• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So we're gonna have a stopover episode in between this and the Ahsoka episode right?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
nmydgaiac2z51.jpg

The pop-off when I recognized Bo's helmet was great. And yeah I guess it does make perfect sense that he'd be a Death Watch boy considering who he was found by. Good job Bryce. You couldn't save Jurassic Park but you're doing a hell of a job saving Star Wars. Great episode

Also electro cyanide capsules? They really ARE nazis

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else finding the show looking really dark and flat? Like I can see the budget across both seasons, but this is the only media content I've watched on the bf's TV that we're always complaining about the colour grading and lighting. The TV is calibrated fairly well too.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
It's already known that Mando was raised by the Death Watch, not sure where the confusion is coming from.

Mando only knows what was taught of Mandalorians from a splinter sect that's more conservative and adheres to the ancient ways. He doesn't know that other Mandalorians, of which Bo Katan proudly is, do remove their helmets. So when they removed their helmets, he figured they were not Mandalorians, and thus had no information to help him in his quest. It's... really not that confusing. Especially in the first episode when that guy removed Boba's helmet and immediately admitted to not being one of his kind.
I read that as he discovered the people who took him in lied to him, and he has no time to process that now.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else finding the show looking really dark and flat? Like I can see the budget across both seasons, but this is the only media content I've watched on the bf's TV that we're always complaining about the colour grading and lighting. The TV is calibrated fairly well too.
I don't know if you're watching in HDR or not, but the show is known for having bad HDR, the only time when the brightness hits HDR levels is during the opening logos (!). I keep waiting for it to get good and I'm disappointed every episode. It's baffling that such a giant corporation as Disney can't get HDR right in one of their flagship titles. Every MCU Netflix show looks better than Mando.
They're probably blowing all their budget on VFX and figured not a lot of people are going to care about things like HDR.

If you're watching in SDR then I'm not sure what you mean.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if you're watching in HDR or not, but the show is known for having bad HDR, the only time when the brightness hits HDR levels is during the opening logos (!). I keep waiting for it to get good and I'm disappointed every episode. It's baffling that such a giant corporation as Disney can't get HDR right in one of their flagship titles. Every MCU Netflix show looks better than Mando.
They're probably blowing all their budget on VFX and figured not a lot of people are going to care about things like HDR.

If you're watching in SDR then I'm not sure what you mean.
Yep, watching in HDR. It may as well not be present.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
The Empire must have the WOAT training academy with the way Storm Troopers get bodied. Mando's must be A-class fighters in the universe though.

With the number of times Mando has been blown up, shot, eaten and so on, I think they just have god mode turned on.

Like, this episode has Mando tanking blaster fire by the barrage to toss grenades, and it makes you wonder why any of them need to take cover if beskar is so resistant to everything.

And it's been established that you can recover from traumatic, fatal brain damage within minutes with just a little spritz of bacta. So just having one mando armed with a spray bottle of bacta would make the team invincible.

Really saps a lot of the tension out of the action when the literal plot armour is so thick. Which is a pretty big problem in an action adventure show.

Oct 26, 2017
nmydgaiac2z51.jpg

The pop-off when I recognized Bo's helmet was great. And yeah I guess it does make perfect sense that he'd be a Death Watch boy considering who he was found by. Good job Bryce. You couldn't save Jurassic Park but you're doing a hell of a job saving Star Wars. Great episode

Also electro cyanide capsules? They really ARE nazis
Wow the HDR is even busted in the memes, how meta

Jul 4, 2018
Whenever a bunch Blaster Bolts come up on my OLED it almost blinds me so HDR is working on my end. Last nights sequence of the Mandos vs the Stormtroopers in particular was a lot, I was blinking profusely.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
re: the armor, is it possible that they're taking cover because they're worried about blunt force damage from blaster impacts?

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
You think Mando realized he has been with an ultra-hardcore paramilitary cult his entire life and that in no way is going to change sides in later seasons when they will get Mandalore back.

P.S. Bo fuck yes

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Bryce Dallas Howard has now directed my favourite episodes of both seasons. Although I'd be thrilled if things get even better in the next few episodes than finally seeing Sackhoff as Bo in real life and a ton of cool Mando fights + mythology + gags!

I have no idea what they're gonna do with Ashoka. Like, she KNEW Yoda, really well. She can't take the baby because that's the show, so she's going to have to just be a way point on the way to whatever's next.

I hope we don't have to wait 'too' long for Black Series figures of the Nite Owls.

Underrated moment of this episode is Baby Yoda's astonishment upon realizing that Din's helmet can come off after Bo and friends take off theirs, haha.

I didn't even see that!

