• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This also raises questions of how desperate Mando is to get the quest done that he dosnt pay attention to his surroundings and the ploy of others who wish to do him harm.

That is whats frustrating about him and makes him look like a jobber. Seriously...you are this major badges in the galaxy but dense as a fucking doornail!!! 😡😡

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Also, Bo Karan looked really young. Isn't she close to 50 around this time?
Not sure on Bo-Katan's age, but Katee Sackhoff is 40.

This also raises questions of how desperate Mando is to get the quest done that he dosnt pay attention to his surroundings and the ploy of others who wish to do him harm.

That is whats frustrating about him and makes him look like a jobber. Seriously...you are this major badges in the galaxy but dense as a fucking doornail!!! 😡😡
I think they kinda touch on this indirectly, actually. Mando's part of an extremist religious cult and he's so isolated because of this.

Like, he had to try because he had no other leads and he was bound by creed to complete his quest. Up until now he was basically a doomed warrior on a hopeless quest, that would die trying to do it. But Bo-Katan showed him that the Way is not set in stone; it's based on opportunity (which is how this whole story starts... he saves the Child).

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Were the other 2 Mandos following Bo supposed to be characters we know?
Or are they completely new characters?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The show is going hard into the Filoni-verse now, and I'm here for it. It is pretty cool to see characters that originated in the Clone Wars like Bo-Katan (and very much guaranteed now, Ahsoka) in live action.
Basically every episode so far is following the "you gotta do something for me" trope to get to the main goal.
Side quest with Cobb Vanth to get Boba's armor, side quest for frog lady to get info on Mandos, side quest for Bo and her crew to get info on Ahsoka/Jedi.
The writer needs to branch out from this kinda writing.
Favreau is not a great writer. But he's of the two showrunners and writes most of the episodes. I think you need to accept this is primarily what the show is. That said, this episode very much indicates that a serialized story is expanding and potentially will become a larger focus via both what Bo Katan and her Mandalorians are up to (After the Darksaber that Moff Gideon has so that they can reunite their people), and the revelation that our main Mando is in fact part of a sect of religious zealots who broke off from the main Mandalorians.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Glorious that they are not just leaning into Filoni verse any more but are just completely going to submerge into it is nothing short of the best decision the series could have gone. Let this be the start of the follow up from Clone Wars and Rebels. The simple off-handed comment from Bo-Katan that Mando was a child raised by the Watch, simply provided the answer as to why all of sudden it seemed there was a retcon on Mandolorians not taking off their helmets and provides a likely a significant hint into where the Mandolorian clans are currently at and will likely be significant in upcoming episodes or seasons.

Hats off to a great episode.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Extremely impressed with how well this translated to live-action.
ml4bguamzyy51.png
re4h5qdmzyy51.png

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently, if the episode doesn't involve him handing the kid over to Luke, it's a filler episode.
This was the least "filler episode" of the entire series too. Like this is the one episode where there really started to be a sense of an overarching larger narrative. If people call even this a filler... lol.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
This was the least "filler episode" of the entire series too. Like this is the one episode where there really started to be a sense of an overarching larger narrative. If people call even this a filler... lol.

It literally has a major cameo, and people go "filler. Side quest. bored. And so short too."

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It literally has a major cameo, and people go "filler. Side quest. bored. And so short too."
I wouldn't even call it a cameo. Bo-Katan was a central character in the episode, and probably will be a major part of the series, even if "merely" recurring for the rest of it given who she is and how she is immediately tied to the apparent antagonist of the series (or at least the series for now).

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Glorious that they are not just leaning into Filoni verse any more but are just completely going to submerge into it is nothing short of the best decision the series could have gone. Let this be the start of the follow up from Clone Wars and Rebels. The simple off-handed comment from Bo-Katan that Mando was a child raised by the Watch, simply provided the answer as to why all of sudden it seemed there was a retcon on Mandolorians not taking off their helmets and provides a likely a significant hint into where the Mandolorian clans are currently at and will likely be significant in upcoming episodes or seasons.

Hats off to a great episode.
Yes, yesss, yesssssss

steep it all in the Filoniverse!

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't even call it a cameo. Bo-Katan was a central character in the episode, and probably will be a major part of the series, even if "merely" recurring for the rest of it given who she is and how she is immediately tied to the apparent antagonist of the series (or at least the series for now).

Well, I was trying to avoid using her name, just in case. I wouldn't call her a cameo, no. it's not filler, it has the moff from last season, it has bo-katan from the clone wars, it gives mando a direction to go, if continues on from last week with frog lady, it mentions the dark saber. I mean, how much more related to the plot can it be?

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
A good post from the "genocide thread" trying to explain what is black humor...
Reassuring to see that 80% of members gets it.

I'm pretty sure folks understand dark humour dude. Doesn't stop something being disturbing whether you laughed at it or not, nor does it need thinly-veiled passive aggressive comments like "Reassuring 80% of members get it" to support the fact you just happened to find it funny where others clearly didn't.

Even LucasFilm guy's comment explicitly states they intentionally wanted to disturb people, and that some would find that hilarious due to how disturbing it is by design.

Doesn't stop people feeling how they feel, or choosing to debate it. Doesn't delegitimise anyone's thoughts on it. But it does show some absolutely idiotic comments from those who found it funny, and those who didn't.

Shaoran Hyku

Aug 6, 2020
They used the same VO for Bo Katan and they used different voice and actor for Mau to maintain consistency. If Ahsoka is not voiced by Ashley, this is going to look really bad.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
They used the same VO for Bo Katan and they used different voice and actor for Mau to maintain consistency. If Ahsoka is not voiced by Ashley, this is going to look really bad.
Luckily the actor that plays Ahsoka sounds like her anyway. Even with the age appropriation. Dawson is how id imagine Ahsoka to sound at that age.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Great episode. I have a feeling we won't see Ashoka until the episode after next.

More and more I'm curious to see how Mandalore and its people turned out in the New Republic (ST) era. I'm hoping they have a show based on that time (while ignoring the mess that is TROS).

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018

Katee Sackhoff was an accomplished actor before ever doing the VO for her and looks very much like the character both appearance and age wise.
Ashley is a great Voice Actor .... but Dawson will be great in the live action role.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Retaking Mandalore is the big final battle with Moff Gideon.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Only part way in but
It really is Sasha Banks as a Jedi? Seriously?

Woo. Still my heart.

EDIT: Oh she's a Mando. Even better!

Last edited:

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
This series is so good, it gives me heavy Star Wars Galaxies vibes (especially episode 1 of this season) and you get to see the larger universe that is only hinted at with the mainline films. It's the sort of thing I wanted to happen when Disney acquired the license and, regardless of how they are doing in other areas, they are doing a great job here.

I can agree that the predictablity of 'Go here, get a quest, continue on the main quest' is getting a little on the nose but I love it either way. I guess I have to go and watch Clone Wars/Rebels now because I only knew some of the characters introduced by name but actually nothing about them.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am so grateful for the fact that when George decided he wanted to create a cartoon show that he took the time and picked an amazing collaborator in Filoni. Its Georges Universe but at this point we are playing in Filoni's sandbox and knowing how much Filoni reveres George and his views of what Star Wars is I feel like there is no better choice out there.

Alot of other choices would have walked away years ago when the Clone Wars was cancelled

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Deus Ex Mandalorians, lol.

Another fine episode. Nothing more, nothing less. Got some chuckles out of me, but still hard to care for the characters who feel like they're mainly serving lore.

Looking forward to Ahsoka. Finally we'll get an interesting character on this show.