• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
t's disingenious at best to say people were hating on some choreography error in the lightsaber fight. I mean, maybe some people were, but I can just about guarantee it was just an extra complaint on top of a ton of other stuff.
Once again, that's the guy's point.

If those people liked TLJ then they would've looked at that guy being slightly late for his cue in the choreography and not cared about it. They might think it's funny and charming but because they disliked it then they latched on to it and complained about it nonstop. It's not disingenuous at all to say that that choreography got criticised to hell and back. Literally every frame, and I do mean that, has been complained at by people and not even a tiny amount of people. By a lot.

He's pointing out how little pointless things are perceived by how much you like or dislike the show.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If those people liked TLJ then they would've looked at that guy being slightly late for his cue in the choreography and not cared about it. They might think it's funny and charming but because they disliked it then they latched on to it and complained about it nonstop. It's not disingenuous at all to say that that choreography got criticised to hell and back. Literally every frame, and I do mean that, has been complained at by people and not even a tiny amount of people. By a lot.

He's pointing out how little pointless things are perceived by how much you like or dislike the show.
I don't deny that if people decide they like or don't like something it will amplify their general feelings about small details, but I guess my point is that I think complaining about the choreography was confined to a small niche... like I never even have seen those complaints until you just brought it up, and I'm pretty hooked into the Star Wars discourse. Previously I had noticed just about everyone being happy/fine with that lightsaber fight as a set piece even if they had issues with the movie in general. I mean... it's a really good fight. Its biggest weakness is probably that it immediately subverts the subversion that causes it to exist and resets things to the status quo, but that's a story decision.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I guess my point is that I think complaining about the choreography was confined to a small niche... like I never even have seen those complaints until you just brought it up, and I'm pretty hooked into the Star Wars discourse
I've seen it brought up literally thousands of times.

There's a reason that guy's tweet got 3.6k likes.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Well, I think we can all agree that TLJ was a good but flawed movie. #TheEnd #FactualOpinion #NoMoreToSay #Twitter

:)

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
I mean, both of those things were also shallow, yes. Exposition dumps should always be avoided unless absolutely necessary. At the end of the day that's just a plot/backstory injection rather than an actual scene between characters.

I genuinely don't know why some of y'all watch Mando. Which I know is hypocritical given I watched Lost weekly just to complain about it, but still.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely don't know why some of y'all watch Mando. Which I know is hypocritical given I watched Lost weekly just to complain about it, but still.
I do still enjoy the show, and the Star Wars franchise in general. Some people here seem to only deal in black and white, handle only hate or praise. There's a middle ground that can and does exist for most things. I want the show to be better than it is. That doesn't mean it isn't a fun thing to turn your brain off to for 30-40 minutes each week.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
my youtube has a lot of videos about Mandalorian plot leak, is there actually a real leak or is it fake? I tried to avoid them, but I've seen some of the photoshopped thumbnail, and it's pretty crazy...

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver

Hell, fucking A New Hope has a Stormtrooper banging his head on a fucking door. Nobody tries to dismantle the merits of the entire movie because of it, nor should they.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What would Ahsoka say to Mando?

Would they talk about:
-The Jedi Order and why she ain't in it
-Order 66
-The world between worlds
-Her new timestaff ;P
-Luke Skywalker

Like what's the conversation gonna be about? High-level or just scratching the surface

The first thing Ahsoka is going to tell Din is that the Jedi are gone so there's no point looking for them. They were wiped out at the end of the Clone Wars, which she might actually express surprise that Din didn't already know since the Empire wasn't exactly coy about the fact that the Jedi were heretical treasoners and were destroyed because of it.

She won't take the Child, though. As far as I'm aware she never trained anyone after she left the Order and I don't see why that would change just because the Empire fell. She didn't leave the Order because of the Empire, she left because of the Jedi.

Ahsoka may know where Luke or Leia are, since it'd be weird as heck if she never met them either during or after the original trilogy, but can you really see Din travelling deep into New Republic space so he can drop off a kid to Leia?

