• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I find it funny those people needed Mandalorian and that other dude to help them when initially they did all the work and just gave dude the detanator.. As they did no work at all.. Till it didn't work.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Well, I brought up the Man With No Name exactly because it seems Mando takes it as an inspiration, but lacks what makes those films good. (While still being bad-ass character doing bad-ass things)

John Wick is fun, but there the balls-to-the-walls action makes good for the flat characters. I don't feel Mando as a whole has find this kind of balance already, but the last episode gave me some hope.
Yeah this I can get behind. It takes cues from both, while not excelling at either.

Oct 26, 2017
I find it funny those people needed Mandalorian and that other dude to help them when initially they did all the work and just gave dude the detanator.. As they did no work at all.. Till it didn't work.
The town didn't know where the Sand Dragon lived and the Tuskens didn't have the technology to take it down. The Marshal and the town viewed the Tuskens as savages and would not have been able to break bread without Mando's familiarity with them as a people and their language/cultural norms. The town also would not have followed Mando's instructions without the leadership of the Marshal. It was about people overcoming their differences to take down a common threat.

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
Loved the first episode. Let out a sigh of delight at the end and thought to myself how this is some of the best Star Wars since the OT. It just gets the vibe so right. Keep it up Mando Crew.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I enjoyed the first season enough to carry on watching this show, even though a few episodes kind of felt like watching somebody play a pretty looking side quest in a computer game. The first episode of the second season, however, was pretty good actually, and I liked how the Sand People were more humane too.

For me though, as a fan of Justified:

*takes helmet off*

OH MY GOD, IT'S RAYLAN GIVENS!

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
So do people see Raylan Givens or Seth Bullock that people see when he takes off the helmet? Cobb Vanth seems like a nicer, more chilled out guy than both, but a bit less swagger since he's not the main guy on the show. There is probably some Olyphant cinematic universe where they are all in the same bloodline that are always destined to be marshals.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
So do people see Raylan Givens or Seth Bullock that people see when he takes off the helmet? Cobb Vanth seems like a nicer, more chilled out guy than both, but a bit less swagger since he's not the main guy on the show. There is probably some Olyphant cinematic universe where they are all in the same bloodline that are always destined to be marshals.
Raylan... Seth always looked like he could assplode at any minute.

But Seth has the best marshal swag:

khmzic1se9521.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Of all the character speculation and discussion I think im most surprised this character didn't come up at all.
latest

He is in Rebels', Clone Wars and one of the faces of Galaxy's Edge.

Hondo is a great and respected business across the galaxy!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
You know, if it actually gets into Boba's backstory and motivations
It would be cool if we see him originally going after Vanth for his armor back but he sees what it was used for which to him calls back

And he then let's him be.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Checking in again, did the Episode 9 soundtrack ever release? Have we gotten any word on how they're handling that this season if not?

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
People who bash the show for not having a ton of depth or character development (for our Mando) must've forgotten or ignore the fact that the show is HEAVILY influenced, or just IS - a spaghetti western. The fact that this dude has a name is depth for that genre :P

Star Wars delving into other genres of storytelling is pretty much exactly what the doctor ordered, IMO.

I'm loving it. Can't wait for more.
This is nonsense. Spaghetti westerns have tons of depth and character. Films like Once Upon a Time in the West and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly aren't considered some of the greatest films of all time just because people like cowboys shooting bad people.

The Mandalorian is less like spaghetti westerns and more like those type of shows that were parodied in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. A kinda fun, but ultimately meaningless villain of the week show.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Something interesting I noticed about Boba's armor:
uaWFHAj.png

His jetpack was repaired before Cobb Vanth Vanth Refrigeration got his hands on it.

Jawa work? Boba post-pit? Or just something production decided to overlook because it's not that important?

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018
This is nonsense. Spaghetti westerns have tons of depth and character. Films like Once Upon a Time in the West and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly aren't considered some of the greatest films of all time just because people like cowboys shooting bad people.

The Mandalorian is less like spaghetti westerns and more like those type of shows that were parodied in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. A kinda fun, but ultimately meaningless villain of the week show.
Thank you. The Mandalorian models the difference between classic and revisionist westerns. While the series may feature some scant qualities of the latter, it certainly favors the bombast of the former.

Insinuating a lack of sophistication in any Sergio Leone picture should be criminalized.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Tonight will go down in history

As the night that Baby Yoda finally defeated that evil bastard Boba Fett once and for all