• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Man, all these talk about Bo Katan, Ahsoka and Rex... Mandalorian is kinda turning into an live action sequel to the Clone Wars / Rebels . What a time to be alive!
I'm preety sure that season 2 will end with a Thrawn tease.

As much as I love seeing characters from Clone Wars and Rebels, I hope those characters are utilized sparsely in the Mandalorian. I can easily see Disney corporate meddling/Kathleen Kennedy forcing the producers to have these characters put more on the spotlight and overshadow Din and the Child.

Love to see more of these characters but in a different live action series if making them a center point in a story.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Really curious to see what Star Wars will look like 5 years from now. Hope we have some of the Rian Johnson trilogy out by then, and that we're in season 2 or 3 of the Obi-Wan series.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Really curious to see what Star Wars will look like 5 years from now. Hope we have some of the Rian Johnson trilogy out by then, and that we're in season 2 or 3 of the Obi-Wan series.
I'm sure I'll hop right aboard the hype train as soon as details or a trailer emerges on the next big Star Wars movie, but I'm absolutely loving seeing this universe fleshed out through a TV series. I feel like the Mandalorian has done more to flesh out the Star Wars universe than any one movie out of the main 9 has ever been able to do. I don't really have any interest or desire to see the next Star Wars movie, because I feel like the future of the franchise is in these television series.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I love seeing characters from Clone Wars and Rebels, I hope those characters are utilized sparsely in the Mandalorian. I can easily see Disney corporate meddling/Kathleen Kennedy forcing the producers to have these characters put more on the spotlight and overshadow Din and the Child.

Love to see more of these characters but in a different live action series if making them a center point in a story.
However much these characters appear, I think it's essentially a guarantee that it is entirely due to Dave Filoni (and Jon Favreau, who is a fan of The Clone Wars) and has nothing to do with any corporate meddling whatsoever.

In the next five years... probably at least 4 live action series beyond The Mandalorian, two animated series (one being the Bad Batch) and at least two feature films.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
However much these characters appear, I think it's essentially a guarantee that it is entirely due to Dave Filoni (and Jon Favreau, who is a fan of The Clone Wars) and has nothing to do with any corporate meddling whatsoever.

In the next five years... probably at least 4 live action series beyond The Mandalorian, two animated series (one being the Bad Batch) and at least two feature films.

Oh, I just looked up what The Bad Batch is. Says it's scheduled for release in 2021. Cool.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I just looked up what The Bad Batch is. Says it's scheduled for release in 2021. Cool.
Yup. Spin-off from the first arc of The Clone Wars season 7, set after the Empire has taken over. Should be interesting. They haven't officially released anything from the show yet, but I believe it was tentatively supposed to start airing in the spring, so barring COVID delays we will probably start hearing things after Mandalorian is done since it will be the next Star Wars thing to promote.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sleepy. I want to watch but unsure if worth waiting just 30 more min when I have a long day tmrw. Hmm

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Spin-off from the first arc of The Clone Wars season 7, set after the Empire has taken over. Should be interesting. They haven't officially released anything from the show yet, but I believe it was tentatively supposed to start airing in the spring, so barring COVID delays we will probably start hearing things after Mandalorian is done since it will be the next Star Wars thing to promote.
did we ever find out how involved Filoni is

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Hope this episode will at least be serviceable with a little bit of surprise...
Seeing Greef and Cara again isn't particularly exciting imo.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
did we ever find out how involved Filoni is
He's an EP, and presumably involved at least a little creatively, but the showrunner is Brad Rau, who worked on Rebels and Resistance.

EDIT: In the PR that announced the show there was also this statement:

our partnership with the groundbreaking storytellers and artists at Lucasfilm Animation is only beginning. We are thrilled to bring Dave Filoni's vision to life through the next adventures of the Bad Batch."

So it seems it is very much "Filoni's vision".

Oct 25, 2017
I was excited for this from the second the last episode ended but suddenly tonight I had an "eh" feeling.
Guess its just my expectations setting themselves low, I absolutely love Carl Weathers but them letting him direct this episode I don't expect much from it.