Either way, one thing is for certain - Ahsoka directly intervened when Inquisitors tried to kidnap Force-sensitive babies in Rebels so, if she finds out Gideon is trying to take the Child, he is totally screwed. I don't know how Ahsoka will react to the Darksaber (although that would be a nice way to get Ahsoka and Bo-Katan meeting again after twenty five years), but she basically fought against the Empire since day one and there's no way she's going to let Gideon continue to run around if she finds out about him.

my youtube has a lot of videos about Mandalorian plot leak, is there actually a real leak or is it fake? I tried to avoid them, but I've seen some of the photoshopped thumbnail, and it's pretty crazy...

Leaks for this show are very few and far between, especially since the stage they use to film it is very enclosed. We still don't even know what Ahsoka looks like and I'm pretty sure there were no leaks about Bo-Katan's appearance either.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
LF should really hire this dude:

Enmy0LUXYA8KL4R

EnbfF5HXMAADFiY

Grayonx

Banned
Oct 15, 2020
I've never seen the Clone Wars or any of the animated Star Wars tv shows, ive only seen the Star Wars movies so im not familiar with the wider universe stuff.

As i understand it Bo Katan and Ahsoka Tano were all in the Clone Wars Show which is pre Episode 3.

The Mandalorain is after ROTJ some 35+ years later after the Clone Wars right?

So are Bo Katan and Ahsoka Tano 20 years old in Clone Wars and 50+ years old in The Mandalorain?

I might have this all wrong but clarification would be appreciated

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
I've never seen the Clone Wars or any of the animated Star Wars tv shows, ive only seen the Star Wars movies so im not familiar with the wider universe stuff.

As i understand it Bo Katan and Ahsoka Tano were all in the Clone Wars Show which is pre Episode 3.

So are Bo Katan and Ahsoka Tano 20 years old in Clone Wars and 50+ years old in The Mandalorain?

You're pretty much spot on

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand

28 year pass since clone war end/empire born.
starwars.fandom.com

9 ABY

The following events took place in or around the year 9 ABY, also known as 3286 LY according to the Lothal Calendar and year 7986 in the C.R.C. calendar. The galactic recession is underway. Din Djarin finds Grogu on Arvala-7 and escapes Nevarro with the child, beginning a life-changing journey...

darkhunger

Oct 28, 2017
USA

Ahsoka will be 45 in the Mandalorian. She was only 14 at the start of Clone Wars. Both her and Bo Katan also play key roles in Star Wars Rebels which took place before and concurrently with the original trilogy, and they were in their 30s.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jumping into this thread is so confusing at this point lol. I don't even know what people are arguing or pissed off about, but if it's really the fact that a dude in jeans was in a shot - that's pretty sad. That sort of stuff happens in the best of the best of stuff.

Bring on more episodes, I'm really enjoying the show and so is everyone else I know.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Jumping into this thread is so confusing at this point lol. I don't even know what people are arguing or pissed off about, but if it's really the fact that a dude in jeans was in a shot - that's pretty sad. That sort of stuff happens in the best of the best of stuff.

Bring on more episodes, I'm really enjoying the show and so is everyone else I know.
something about filler
fetch quests
something about eps 7-9 living rent free

Carano is still shit though.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
something about filler
fetch quests
something about eps 7-9 living rent free

Carano is still shit though.
Meh to all those things lol. It's enjoyable and fun and really that's all I need Star Wars to be.

Yeah, can't disagree about that. I enjoy her character enough, but it's hard to ignore what she's like IRL.

Hopefully they write her out somehow.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought the first few S2 episodes were really fun but the latest episode felt like a step back into the inconsistent quality of S1.

The action in the first 2 episodes was pretty inspired, but this episode we're back to a few "shot-reverse shot" battles in here. Mando & Co are sharpshooters with their blasters when they need to be but can't hit 2 Imperial weenies standing at a podium before they shoot out the computer. Greef Karga is better at shooting canyon walls than anything else.

