• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Outside of heavily featuring Gina, I'm not sure what the fuck y'all got against this episode. Don't even really know what some of you want anymore. We just hit a serious plot development so it's not even the typical "filler!" nonsense.

Mando didn't turn the child over to Luke, so it's filler, apparently.

I did find Mando just leaving halfway through a bit odd. He wanted to make sure Baby Yoda was safe right?

Even though Gina sucks irl I did like what they were doing with her character and Cara's final moment felt very somber in a good way.

Yes.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
So from here on, we are in uncharted territory right?
All the footages in trailers and tv spots are now shown I think..

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of heavily featuring Gina, I'm not sure what the fuck y'all got against this episode. Don't even really know what some of you want anymore. We just hit a serious plot development so it's not even the typical "filler!" nonsense.
The show is still missing just straight up characters talk to other characters scenes that aren't directly about "we need to do this now for the plot". You know, character development. The closest we got was the X-wing pilot talking to Cara at the end of the episode. There needs to be WAY more of that, and preferably involving the actual main character we spend time with on a weekly basis.

Having the episode tie into some sort of overarching plot and seeing that advance is a good thing, but it doesn't inherently make the episode great just because it features that whereas many previous episodes didn't at all. That's like, a low bar to hurdle. It has nothing to do with something being "filler" (which is dumb to say about anything) or not.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Baby Yoda stuff was all A+++

Rest was kind of meh. Action didn't really do it for me, though I was glad to see Carson Teva again. I liked the Razorcrest vs. TIEs moment.

I also thought they were doing a weird Snoke thing but later dialogue made it seem more like they were testing a baby yoda cure on people that were diseased and it went real bad?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Truthfully, I'd probably not still be watching the show if it wasn't for Baby Yoda shenanigan scenes.
I can't imagine only watching the show for those, especially given they've created an excuse to put him out of 90% of the episode for 3 out of 4 of the episodes this season now. You're lucky to get maybe 2 minutes total an episode of his antics.

Oct 25, 2017

drax-invisible.gif

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I can't imagine only watching the show for those, especially given they've created an excuse to put him out of 90% of the episode for 3 out of 4 of the episodes this season now. You're lucky to get maybe 2 minutes total an episode of his antics.
I mean while I'm being honest, I mostly zone out now during the rest of the scenes, most of the important story stuff are in the last few minutes of each episode, so I'll pay attention to that.

If this was a 50-minute an episode show and had more than 8 episodes, I'd probably not be watching, but for 30 minute background viewing with some fun Baby shenanigans it's an easy enough watch.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the lab scene again and I am 80% sure they are trying to do blood transfusions from baby yoda to give people force powers. Seems like Gideon wants to get the force.

"I fear that the volunteer will meet with the same regrettable fate if we proceed with the transfusion."

Though "the volunteer" might not be Gideon, I guess.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Sooo "I'll help you out a lil ... but you gotta do something completely unrelated for me" is just the core to every episode?

Also feel kinda stupid that they're trying to inject the force into people/ clones with blood infusions but IDK how that works so ehhhhhh.
This is why they are having problems. The force don't that way and never will. But Gideon don't know that.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
This is why they are having problems. The force don't that way and never will. But Gideon don't know that.
I mean, didn't Episode 1 firmly establish that you can see how much Force has from blood counts? It's not unfeasible that the Force could and should work like this.

Deraldin

Oct 25, 2017

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they eventually made Snoke, right? And his Force powers were no joke.

Of course, that was the Sith Eternal, so maybe that's an entirely different track.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I watched the lab scene again and I am 80% sure they are trying to do blood transfusions from baby yoda to give people force powers. Seems like Gideon wants to get the force.

Though "the volunteer" might not be Gideon, I guess.
Only 80%? They pretty much literally said it outright lol.

Gideon might eventually volunteer himself, but the armor sets at the end pretty much spell out his plan is to make an army of force wielding troopers under his command.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoyed it overall but having an ep focused on paper-thin sidekicks was a drag. Like, Greef Karga and the blue guy didn't exist except for their relation to Mando and they both felt really flat, to the point of not existing. Cara Dune was also really thin but she at least has the ex-Rebel thing going on, which the show capitalised on in the very end. (I love that New Republic pilot. He rocks!)

Best part of the ep? The complete soul harvest of stormtroopers going on; the amount of good screams we got--including a real, honest to god wilhelm scream--was wonderful., plus all the footage of them going down. (And don't look at me like that. Stormtrooper deaths are an art. And this episode understood that.) And of course, everything involving Baby Yoda was as good as always; really enjoyed all the little bits with him this ep. Really appreciate that someone saw the wire bit in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and realised, "no, I can do better".

