• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I thought that episode was really cool, Carano aside. Some fun OT-esque action and the lore reveals were WILD. I've accepted this show isn't about character development and that it's just an excuse for random action and lore drops each week, and in that respect, it's a fun time.

This is probably a good approach to take with this show at this point. Heh.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
I know this is probably overstating it...but Star Wars focusing on interconnected media with character and story crossovers is the best thing to come out of the Disney purchase. I fucking love it.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Dark Troopers!!!!!!!!
And that weird experimentation tease!

Otherwise it was just... fine? The geography confused me. So there was an imperial base just hanging out a few miles away? Or is there a time/distance jump we're not aware of (since didn't they say it'd take a few weeks to fix the Crest?).

Hopefully the next four episodes are all pay-off. We now have Gideon, retaking Mandalore, the Child's origin, Dark Troopers, proto-Snoke, Cara maybe rejoining the Republic, Boba Fett, Ashoka, etc all up in the air. Obviously there's more seasons, but still.

Everyone saw the IG-11 statue, right?

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's this confirmed?
Filoni writing and directing Chapter 13 was confirmed a while ago.

Rick Famuyiwa was confirmed to be writing Chapter 15 and we know he's returning to direct an episode so it's probably that one.

That leaves Rodriguez and someone else to direct the other two written by Favreau. I thought Favreau said he was only directing one episode but it must be him.
Finally! A Marshal's Tale is so good.

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Baby Yoda staying hungry is one of the best things about the series. Kid should have shared his space macaroons.

Speeder bikes are some of the best tech Star Wars has come up with, they sound really cool as well.

I know we can't see his face, but Mando has to have a frustrated face every time someone asks him for help again.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the next four episodes are all pay-off. We now have Gideon, retaking Mandalore, the Child's origin, Dark Troopers, proto-Snoke, Cara maybe rejoining the Republic, Boba Fett, Ashoka, etc all up in the air. Obviously there's more seasons, but still.
Yeah that definitely is not all happening this season unless the show suddenly changes its format. Some of those balls may be pushed forward a bit more, others we won't see again until season 3. It's clearly just how the show is rolling.

Ahsoka is a given and I think it is safe to say Gideon will be in at least one, probably more, of the 4 remaining episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if Cara and Greef are done for the season, or if whatever they are doing with Boba Fett doesn't come to fruition until next year. Retaking Mandalore and finding out more about the child's origin also seem like super long ball end of the series things, apart from Ahsoka obviously recognizing he is like Yoda -- which is bound to happen.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Yeeeah booooiiii Dark Troopers!

Give me my Kyle Katarn and I'll forgive Rogue One not being the story of Kyle being a badass and getting those Death Star plans!

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that was a completely soulless and boring episode in a series filled with a lot of barebones plot focused episodes. It was all action with zero tension because they've leaned hard into making Stormtroopers jokes.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Just watched it. Fun episode, though slightly annoying that we still haven't moved past what was teased in the first episode.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Mando is largely a flat character, but I foresee changes coming. You can already see it in the way he cares for The Child.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
It's supposed to be an "adventure of the week" kinda show.
After every episode it'll be the Child and Din being together again, after having faced some sort of quest/monster/enemy before. There not being character development is a feature, not a bug so to speak

i think it's trying to do both. din has developed as a protagonist since ep 1. it's just that din isn't all that interesting by himself.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This episode, and especially that ending, were setting up the Cara series with her and the New Republic.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
On one hand, I totally get the western thing and how Mando isn't particularly trying to be a character focused show.

On the other hand, I do think other modern series have done a great job at doing a similar monster of the week format while putting character first. Like Doctor Who. The thing is, in DW you've got the dynamic between the Doctor and the companion. Here, not only is the lead character always masked and rarely showing emotion, the other lead is a baby. Which inevitably results in weekly supporting characters like Cobb Vanth being more interesting.

Still, I'm enjoying the show for what it is. First episode of the season is definitely my favourite still.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
This show is absolutely handicapping itself by not letting mando take off his helmet..

I mean its Pedro Pascal under there.

Oct 27, 2017
This problem of the week approach seems to work nicely. Mando and his buddies could become something like an A-Team in Space, helping local people tackling issues.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
It's supposed to be an "adventure of the week" kinda show.
After every episode it'll be the Child and Din being together again, after having faced some sort of quest/monster/enemy before. There not being character development is a feature, not a bug so to speak
A good adventure of the week show has development though. The hero mighr not change, but people around him do or the adventure has a theme and morale.

The problem with Mando isn't it's serialised design. It's that it doesn't have interesting characters nor interesting character dynamics. Nor has it weekly themes to explore. Stuff just happens because of plot, not because of story. That's a huge bug so to speak.

Mando is flat as hell (and unrelatabke due to the mask), which makes it difficult to contrast him with other characters to create fun dynamics and conflict. Baby McGuffin's main traits are 'he's cute' and 'he is always hungry'. That last joke got old already and leads nowhere at all (it had some potential when he ate the eggs, but stayed a joke. Now we got an extended scene abiut blue cookies that was staler than real blue-molded biscuits)