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what they're gonna do with Ashoka. Like, she KNEW Yoda, really well. She can't take the baby because that's the show, so she's going to have to just be a way point on the way to whatever's next.
rolling the dice on her finessing Mando into finding Ezra. I dunno, the problem is that if she does anything other than "Oh here's where Skywalker" then she comes off as selfish and manipulative.

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
Just rewatched it now (with subtitles). She said he was 'a Child of the Watch (so not Mandalore, my bad) a cult of religious zealots that broke away from Mandalorian society'. And as part of Death Watch she was part of Mandalorian society (thanks for the memory refresher, been awhile since I saw Clone Wars). Children of the Watch don't take of their helmets apparently, Death Watch do. I think the distinction between the two groups could be pretty important going forward in the series.
He was raised by The Children of The Watch, so I'm assuming it's a splintered off group from the Death Watch or The Watch/Death Watch was a historical group that both TCOTW and The Death Watch Bo-Katan was part of decided to name themselves after. The Death Watch were already trying to bring back the warrior tradition since the Mandalorian government were moving to a more pacifistic way, so I guess at some point there was a disagreement and there were people who decided that they weren't going far enough with their dedication, thus forming The Children of The Watch. So basically Din is an Orthodox/Fundamentalist Mandalorian meanwhile Bo-Katan and her group were Traditionalist Mandalorians fighting against the New Mandalorian gov't.

Also, is this the first time that they've said "The Way" is short for "The Way of the Mandalore"? It makes sense that Din's group don't believe in taking off their helmets then, because the helmets are modeled after the aliens indigenous to the planet Mandalore (the original Mandalorians), so by not taking off their helmets they're basically choosing to disregard whatever species they are and choosing to be closer to the original Mandalorians.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we are going to see
latest

in live action.

If they ever cast Ursa Wren they should make it another Battlestar reference and cast Grace Park.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
rolling the dice on her finessing Mando into finding Ezra. I dunno, the problem is that if she does anything other than "Oh here's where Skywalker" then she comes off as selfish and manipulative.

I'm wondering if we wind up with a super low-key episode somehow. She's presumably busy looking for Ezra (I don't count out Sabine being referenced or showing up in a small non-speaking role) so maybe she's all like "I don't know the answer and am kinda busy but this is all I know about Yoda" which could extend the plot a bit since now he has to dig up records old Palps hid away from the old times.

Also, do we know one way or the other if Ashoka knows about Luke/Leia at all? Like, she probably is aware Leia exists and maybe Luke is the pilot who blew up the Death Star, but beyond that?

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Not quite:

www.starwars.com

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Chronological Episode Order | StarWars.com

Lucasfilm presents the official sequential order for the beloved animated series, including all 121 shows and the original feature film.
Clone Wars is before Rebels. If you do watch Clone Wars, use the chronological episode order. For the first few seasons the show was envisioned as an anthology series, with episodes jumping all over, but eventually they settled on an arc-based format that progressed chronologically. There's no benefit at all to watching release order, and in fact some earlier episodes were later retrofitted into proper arcs with prequel and sequel episodes. Also the movie actually takes place a couple episodes in, but I'd the most skip-able piece of canon content there is lol.

www.starwars.com

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Chronological Episode Order | StarWars.com

Lucasfilm presents the official sequential order for the beloved animated series, including all 121 shows and the original feature film.

Additionally there's a comic (Son of Dathomir), novel (Dark Disciple), and unfinished arc (Crystal Crisis), that all represent un-produced episodes that are still canon. They all slot in between seasons 6 and 7, and while not strictly required, are worth checking out if you're looking for more. And there's an Ahsoka novel that takes place between Clone Wars and Rebels that helps bridge her story in both.
Thank you, ill watch the order from the link

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
I don't know, I think at this point they could even include yellow exclamation marks above the Quest givers for Mando.
It all feels so contrived and constructed how he stumbles from quest to quest. Some of the writers really loved their linear Video games.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Between Din's encounters with Cobb Vanth and Bo Katan's group, there definitely seems to be a running theme going on of what it means to be Mandalorian and how it doesn't necessarily mean the same thing for every member of that culture; I hope we get more exploration of Din's feelings on finding out that the Way of the Mandalore that he was raised under isn't as mainstream among other Mandalorians as he might have thought. Could certainly bring some interesting dimensions to when he finally meets Boba...

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Between Din's encounters with Cobb Vanth and Bo Katan's group, there definitely seems to be a running theme going on of what it means to be Mandalorian and how it doesn't necessarily mean the same thing for every member of that culture; I hope we get more exploration of Din's feelings on finding out that the Way of the Mandalore that he was raised under isn't as mainstream among other Mandalorians as he might have thought. Could certainly bring some interesting dimensions to when he finally meets Boba...
So true!

