• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
Mando is the worst dad. "A baby can hotwire a ship. Right? Hey baby! don't touch those two wires together!"

Baby Yoda - "I don't know what the hell you're saying! I'm a Godman baby! What happens if these wires t-AAAAAHHHH!"

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mando is the worst dad. "A baby can hotwire a ship. Right? Hey baby! don't touch those two wires together!"

Baby Yoda - "I don't know what the hell you're saying! I'm a Godman baby! What happens if these wires t-AAAAAHHHH!"

The Child is literally the worst. Little shit is eating babies and stealing Oreos and I love it. 🤣

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
The end credits theme and the concept art are my two favourite aspects of this show.
mandalorian-episode1-conceptart2-700x292.jpg

mandalorian-episode3-conceptart1-700x350.jpg
Same. The concept art is so so good. I was just talking about this with my wife tonight. It would be so great if they were exactly able to deliver that vision.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't feeling the first half of the episode, but once they escaped the base I had a blast. That entire chase sequence was fun, and I absolutely loved the shot composition when the Razor Crest did that mid-air u-turn. I just wish the TIE fighters weren't quite so incompetent. :D

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Not as consistently good as the other episodes, but everything past the reactor self destruction was fun. I'm so glad my kid is a toddler during this because Baby Yoda's actions keep mirroring a lot of his behaviors.

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
The base infiltration felt like the opening level to Jedi Outcast in so many ways and I am here for it. This episode had a ton of deep cuts to those games that I'm also here for and this slow drip feeding of references to the Sequel trilogy dot joining it basic but satisfying.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020

He is literally the best and worst dad of all time!

Also, do we know baby yoda's sex?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
The stormtroopers randomly crashing on their speederbikes in the beginning of the chase scene was the funniest shit I have ever seen in SW lmaooo

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I wasn't feeling the first half of the episode, but once they escaped the base I had a blast. That entire chase sequence was fun, and I absolutely loved the shot composition when the Razor Crest did that mid-air u-turn. I just wish the TIE fighters weren't quite so incompetent. :D

Yeah this episode got a little too close to the Rebels issue of Stormtrooper incompetence ruining the drama/fun of things. I think it was just due to the fact there were so many action and chase scenes that the stakes against Stormtroopers could only last so long. Clone Wars got around it by having a larger cast and bigger army so a couple good guys could bite it too to beef up the drama. It was still pretty darn fun though.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I always used to think Kyle Katarn finding Luke in Jedi Outcast was like Logan finding Xavier in X-Men.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The entire time they were sneaking around the base, hiding from Stormtroopers, I was thinking, "Why? They're just Stormtroopers."

Yeah, my brain hasn't been to recognize them as a threat in a very long time, and I'm kinda bummed by that. The scene where the two dudes in uniform who shot the panel when the party arrived was more interesting than any shootout, chase or dogfight with a stormtrooper.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed this, although it was the weakest episode so far I think.

I don't get why they called it the Siege though, there was no siege, just an infiltration and sabotage mission.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this the first time we see characters mentioning midi-chlorians in the new canon (outside of the prequel trilogy)?

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like people complaining about the structure of the show just want the show to be something different from what it is. In a way it's a perfect callback to the origins of Star Wars, being an "adventure of the week," serialized sci-fi show. I feel like people are expecting something more like an 8 hour movie, when that's not what this is.

Also, regardless of what you think of the show, I think the ending
was an amazing way to tie the show to the ST. It's scary to know that if those really were Snoke clones, Gideon probably succeeded somehow.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
This was the first episode of season 2 that I didn't really enjoy. I wanted more substance and story about the lab and what was taking place there. More...narrative.

Instead of giving us more of that we got like 10+ minute chase scene, which was pretty dull and replete with very trite attempts at comedy.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Not as consistently good as the other episodes, but everything past the reactor self destruction was fun. I'm so glad my kid is a toddler during this because Baby Yoda's actions keep mirroring a lot of his behaviors.

Yup, plus the cloning stuff.

All after the reactor was good shit.

still though, it's like I'm watching an uncharted game but every time it gets to some really cool info, it immediately goes to action sequence/chase scene. You have to allow time to chill on the narrative, the cloning stuff is insanely interesting and it's an oh shit moment that gets immediately trashed by a escape and chase scene.

not Everything has to be Michael bay

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
How come they have macarons in star wars. It's a very specific earth thing.
Since this is set a long, long time ago I think we now have to think of those as officially an ancient alien thing...

Is it possible Dark Troopers were responsible for killing the Mandalorians in S1?

Stormtroopers straight up suck at their jobs.
Throw enough of something at something else and eventually the something else will be overwhelmed. It's like how I can take on a single bee by myself and be fine but over 100 of them and I'm fucked.

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
lol dude really said "Nah I really need to get on the road" and didn't even bother to land to say bye.

Even Mando doesn't give a shit about these characters.

Oct 25, 2017
Alright ... some one explain to me the test tube dudes...?
not explained yet in any detail, some experiment they're doing using the blood of a force sensitive (baby)
trying to artificially create force sensitives? sith cloning? but so far all theyve managed to pump out are abominations it looks like
but like
what if they're making snoke (well, trying. unsuccessfully so far)

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Were the Sith Eternal outsourcing their clones? I bet they told Palpatine they did it all inhouse.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
not explained yet in any detail, some experiment they're doing using the blood of a force sensitive (baby)
trying to artificially create force sensitives? but so far all theyve managed to pump out are abominations it looks like
but like
what if they're making snoke (well, trying. unsuccessfully so far)
Haha thanks.. So this is the end game? Baby yoda vs. Empire clone yodas?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
vlcsnap-2020-11-21-00xzjjk.png

Hello good sir, my daddy did not pack me any snacks today and I'm very hungry.

pls gib oreo cookie

CeramicDragon

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Orange, CA
The chase scene as straight out of squadrons cutscene. This show is a video game and I like it!

I don't understand how they sneak into a base that large without anyone noticing.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The chase scene as straight out of squadrons cutscene. This show is a video game and I like it!

I don't understand how they sneak into a base that large without anyone noticing.
They were starting to notice, but Mando & co. beelined for the security office or w/e and took control, disabling cameras and such. Wanna say that was the first thing they did after breaking in.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there's much they can do in terms of character development so long as they continue to hamstring themselves with the length of the episodes. You can't cram in that, action, episode set ups, etc, in 30-40 minute chunks. I have to imagine the show eats quite a bit of the budget, too, but at this point it's the only thing keeping Star Wars alive.

I really hope they find a way to expand to 50-60 minute episodes. I think doing so would allow them to expand the characters in ways everyone might expect, but it might also be beyond the scope of the show.