• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
watch robert rodriguez direct, compose, edit and do the cinematography of his own chapter.

and tie SW to the Spy Kids franchise

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
The absolute worst thing about this season is LF not releasing the soundtrack with each chapter release.

blehhhhhhhh

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good episode in so far are getting some fucking lore and plot moving, still mediocre character and thematic wise. Bo-Katan in live action was nice, it was also cool seeing a more "regular" Mandalorian who doesn't hold to all that honor crap and really is just as selfish and dishonest as anyone else. However, Katee Sackhoff didn't feel like Bo-Katan. I love her ever since BSG, but her portrayal didn't match up with Bo's in Clone Wars. Bo-Katan like rarely smiles in Clone Wars, she all serious and shit. Still, the fact that she goes back on her word with Mando is on point for her character.

I'm hoping we get more into these Mandalorian politics as it's far more interesting than anything else. I honestly hate how Rebels tried to whitewash Bo-Katan, that bitch should never rule Mandalore. She fucking betrayed her sister causing her summary execution. And she only betrayed Deathwatch because her boyfriend lost in an absolutely fair fight to the death. After his loss she's suddenly like, "nah, I don't support this, let's rebel." Fuck you, backstabbing kinslayer.

But I digress, it's going to be interesting how Ahsoka is dealt with as I don't see why she wouldn't immediately take Baby Yoda off of Mando's hands.

Side Notes:

-A much better directing job for Bryce, honestly did a double take when I saw her name as her first episode was bad.
-A wild Titus Weller appears, I guess all the Deadwood cast is getting in.

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I enjoyed the glimpse into how radical Gideon's Imperial remnant is. You had to admire the officer's commitment haha. Gideon clearly gives no fucks. Blows the client and his troops away in Season 1 and now this.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, I think at this point they could even include yellow exclamation marks above the Quest givers for Mando.
It all feels so contrived and constructed how he stumbles from quest to quest. Some of the writers really loved their linear Video games.

This type of storytelling is very old, much older than videogames. It goes back to mythology and the Hero's Quest stuff that Lucas was influenced by when creating Star Wars. Mando has to rise to challenges. It's video games that took this from mythology, they didn't invent it.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Wait so am I getting this right: at the end of Rebels, Bo used the darksaber to unite Mandalore and we were left to believe that she succeeded.

...now it turns out Moff Gideon stole it after the purge? And Bo is after it to unite Mandalore for the third time?

Also where is that MUSIC. Those fight scene tunes were godly.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
So we're probably getting Sabine next season and Ezra the season after right?

Really enjoying this, a little bit of delight at the end of each working.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so am I getting this right: at the end of Rebels, Bo used the darksaber to unite Mandalore and we were left to believe that she succeeded.

...now it turns out Moff Gideon stole it after the purge? And Bo is after it to unite Mandalore for the third time?

Rebels ended like a year before ANH so its likely Bo-Katan lead an all out war against the Empire that failed, Gideon got the saber and Mandalorians splinterd across the galaxy.
The Empire was developing anti-Mandalorian weapons, Sabine destroyed hers but its possible they remade it or others made another.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

LOL, you know I wasn't even thinking about the timeline correctly. I somehow got confused and thought this was before Rebels. But, you're absolutely goddamn right, the shit is beyond screwy. Dumbass Bo was fucking given the Darksaber in Rebels toi re-unite Mandalore after she was the one that caused it to breakup into civil war. Bo finally leads a war against the Empire. Fails? Mandalorians are crushed, again, and she loses the Darksaber, again. Now, she's trying to seat herself as Mandalore, again, because she keeps fucking up.

Someone please stop this woman.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
This episodes are just way too short. It was a good episode but i leave feeling empty After a lot of these episodes. They're lacking.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
This all makes me wonder how the current storyline fits with the Rebels epilogue.
Did Ahsoka come back with Sabine after finding Ezra or has that Rebels epilogue scene hasn't happened yet in the shows current timeline?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Her episode in season one was literally the only episode with meaningful character work and a slower, character-focused pace, though.
I don't really agree with that at all. It had character work, compared to most of the episodes which had none, sure -- but it wasn't meaningful or anything special/good.
I love this show but the plot is way to convenient.

