• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters
Oct 28, 2017
I liked this episode. It actually had energy and a sense of tension. Incredible VFX work. Some needed personality for Mando and cute moments for baby Yoda.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Thanks, and I can more clearly see that it's not quite a "hole" either. Also, it's kind of funny how the friend I was watching this with watches The Clone Wars and won't shut up about it, yet could not explain to me why Fett has that mark on his helmet. It's something that would be hard to forget.

To br fair, the episode where it happened was never completed. It was just revealed through the unfinished pre-production scene in that youtube clip.

It is kind of hilarious that production staff on AotC had to remind George that Boba Fett's helmet had a dent in it, and that's why there was a shot of Jango hitting his head, only for Clone Wars to then go and blow his helmet up, so they had to create a new origin for Boba's armor.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
While I like this episodic setup as it gives the show more of a adventure feeling, I guess many have an issue because the show doesn't have many episodes.

The old shows had so many episodes, it was fine. With an eight episode season, I can understand why people want the story to move a bit instead.

Hmm, that's a good point.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, and I can more clearly see that it's not quite a "hole" either. Also, it's kind of funny how the friend I was watching this with watches The Clone Wars and won't shut up about it, yet could not explain to me why Fett has that mark on his helmet. It's something that would be hard to forget.
Well it never actually aired or was finished, it was originally going to be part of season 7 before Disney bought Star Wars and then cancelled Clone Wars.
When they brought Clone Wars back the arc wasn't as far along the others(along with an Anakin and Obi-Wan murder mystery arc) so they left it out of the final season.

Therion

Oct 25, 2017
There's a segment on the Armorer fight from last season in today's episode of Stuntmen React

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else think we'll see Zeb's race at some point? Not necessarily Zeb himself (though that would be cool), just his race.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Baby Yoda eating the eggs wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't make it known that she is the last of her species. So baby Yoda basically committing genocide.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Baby Yoda eating the eggs wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't make it known that she is the last of her species. So baby Yoda basically committing genocide.

She is not the last of her species. These are the last eggs of her cycle, so that last opportunity to continue her family line. Still not great, but not as bad.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Well the bigger story is Din Djarin is looking for Mandalorians that can guide him towards the Jedi. So far the episodes themselves have been concerned with the trouble he finds along the way, which is fine because I don't think anyone really wanted the season to open with him handing The Child to Luke Skywalker or something.
This is very generously put.

The actual plot progress on the mentioned bigger story took up maybe two to three minutes of the season so far. No progress on the villains either. No sight of Giancarlo Esposito. Nothing of the kind.

There also hasn't been any kind of significant character progress for our two main characters either. Both Mando and Baby Yoda are the same characters after these two episodes that they were at the end of last season.

Given we are already 25% into this story, that is very disappointing to say the least.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I mean they weren't fertilized eggs tho.
Yeah, and i can't blame for the eggs since i love em too
oeuf-coque-et-mouillipj0s.jpeg

Space spiders though...

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
While I like this episodic setup as it gives the show more of a adventure feeling, I guess many have an issue because the show doesn't have many episodes.

The old shows had so many episodes, it was fine. With an eight episode season, I can understand why people want the story to move a bit instead.
I think this is very similar to Young Indiana Jones Chronicles and I suspect that some of the DNA from that is found here.

"Adventurer getting into scraps on a weekly basis whilst touching upon famous points in time (famous Star Wars lore in this case)."

Also...was getting strong Alien/Facehugger vibes in this episode....then he just eats the thing lol

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
This season's action is way better, you can tell that Extraction guy is doing work. Everything feels super weighty.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I see they learned nothing from last season. Another throwaway pointless episode. For a show with a short episode count they shouldn't have any of these.

This show can be amazing at times and bad at others.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is very generously put.

The actual plot progress on the mentioned bigger story took up maybe two to three minutes of the season so far. No progress on the villains either. No sight of Giancarlo Esposito. Nothing of the kind.

There also hasn't been any kind of significant character progress for our two main characters either. Both Mando and Baby Yoda are the same characters after these two episodes that they were at the end of last season.

Given we are already 25% into this story, that is very disappointing to say the least.
This doesn't seem like a story focused series to me. Finding the Jedi is now just the premise to tell one off comic book adventure stories. There's not going to be an 'ending' until it starts to tank in ratings.

Borgus

Apr 14, 2020
Toronto
As a fan of Star Trek, I'm really digging this show taking an episodic approach. Sometimes its a miss for me (i.e. the seven samurai homage and bill burr episodes in the first season) but I enjoy seeing the insight into the more "mundane" corners of this universe. I enjoyed this episode alone for the fact that the writers must have just said, "wonder if we could make a frog alien kindda cool?" Although all the spider stuff was a bit lame. Not necessarily a bad escape sequence but its crazy how much this show feels like playing a video game at times.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
This episode was well-shot and put together great but the lack of almost any plot progress left me feeling empty and wanting more.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Super fun episode. As soon as the child started looking at those eggs in the cave, I was thinking "oh, Jesus. Filoni, please don't tell me that you're bringing over the spiders from Rebels..."

Also, seriously impressed with both the effects in the second half, and the genuine tension they were able to generate.

Quiksaver

Oct 26, 2017
Chapter 9 was the absolute best anyone can hope from non Legends Star Wars, it was just perfect and that MF dropped a Krayt Dragon

Chapter 10 served to undermine Din's capacities, if he had just chilled he could have talked with those X Wing pilots, even though they were acting like space cops they were New Republic cops, so it's cool. It was pointless how dude just went haywire just to escape any authority that doesn't come with a bad ass helmet. He is definitely a complicated character, and his love for the Kid leads him to dismiss his blatant eating of the Frog Lady's spawn.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
That episode was so much fun. I had such empathy for poor Frog Lady and her eggs. I hope we see Mr. Frog next episode.

That entire sequence with the spiders was absolutely nuts. Loved it.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't seem like a story focused series to me. Finding the Jedi is now just the premise to tell one off comic book adventure stories. There's not going to be an 'ending' until it starts to tank in ratings.

It blows my mind that people don't realize this.

We're Dr. Kimble looking for the One Armed Man.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Weird episode this week...not bad but just weird. The Deus Ex Machina New Republic dudes especially.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Weird episode this week...not bad but just weird. The Deus Ex Machina New Republic dudes especially.
It was a great way to underscore how different the Empire and New Republic are. We've seen the Empire's bully tactics many times with Imperial forces, but not really how the New Republic operates in a similar scenario. And also, it showed how former Imperial-aligned factions operate within these new rules.

The New Republic pilots did everything they could to avoid hurting anyone, and went out of their way to save the day. They're the antithesis of the Empire--it's a better galaxy under the New Republic.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on both episodes and man both of them were great. Baby Yoda eating the eggs was hilarious and at the same time it feels like a child doing what it shouldn't be doing and getting away with it

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Hate frogs but the animation of the Frog lady was cute.

Feloni X-Wing pilot strikes again

Good episode

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched both eps and enjoyed them. I've learned my lesson from Season 1, I don't expect a ton of plot development until closer to the end.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the first two episodes last night and I enjoyed them. Love the episodic style.

So glad the lady and her eggs survived. I was really worried for a second lol. The sequence with the X-wings was great too.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Great episode. Those spiders were terrifying.

This is one of the few shows I enjoy the episodic nature of. I mean.. wasn't season 1 the same?