• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hasn't the child seen Alien? Don't go near the funny looking eggs and definitely do not eat them!

I loved the humour in this one and that the child had more of a role again, even if he was being a little shit.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I think the most important revelation this week is that there is an ant alien named Doctor Mandible. Absolute legend.

Oct 25, 2017
watched the new Star Trek right afterwards and the budget juxtaposition is stark. Not that I dislike Discovery, but it felt like a lower tier of entertainment compared to Mando.
That Mando tech is absolutely incredible. They maintain a continuity of visual look through even though it's just one box set. While with Disvo you can spot the seams of set/CGI/location shots.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Mando's screen tech is amazing for lighting, it makes it feel like they have natural lighting at all times when they're in a set. That shot during the magic hour is amazing since they didn't have to wait for the actual magic hour and have a short time to film it. Magic hour 24/7 babbbyyyyy

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
When the frog lady started frog leaping, I did have a big smile although I wonder why she was holding it back for the first 100 yards they were running! I actually liked quite a few little touches of that short chase, like that Mando stopped to look back to see if his time bombs actually did anything or not rather than just "cool guys dont look at explosions". Then he is like "Nah, fuck all, oh well, keep going!"

The little gag at the end seemed off though. I thought part of the point of the episode would be the Mando parenting thing of "This bloody kid doesnt listen to a thing I tell it" and the baby kind of realising that it shouldnt eat everything on its own terms / at its own pace. He seemed to realise that doing so angered Mando, upset the frog woman and doing it to the spiders is what may have nearly got them all killed. But then in the last second he eats another of the frogs babies so he learned absolutely nothing. It seemed to undercut the theme for the sake of a joke, but maybe the point actually is that he took absolutely nothing away from this experience as he is still too young.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the episode. But was a little surprised it turned into horror halfway. That was terrifying.

Also the budget increase is insane.

Oct 25, 2017
The Child popping that last egg at the end. Fantastic.

Also the spider chase really reminded me of Chamber of Secrets.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man Baby Yoda was a real little shit this episode.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
That episode was really fun, but I do wish they hadn't done two back-to-back 'Mando attempts to find other Mandalorians but gets sidetracked by a giant monster' stories.

Loved the frog jumping (which honest to god I'm sure it has to be CGI but it was so good I couldn't tell). Those pilots were kinda dicks, reasonably, but they knew he was a good guy, why not help him out?

Also I've decided that the final episode of the series will end with de-aged Luke Skywalker taking the Child into his hands and saying "Oh my gosh, it's like a Baby Yoda." Smash cut to credits.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I just get this gremlins vibe from baby Yoda, like at the end of this season, Mando will find someone who know a lot about this race and he will warn Mando not to feed baby Yoda, eggs after midnight or he will transform to horrific monster and Mando is like "oh shit" lol

Oct 29, 2017
Disney's Amphibia is now part of the Star Wars universe.

Edit: ha ha, frog mom has a blaster Derringer, this show is 100% Western tropes, but in a good way.

Last edited:

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
I was kind of hoping that maybe he was just actually keeping them safe in a separate stomach or something, and it would turn out that all of the eggs had died by the time they reached the husband, but he vomits out the ones he ate and they were fine, but the way he ate the spider, I guess not.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Great episode. I was surprised when it ended. Felt like I was watching it for 20 minutes but man that episode just flew by. The production values for this show are insane. Loving these video game boss battles we are getting so far. lol

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
Were those X-Wing pilots from Return of the Jedi? I know the timeline wouldn't make sense, but since they're older I thought maybe it was some sort of cameo.

Jul 4, 2018
Were those X-Wing pilots from Return of the Jedi? I know the timeline wouldn't make sense, but since they're older I thought maybe it was some sort of cameo.
Nah just Filoni (who was also in season 1) and Mr Kim cameos (similar to Jason Sudeikis in season 1)

starwars.fandom.com

Trapper Wolf

Trapper Wolf was a human male pilot for the New Republic. He flew an T-65B X-wing starfighter as leader of an attack squadron with pilots Sash Ketter and Jib Dodger. Circa 9 ABY, the trio located the signal from a tracking beacon that had originally been activated during the Bothan-Five...

starwars.fandom.com

Carson Teva

Carson Teva was a human male captain who served in the Rebel Alliance and later within the Adelphi Rangers of the New Republic Starfighter Corps flying a T-65B X-wing starfighter. While patrolling in the Outer Rim in 9 ABY, he and fellow New Republic pilot Trapper Wolf approached the gunship...

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That beginning fight when he was ambushed was great as well.

No bigger meaning. Just a rough galaxy out there. That's the stuff I like.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I do think they did the Egg joke a little too much in this episode. Not that I don't appreciate Baby Yoda being an adorable little gremlin child, but it felt very one-note.

Cool action scenes. Particularly in the beginning. The scene with the X-Wings was also well done.

Solid episode, but there were a few meh moments that held it back a little.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Anyone think Lady Frog look great? Thats sort of how I imagine Frog would look like if they ever make live action Chrono Trigger, lol

I hope her husband have a cape, round shield and a sword

Miracle Ache

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying the world-building this season. The episodic format really allows them a lot more room to show off the different aspects of the galaxy.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely stellar episode. If they can maintain this momentum/quality, this season will be one for the ages.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I really liked this episode. They really made me feel like everyone was in danger without any options left.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the episode even more on a rewatch.. the creature and puppetry work is great. The only section that felt off was the mechanic section, mostly because of the acting.

I don't get these 'worst chapter yet' and 'filler' complaints on social media. Don't they remember chapter 4 and 5?

Edit: Peyton Reed is a super mediocre director imo but he did well here.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the episode even more on a rewatch.. the creature and puppetry work is great. The only section that felt off was the mechanic section, mostly because of the acting.

I don't get these 'worst chapter yet' and 'filler' complaints on social media. Don't they remember chapter 4 and 5?
Did people forget about chapter 5?

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I just get this gremlins vibe from baby Yoda, like at the end of this season, Mando will find someone who know a lot about this race and he will warn Mando not to feed baby Yoda, eggs after midnight or he will transform to horrific monster and Mando is like "oh shit" lol

Kinda unrelated, but I do expect the theme of "The Child might be bad" to come across at some point. If you take someone with MASSIVE force potential, give them no training or context, and pair them solely with someone who lives in the grey area, things could potentially get out of hand. Was always guessing that internal struggle was going to be a central theme either this season or next.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
So why those two x wing pilots let Din go?

They said to him. He tried to save the Republic officer on the prison ship and he caught all the criminals and locked them up. The one that he "rescued" he set up and they killed him when they attacked the space station, but I dont know if they know that or not. Basically, they are square and if he had talked to them instead of running, he probably wouldnt have been in any trouble in the first place.