So yeah overall it's a good EP. Better than most of S1 but below the rest of S2, I'd say. The mystery of the Imperial installation and Moff Gideon's Dark Troopers are intriguing and it feels like the whole show has been building to the next ep, so I'm wildly excited for it.

And typing this all up, it just hit me. The most damning thing about Greef, blue guy, and even Cara Dune is that the Frog family's struggles in the last three eps set up a much higher-stakes, more compelling, and more impactful story arc than anything these Important Named Characters have had happen in a season and a half. I'll remember the Frogs, but not them.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only 80%? They pretty much literally said it outright lol.

Gideon might eventually volunteer himself, but the armor sets at the end pretty much spell out his plan is to make an army of force wielding troopers under his command.

You're probably right, though it does seem strange to make reference to single volunteer if the end goal is an army. I dunno.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The dark troopers at the end look almost like droids to me rather than organics, they have like robot hands and in the shot of Gideon looking up at one looks like it has a spine going up into the helmet.

But who knows, maybe it's just the stand the armor is hanging on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Wow. Maybe I'm just too hungover, but I fucking hated that episode. Like, hated. The humor was greatly unfunny, the action bit off way more than it could chew resulting in some lol worthy effects (the lava), the lighting made everyone look like plastic action figures, the thing was heavy on Sequel fanservice and seems to be setting up Snoke instead of just ignoring that shit and letting it stay in its lore held together by sticky tack, gum and paper mache, the acting was wooden, it's missing Mando for like 70% of the episode. Like, what the fuck. Last week was incredible. Did they blow the budget?

Also, I'm starting to become concerned about the scope of this show. Ahsoka, the Darksaber, Mandalorian cults, the resurrection of Boba Fett, setting up the sequels and possibly Snoke, delving into the Yoda species lineage. That's a fuck of a lot to juggle for what has mostly been a fun Space Western serial about Mandalorians, and I'm concerned that yet again Disney is putting the cart before the horse here.

I still have faith in Favreau and Filoni, only 2 of 13 episodes being bad is not bad by any means, but I think they may need to dial back on the ambition here.

Edit: I stand by my assessment but the version I watched was incorrectly color graded. They fixed and it looks much better.

Last edited:

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That was the weakest episode so far. Everyone felt very bland and while we got genuine good character moments in the last few episodes it all felt very flat here. Just plot driven not character driven.
Still it was alright and the developments in the lab are certainly something else. So Filoni brings back one of the most hated things in Star Wars, the Midichlorians.
I'm certainly intrigued by the idea. Gideon wants to enrich the M-count in someone's blood with the help of the child to create some super force users? Or possibly some sort of androids?
It's an interesting development. I like it. It certainly makes much more sense for them to hunt down the child. Interested where this'll go.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That was kind of boring outside of Baby Yoda continuing to be cute as hell. Also fuck Gina.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Even tho Carano sucks, Carl Weathers still did a OK job directing imo. My least favorite chapter of the season.. like a 6/6.5 outta 10 midichlorians.

edit: anybody noticed the IG-11 statue? Where the fuck is the Kuiil statue!?

Last edited:

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
That sure was an episode with stuff in it. By far the most forgettable of the season, although what's-his-face the fish guy was a nice surprise.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I would guess some sort of Force using Dark Trooper. All part of greater experiments I am sure as not even Palpatine is able to get the process perfected.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I mean, theoretically, if midicholorians are in the blood stream, you could give someone force powers if you took someone with a high enough m-count, and did a blood transfusion.
I mean, didn't Episode 1 firmly establish that you can see how much Force has from blood counts? It's not unfeasible that the Force could and should work like this.
What I'm saying is that the knowledge of the force does not come with the blood transfusion. And that's probably why Gideon has failed to this point, that and incompatibility? There's no one around with the knowledge and as we can see it'll take more than just a blood transfusion. Hence enter Ashoka?/

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Curious to see what happens as Mando is tracked down. Will Bo Katan return? Boba Fett? Who knows. I am worried about the Child, though. I feel like this season may end on a sad note, like him being captured by Giddeon at the end.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Curious to see what happens as Mando is tracked down. Will Bo Katan return? Boba Fett? Who knows. I am worried about the Child, though. I feel like this season may end on a sad note, like him being captured by Giddeon at the end.
They're not killing off their cash cow, he has plot armor for decades if not centuries.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
I really do not care for any of the 3 side characters focused on in this episode, and I really hope that we don't see too much more of them. Cara is just so boring I can hardly focus on her scenes

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
It feels like they went backwards this episode. They brought back old characters despite not having any reason to, which is a big mistake.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So from here on, we are in uncharted territory right?
All the footages in trailers and tv spots are now shown I think..

Yes, unless they hit us with some kind of mid season trailer, which, given that these episodes are releasing each week without a break, I doubt will happen. Not that we need any more hype at this point.