Mando doesn't even know Moff Gideon is alive from the last season, right?

It's kind of a weird setup because we as an audience know he's alive and has the Darksaber but Mando doesn't.
It is weird, you're right, but it is helped by the fact that Mando doesn't actually give a shit about either Gideon or the Darksaber (at least for now). We the audience care, but they are tangential to his mission of getting the child to the Jedi. Assumedly these will all converge (hopefully before the end of the season) and then become the primary plot, but we're not there yet, so it's fine that Mando is disjointed in this way.
Gonna watch all the seasons of Clone Wars and Rebels before next Friday. IT'S POSSIBLE.
I haven't watched the clone wars or Rebels but watching this ep and it was amazing.

All in was thinking was who are these absolute bad asses helping out Mando?

I need to watch the seasons on D+? Is there any order? Clone the rebels? Is there a clone wars movie too?

There's various orders out there but any will work for you. From second half of season 3 onward everything in the airing order is also in chronological order so you can stop worrying about it. It's really just the first two seasons. Good luck though, it's a lot to go through and the early seasons especially are hit and miss -- hope you make it through it all to get to the amazing stuff that is now well regarded.

This all makes me wonder how the current storyline fits with the Rebels epilogue.
Did Ahsoka come back with Sabine after finding Ezra or has that Rebels epilogue scene hasn't happened yet in the shows current timeline?
Come to think of it, was it ever definitive when exactly that epilogue took place? It was sometime after ROTJ... but not defined, right? Could be either pre OR post Mandalorian considering that.

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
Next weeks episode is directed by Carl Weathers so I guess it's safe to assume Mando is going to going on a side quest with the following episode directed by Filoni. So I guess that's when Ahsoka shows up.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Come to think of it, was it ever definitive when exactly that epilogue took place? It was sometime after ROTJ... but not defined, right? Could be either pre OR post Mandalorian considering that.

I don't think it was ever specified but I could be wrong. In the episode I don't think they say except that it's post-ROTJ, unless there's some background detail or apocrypha specifying it further.

It's entirely possible it's before Mando and meeting Baby Yoda gets her back to Sabine.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, it's not as if these things aren't connected. It kind of sucks to watch this, knowing that it all--New Republic, the Empire, and even Baby Yoda who never shows his face in the ST--amounts to nothing.
Mannnn that's like saying that watching the Clone Wars is meaningless because Ahsoka never shows up in the PT or OT. Good content's good content regardless of what happens later in the timeline. And it honestly makes the galaxy feel like a galaxy when everything isn't connected to everything significant.

Not with this show's writing.
......Clone Wars.....

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I have many thoughts on this episode, but most of them are some form of HOLY SHIT IT'S STARBUCK.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not with this show's writing.
Filoni was always more the visionary rather than the one who did the literal screenwriting. He didn't actually write too many episodes of Clone Wars (other than in Season 7 which he obviously had years to do). The Mandalorian is no different, where Favreau is doing most of the actual work there... and unfortunately Favreau is really not a great writer.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Favreau is responsible for the success of the show and at the same time he is holding it back lol.

Its all good tho.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Favreau is responsible for the success of the show and at the same time he is holding it back lol.

Its all good tho.
I don't really think Favreau has anything to do with the success of the show. He's a good director, but hasn't been the director of most of the episodes. He's been the writer, and his writing is subpar. The show is successful because it is the first live action Star Wars series. It doesn't matter who was helming it. I doubt most normal people are even aware of Favreau's involvement, or who he is.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
The Mandalorian storyline of the Clone Wars was absolutely one of the major highlights of the show, so much so that they concluded the show with that a borderline movie centered around that arc when they could've ended it in so many other ways.

Mhmmm, that was Clone Wars.

This is The Mandalorian which is nowhere near as good.