Edit:
Actually I see he directed an episode of Hawaii Five-0 I think I really liked so im holding out hope.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was excited for this from the second the last episode ended but suddenly tonight I had an "eh" feeling.
Guess its just my expectations setting themselves low, I absolutely love Carl Weathers but them letting him direct this episode I don't expect much from it.

Edit:
Actually I see he directed an episode of Hawaii Five-0 I think I really liked so im holding out hope.
Don't worry too much. Generally directors on television don't really make that much difference. Especially on a series like The Mandalorian where they all collaborate together. Even in normal circumstances, the DPs are consistent and know how the show is shot, so even if the director of the week "fucks up" they basically have safety bumpers. It's pretty common for regular actors in a series to eventually direct an episode (or several) if they feel like they want to try their hand at it. It's not a big deal.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty common for regular actors in a series to eventually direct an episode (or several) if they feel like they want to try their hand at it. It's not a big deal.
Didn't know that. I had mixed feelings but overall liked how they had different directors each episode.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Midi-chlorian reference with "m count?"

This is all related to resurrecting Palpatine isn't it...

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Speeder bikes going down the hill was the coolest part to me. Good episode, with some good lore reveal w The Child. M-count is a hell of a way to say midichlorians without vomiting.
Carl Weathers you've impressed the hell out of me.

Oct 25, 2017
That ending...
BoldAnnualGemsbuck-max-1mb.gif

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
So those were Snoke clones right?
Overall cool action set pieces for this episode.
Enjoyed it more than episode 2, but Episode 1 and 3 remain the best.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Man that was great. Possibly the best episode this season. The bit at the beginning with the child was really funny. The action was great, the humor was actually funny, and no genocide. Except of the clones.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
My initial thought was a Snoke connection, but the ending implies Gideon is trying to create his own Force-wielder army. It could connect later, but I think this is strictly Imperial remnant scheming and pet projects.

That said, the New Republic agent is also pretty heavily hinting at being aware of the First Order forming, so it could still be (indirectly?) connected.

Edit: also no, they're not "afraid" to say or "avoiding" saying "Midichlorian", let's not go down the "Disney pretends the prequels don't exist" conspiracy route again, lol. They're deliberately making Midichlorians an important plot element.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I totally miss the fact that they brought up Midichlorians again...
Isn't this going to piss off hardcore Star Wars fans?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
My initial thought was a Snoke connection, but the ending implies Gideon is trying to create his own Force-wielder army. It could connect later, but I think this is strictly Imperial remnant scheming and pet projects.

That said, the New Republic agent is also pretty heavily hinting at being aware of the First Order forming, so it could still be (indirectly?) connected.

Reminds me of the Reborn in Jedi Outcast!

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Outside of heavily featuring Gina, I'm not sure what the fuck y'all got against this episode. Don't even really know what some of you want anymore. We just hit a serious plot development so it's not even the typical "filler!" nonsense.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was an odd episode. Probably my least favorite of the season so far.

It had good direction from Carl Weathers and plenty of set pieces, as is now expected from this show. Also they seem to be ramping up some sort of serialized story, two weeks in a row even, which is good.

But it felt like this episode barely featured either of the two main characters in lieu of focusing on Carl Weather, Gina Carano, and the blue alien. Very odd. Especially since I don't find Gina Carano a particularly good actress (and that is the controversy surrounding her aside), or the character of Cara particularly interesting. Still, it is good to have more actual people to bounce off of, and more characters beginning to reocurr more frequently.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Sooo "I'll help you out a lil ... but you gotta do something completely unrelated for me" is just the core to every episode?

Also feel kinda stupid that they're trying to inject the force into people/ clones with blood infusions but IDK how that works so ehhhhhh.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked that one. Felt very different from what we've come to expect, much more of an OT feel I think.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I did find Mando just leaving halfway through a bit odd. He wanted to make sure Baby Yoda was safe right?

Even though Gina sucks irl I did like what they were doing with her character and Cara's final moment felt very somber in a good way.