On another note, and I'm sure this has been discussed - HOW GOOD WAS THE LIVE ACTION MANDO ACTION?!?!?! This episode was fantastic for that alone!

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, I think at this point they could even include yellow exclamation marks above the Quest givers for Mando.
It all feels so contrived and constructed how he stumbles from quest to quest. Some of the writers really loved their linear Video games.
I noticed this as well, but I'm not too bothered by it. The show's structure is one giant quest - bring the child to its kind. It makes sense that what follows would be "get to point A - find out you need to go to point B", etc. But yeah, it could be a little more organic.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who hasn't seen all the material referenced here, I'm kind of bummed by this bloodline talk, because I really liked that "Mandalorian isn't a race, it's a Creed" line.

Then again, I assume they'll play into that down the line.

What Harpoon said, I guess.

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
It was great to see Katee Sackhoff again, she's looking great. I never watched Rebels or the other CGI shows but I figured they would explain Mando wearing always his helmet as him being an "orthodox" or part of a cult.
Frankly, SW needs more of that, you can't just pretend that the entire population of a planet follows the same rules and there are no subcultures, privileged and underprivileged groups.
Also she seems cool, I like more ruthless and driven characters.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I love how that guy took the time to fix the Razorcrest's decor, straight up nautical on that mofo.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
He was raised by The Children of The Watch, so I'm assuming it's a splintered off group from the Death Watch or The Watch/Death Watch was a historical group that both TCOTW and The Death Watch Bo-Katan was part of decided to name themselves after. The Death Watch were already trying to bring back the warrior tradition since the Mandalorian government were moving to a more pacifistic way, so I guess at some point there was a disagreement and there were people who decided that they weren't going far enough with their dedication, thus forming The Children of The Watch. So basically Din is an Orthodox/Fundamentalist Mandalorian meanwhile Bo-Katan and her group were Traditionalist Mandalorians fighting against the New Mandalorian gov't.

Also, is this the first time that they've said "The Way" is short for "The Way of the Mandalore"? It makes sense that Din's group don't believe in taking off their helmets then, because the helmets are modeled after the aliens indigenous to the planet Mandalore (the original Mandalorians), so by not taking off their helmets they're basically choosing to disregard whatever species they are and choosing to be closer to the original Mandalorians.

Yeah, this is what I'm leaning towards as well, it makes a lot of sense. Wasn't Bo-Katan part of a sort of splinter group of Death Watch as well? Makes perfect sense there is one (or perhaps even several) more orthodox group. From what I've seen of Clone Wars the Mandalorians already value traditions, but it seems Mando and people from his covenant do everything according to strict, orthodox traditions. With the whole creed, following a quest, getting that rhino stamped on his pauldron, only Mandalorians being allowed to wear the armor, the whole 'this is the way stuff', of course not taking the helmet off, and probably more I'm forgetting.

Seeing how much attention there is to details and how Bo-Katan was introduced just now I'm positive they'll delve deeper into this stuff. Which is good, because the series can really use some overarching stuff in the background to tie everything together.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Bryce Dallas Howard leveled up.

Absolutely. I was the least excited for the Reed and Howard episodes, and both turned out amazing. The Heiress has some of the series' best cinematography and action sequences (plural!) I can't wait to see what Rodriguez and Famuyiwa could pull off with S2's budget.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
now that everybody is mentioning yes,

when the chapter ended and the "DIRECTED BY" came out i was like, WOOOOOOOW, you nailed it Bryce.

Oct 25, 2017
It was great to see Katee Sackhoff again, she's looking great. I never watched Rebels or the other CGI shows but I figured they would explain Mando wearing always his helmet as him being an "orthodox" or part of a cult.
Frankly, SW needs more of that, you can't just pretend that the entire population of a planet follows the same rules and there are no subcultures, privileged and underprivileged groups.
Also she seems cool, I like more ruthless and driven characters.
Thats actually what a lot of Clone Wars and Rebels dealt with
Bo-Katan's(Sackoff's character) sister
latest

was the head of Mandalore.
She believed in peaceful life, cooperation with outsiders and wanted Mandalore to grow beyond its militarized history.

Deathwatch lead by Pre Vizsla(Jon Favreau)
latest

was a terrorist group that wanted to uphold their militarized history and said they were against outsiders.
Bo-Katan was a high member and opposed her sister
Their attacks are hated but it does start to divide Mandalore.

That gets further pushed when Deathwatch conspires with an outsider to start a coup,
Bo-Katan and a decent amount of Deathwatch forcefully break off and fight the other Deathwatch segment.

Lastly you even have factions of Mandalorians openly joining the Empire,
latest

Sabine Wren was one even going to the Imperial academy until they had her develop a weapon to kill Mandalorians, she then fled and joined the Ghost crew as a weapons and explosive expert.

Last edited: