's crazy to think about but it's been 12 years since we were introduced to Ahsoka.

I remember SW fans being really pissed about her surviving against Grievous. That was when I first noticed it.

I think Grievous sucks, so I'm cool with it. LOL

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I have no hype rn and I'm okay with that bc then it will be organic in the episode.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
you guys I'm so hype for tonight's Mando

😬
I'm freaking out. So many people told me this would never happen. So many. They wouldn't concede when her voice was in the movie that shall not be named, but in a couple hours they'll never be able to shut me up again. The best Star Wars charachter from the best Star Wars content finally hits the big stage. We did it. We won.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I'm freaking out. So many people told me this would never happen. So many. They wouldn't concede when her voice was in the movie that shall not be named, but in a couple hours they'll never be able to shut me up again. The best Star Wars charachter from the best Star Wars content finally hits the big stage. We did it. We won.
Speaking of voice. I wonder if the original VA will do ADR throughout. They had Sam Witwer reprise his voice in Solo.

So it's a definite possibility.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

How sure are we that it's tonight? Seems more likely we'll get two more episodes of Mando helping Ewoks with clearing out empire-aligned womp rats to get some map to find Ahsoka's exact house or something so they'd save the reveal for the finale. But who knows.