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
I never understood why in the star wars universe specifically #1 they don't believe in guard rails (I love that they poked fun at that too) and #2 why they put critical controls on the BACK side of a pillar with the tiniest catwalk.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
So here's an interesting theory..

And yes, it sounds doofy on the surface, but by the end I was sold and think it'd be a neat way to tie up things.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any news whatsoever about the episodic soundtrack releases?
EDIT: Never mind, found it. 9-12 came out as a collected S2V1 release a few days ago.

Last edited:

Stone Dudeman

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably nothing ... but if their was anyone who'd show up for an episode or two just because they thought it be funny it's Sam Jackson.

Still probably nothing.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
tvline.com

The Baby Yoda Question No One Seems to Be Asking — Theories, Have You?

"Mandalorian" fans want to know Baby Yoda's real name, and species, and where he came from. We have another unanswered question, though.

Why had the Child been secreted away — or perhaps abandoned, purposely or not — inside that Arvala-7 encampment in the first place?

That in turn begs its own follow-up questions, such as: Who was tending to the 50-year-old lad during his time there? And while the Nikto mercenaries were determined to fight off/kill any who came seeking the Child, why did none of them turn in the clearly valuable bounty themselves?

🤔

Oct 25, 2017
México
So, I have a question.

Are planets in the Star Wars universe smaller than regular planets like the ones here in the Solar System (Earth for example).

Because I clearly remember the lady mechanic showing Mando the planet in an hologram, and then pointing their current location and then another location, and Mando goes to that location using a bike.

I mean... Did he travel half planet in the bike?

Oct 25, 2017
After Darth Maul, I am ok with Filloni bringing any character from the PT back because even though the reasoining of his survival was "literally too angry to die" Darth Maul is the best fucking thing in Clone Wars and Rebels.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
So, I have a question.

Are planets in the Star Wars universe smaller than regular planets like the ones here in the Solar System (Earth for example).

Because I clearly remember the lady mechanic showing Mando the planet in an hologram, and then pointing their current location and then another location, and Mando goes to that location using a bike.

I mean... Did he travel half planet in the bike?
Vehicles in SW move much faster than vehicles in real life. I can't even fathom how a planet like Coruscant functions.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Mandalorian turning into "look! Boba Fett! Mace Windu! Star Wars!" would be the lamest shit. Keep introducing new characters. Din, Gideon, The Child, Greef... all good shit.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I will never understand why people are happy with characters returning after they died.

I don't care how many missed opportunities the death created, this is something that happened and a death should not be retconned. A good writer should be able to tackle that death and be able to tell new things anyway. In life, people die, leaving lots of relationships hanging.

Like, did people ever want
Rob Stark to come back from the dead just to get its revenge?

Boba was already too much, they better not go any further.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Mace is a dick I don't want him to come back. Sam Jackson can come back to voice an alien that would be awesome.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Maul surviving led to some of the best stories and scenes in the series so can't say I care if other characters come back if it leads to some good stuff.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Mandalorian turning into "look! Boba Fett! Mace Windu! Star Wars!" would be the lamest shit. Keep introducing new characters. Din, Gideon, The Child, Greef... all good shit.

I guess they already brought back Maul before, so Mace wouldn't be entirely surprising. And Maul did have some good parts after you get over how he came back. Still, surely Ezra is more likely to show up right? I mean, you would need to bring back Mace, get Samuel l jackson to do more than a voiceover, explain how someone so powerful did nothing for so long and have him killed again. I would rather have a spin off covering Ashoka and Sabine looked for Ezra.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Maul surviving led to some of the best stories and scenes in the series so can't say I care if other characters come back if it leads to some good stuff.

Don't you guys want deaths to have meaning? Where is the sense of urgency if any dead character can then be brought back two years later in another media?

This trope of bringing back characters (in superhero shows or fantasy stories) is really tiring to me. And actually, this is a good reason to make me turn it off.