• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there is any issue about this being a mandalorian armor i think, more like boba Fett is not a mandalorian. I think a mandalorian armor has to be brought back to its home community, to be re-melted and reforged for the community, hence why it is a priority to take them back from armor thieves (it's suspected the Fetts are i guess).

Then there is the question of what material the armor is made of, since not all armors are made of the same metal. The one of Mando is the best one imaginable.

This is why I brought it up to begin with. From a different article I had read before posting, it claimed all Mandalorian armor used beskar.

According to this though, that's not quite true. Only the best Mandalorian armor used it. However, it looks like Fett wore the "Supercommando" armor. Which is also the same design Din is wearing. Doesn't necessarily mean they were made from the exact same metals though.

www.starwars.com

Star Wars News - StarWars.com

Visit StarWars.com to get the all latest news and updates, and test your knowledge with fun quizzes!

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
He has legit Mandalorian armor, there's not really anything saying otherwise.

The Fetts in-canon are stated to not be Mandalorian, though there's plenty wiggle room. The reason it's even said in the canon though is because George stated explicitly that they weren't Mandalorian. It's unclear whether anyone storyteller would go back on that, but I don't see Filoni ever doing so.

There's virtually no canon details whatsoever on Jango's backstory or what Boba is doing from ROTS until ANH, or between ROTJ and Mando.

The old EU is non-canon and basically everything Boba-related is never going to be re-canonized, so any EU Boba stories are super dead and irrelevant to anything.

That StarWars.com article above is old and is using a LOT of non-canon Legends material.

Virtually all canon information about Mandalore/Mandalorians is from a couple Clone Wars arcs, a few episodes of Rebels, and The Mandalorian. If it came from anything else, it's likely not canon. So far no books, comics, or games really go into anything at all.

Last edited:

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
seeing all the comments about episodes of this show (both seasons) feel like "side quests" or "video game levels" is really surreal. it's a serial western, this is what the majority of TV was like for longer than we've had prestige TV dramas

Millennials and zoomers can't appreciate a 'simple' serial show... You have filler episodes when your show is trying to be a 20 hours movie.
This feeling that every show should be a complex prestige drama, when did it start ? After Lost ?

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
seeing all the comments about episodes of this show (both seasons) feel like "side quests" or "video game levels" is really surreal. it's a serial western, this is what the majority of TV was like for longer than we've had prestige TV dramas
To be fair....last weeks episode was literally a side quest in KOTOR. 😅

Oct 25, 2017

Haha yes exactly. This is Lone Wolf and Cub. How people don't get that still is really bizarre.

FlexMentallo

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Ep2 was fun as fuck. I love the serialized format, but I am old AF. Also to hell with that specific type of organism in this episode!

I am fine with slow rolling the arc stuff.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
First episode was Tremors, second episode was Alien.

Episode three is going to be The Ghostbusters I can feel it lol.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
The yuuzhan vong thing is completely non canon and has been expelled by the company.

Don't worry, Zahn make something similar for Future content

starwars.fandom.com

Grysk

The Grysks were a warlike sentient species that lived in the Unknown Regions. According to Chiss Grand Admiral Thrawn, they should not be underestimated and, if they fled, it would be because they chose to leave the battle. Thrawn believed that the Grysks were such a danger that they posed a...

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Ngl, I kind of felt baby yoda was being a dick, mamma even saved his ass and he's still eating her kids

Yea, I wasn't Sure where they were going with that, lol.

He's like killing frog lady's kids.

Was it supposed to be funny like futurama , eating the popplers.

Or show a creepy, dark side of baby yoda.

My GF was laughing about it. I was like, that shit is fucked up man, hah.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
i was expecting the egg container to get destroyed and for the child to barf up the ones it ate and save the day. i sort of half expect that to happen next week

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is monster of the week episodes while slowly edging forwards in a bigger story?

Well the bigger story is Din Djarin is looking for Mandalorians that can guide him towards the Jedi. So far the episodes themselves have been concerned with the trouble he finds along the way, which is fine because I don't think anyone really wanted the season to open with him handing The Child to Luke Skywalker or something.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017

baby yoda is really a toddler at terrible two, or a dog, or a cat that brings you dead birds and mice. They eat stuff and need boundaries.

personally I quite enjoy the format of the show, it's economical and has a well crafted atmosphere that does a lot in terms of showing us the world than the sequel movies. I like the Freedom the show has in terms of change in tone and changing episode lengths to suit. I can also imagine multi episode arcs being very satisfying down the line.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I liked the frog. I don't have fear of spiders but that was genuinely unnerving. Aside from that this was a bit of a nothing episode for me that outside of spectacular production values is turning into a bit of a nothing series for me.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Millennials and zoomers can't appreciate a 'simple' serial show... You have filler episodes when your show is trying to be a 20 hours movie.
This feeling that every show should be a complex prestige drama, when did it start ? After Lost ?

Yup, it's following the same structure as 80s shows like MacGyver, The A-Team, Knight Rider.
There's folks in need, Mando helps em out, Mando moves on.
Some recurring characters, maybe an overarching story arc that spans the entire season, some callbacks to previous episodes, but that's it.

Not sure if the eggs are fertilized or not - she wanted them taken to her husband, which would imply they're just unfertilized eggs (i.e. no kids yet; unless you're a really intense frog-species pro-lifer) 🤷‍♂️

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, there are tons of episodic tv shows out there still. It's basically the entire backbone of CBS still. You don't need to descend from above to explain it to the kids.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Guys, there are tons of episodic tv shows out there still. It's basically the entire backbone of CBS still. You don't need to descend from above to explain it to the kids.

It's funny I was going to go through this thread Starting from last week but I accidentally clicked on the last comment and what do you know it's the same discussion that we had for the last episode and episode before that etc. etc. I don't know why people still watch Something they complain about every week

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
LOL they really overdid it with the baby noises in this episode, especially as some of the sounds were from a stock library I've heard in soooo many films.

Oct 29, 2017
Hell talking about actual kids, isn't this format exactly what every cartoon still uses? I don't think it even matters how young a person is, chances are the first interaction with TV/streaming is going to be episodic whether it is someone born in 1981 or 2011 unless all they watch growing up is a few anime.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, it's following the same structure as 80s shows like MacGyver, The A-Team, Knight Rider.
There's folks in need, Mando helps em out, Mando moves on.
Some recurring characters, maybe an overarching story arc that spans the entire season, some callbacks to previous episodes, but that's it.

Not sure if the eggs are fertilized or not - she wanted them taken to her husband, which would imply they're just unfertilized eggs (i.e. no kids yet; unless you're a really intense frog-species pro-lifer) 🤷‍♂️

While I like this episodic setup as it gives the show more of a adventure feeling, I guess many have an issue because the show doesn't have many episodes.

The old shows had so many episodes, it was fine. With an eight episode season, I can understand why people want the story to move a bit instead.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
LOL they really overdid it with the baby noises in this episode, especially as some of the sounds were from a stock library I've heard in soooo many films.
I think he's learning to talk. Al the "wa wa" sounds are typical baby gibberish when they try to communicate but can't form words.

My suspicion is that he will say his first word before the end of the season.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think he's learning to talk. Al the "wa wa" sounds are typical baby gibberish when they try to communicate but can't form words.

My suspicion is that he will say his first word before the end of the season.

Din will finally find a Jedi and, just as he's about to hand the kid over and leave, The Child reaches out to him and says "Dada" and everyone's heart breaks right before Din says "where he goes, I go".

🥺

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
I kind of hope frog lady becomes a recurring character. She was very charming. Loved when she started hopping around.

When the Razor Crest went into freefall, her shrieks were absolutely horrifying 🤣

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Still laughing my ass off at the jet pack kill! Knew exactly what Mando was gonna do as soon as he handed it over but when the Bandit took off straight up in the air 🤣🤣🤣 Such a fun episode

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
While I like this episodic setup as it gives the show more of a adventure feeling, I guess many have an issue because the show doesn't have many episodes.

The old shows had so many episodes, it was fine. With an eight episode season, I can understand why people want the story to move a bit instead.

Yeah, I liked the past two episodes but unless the next one starts the plot I'm a little concerned we're going to get all of the story-arc stuff crammed into the last three episodes.

Though if it works like S1, we could have two smaller blocks of continuity heavy episodes connected by serialised stuff

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017

yeah, that's a fair point

But at that point, we're obviously limited by budget constraints.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
I know Yoda eating the eggs was supposed to be cute, but my wife and I found it super bothersome.

Maybe aliens that lay a hundred eggs aren't as attached to them as something like a human, and they know not all of them will survive/hatch. Still though

Jul 16, 2020
It was a pretty good episode despite its director. There's something about humanity that just doesn't click in the head of Peyton Reed.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I think the episodic format works for this show, especially in season 2. Not only are they having recurring characters, they're also extending consequences that happened in season 1. These episodes also don't end neatly, so it feels like one continuous adventure.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Man I know he said he secured the cockpit but I got really uneasy watching the janky on fire Razors Crest out in space like that. Hopefully they don't have to go too far like that.

Great episode. Not usually an arachnophobe but eff those ice spiders.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I liked the past two episodes but unless the next one starts the plot I'm a little concerned we're going to get all of the story-arc stuff crammed into the last three episodes.

The arc is just an excuse for having new adventures every week, though. It's hardly a complex or super interesting story arc, and is not even really what the show chooses to focus on for the most part. It's a show that lets us see different parts of the Star Wars universe every episode.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Boba's is just a dent he got from a direct headshot from Cad Bane(who you could also speculate was using higher power than normal blasters)

Thanks, and I can more clearly see that it's not quite a "hole" either. Also, it's kind of funny how the friend I was watching this with watches The Clone Wars and won't shut up about it, yet could not explain to me why Fett has that mark on his helmet. It's something that would be hard to forget.