• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have no words to describe how much I'm enjoying this series. Absolutely fantastic first episode.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
That was a fun episode, if only because of the Star Wars Galaxies nostalgia for me.

The pearl put a smile on my face.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, so not really completely forgotten - it's just a sort of disbelief. Makes sense, thanks for explaining

Listen, the truth is that is just really inconsistent and you shouldn't think about it. The Jedi were an order that kept peace in the Republic for a thousand generations such that little Anakin Skywalker knew who they were on bumfuck Tatooine as did Watto. Yet, at the same time, Luke is like, "huh, what's a Jedi? What's The Force?" And then, like three scenes later he's all like, "wait, you don't believe in The Force, Han Solo?" But then you got Imperial Admirals that know about The Force but think it's a joke, mocking Vader, this is despite the fact that the Clone Wars happened in their lifetime, hell they probably fought in the Clone Wars.

So yeah, just don't think about it. Of course, it leads to my favorite Auralnauts bit:

(Scene starts at 2:07 if embed is broken)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So of course the appearance of Boba also has people talking about the potential of Rex in this time period. I notice some people claiming he couldnt have lived this long due to the clone's accelerated aging.
But isn't it possible that clone growth was only manually accelerated while in development on kamino, and that they aged more normally once deployed?
Sure he looked a lot older in Rebels, but Obi seemingly got hit just as hard. It was a rough couple decades.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So of course the appearance of Boba also has people talking about the potential of Rex in this time period. I notice some people claiming he couldnt have lived this long due to the clone's accelerated aging.
But isn't it possible that clone growth was only manually accelerated while in development on kamino, and that they aged more normally once deployed?
Sure he looked a lot older in Rebels, but Obi seemingly got hit just as hard. It was a rough couple decades.
That's not it. Rex is almost certainly still alive during this time period -- he is now canon as having been the bearded guy in ROTJ. This is only 5 years later. All people are saying is that he would be a lot older than Temuera Morrison's character at the end of this last episode. That's why it can't be him. (Also it doesn't really make any sense why Rex would be wandering around Tatooine... while it absolutely WOULD make sense for Boba Fett to be doing that if he somehow was saved from the Sarlaac). So it is almost certainly Boba Fett. But Rex could absolutely show up in this series.

Oct 25, 2017
That's not it. Rex is almost certainly still alive during this time period -- he is now canon as having been the bearded guy in ROTJ. This is only 5 years later. All people are saying is that he would be a lot older than Temuera Morrison's character at the end of this last episode. That's why it can't be him. (Also it doesn't really make any sense why Rex would be wandering around Tatooine... while it absolutely WOULD make sense for Boba Fett to be doing that if he somehow was saved from the Sarlaac). So it is almost certainly Boba Fett. But Rex could absolutely show up in this series.
Oh I'm not at all talking about the ending appearance being Rex, it's clearly Boba. That's not up for debate as far as I'm concerned.
I'm just a little off topic, addressing the claims of some people i've seen various places online that he couldn't have survived this long due to "accelerated aging."
But I definitely think Rex could appear as well in the future, which is why I'm sticking up for his survival.
And I think the evidence is in my favor, like Rex being at the battle of endor as you mentioned.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
That was good, Timothy Olyphant playing the Marshal though. Totally typecasted now after Justified.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
So I booted up the Disney+ app on my 4K fire cube. Everything has black screen with audio, lol.

I watched all season 1 on fire cube, so weird.

I watched the latest episode on the native tv app and wanted to compare the quality.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Oh I'm not at all talking about the ending appearance being Rex, it's clearly Boba. That's not up for debate as far as I'm concerned.
I'm just a little off topic, addressing the claims of some people i've seen various places online that he couldn't have survived this long due to "accelerated aging."
But I definitely think Rex could appear as well in the future, which is why I'm sticking up for his survival.
And I think the evidence is in my favor, like Rex being at the battle of endor as you mentioned.

I don't think Rex has been acknowledged by anything else since the confirmation about Endor, so I figure he's likely with Ashoka/Sabine/Hera on their Ezra quest. So he could absolutely appear, and it'd be kind of amazing if the story brought him and Boba together somehow.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Listen, the truth is that is just really inconsistent and you shouldn't think about it. The Jedi were an order that kept peace in the Republic for a thousand generations such that little Anakin Skywalker knew who they were on bumfuck Tatooine as did Watto. Yet, at the same time, Luke is like, "huh, what's a Jedi? What's The Force?"
I always felt that Luke's lack of knowledge about the jedi make sense, at least in the current version of canon. Luke grew up in a post jedi world where the emperor went out of his way to either spread as much propaganda as possible about the jedi and/or literally wiping all records of them. Also doesn't help that Luke was intentionally sheltered.
And then, like three scenes later he's all like, "wait, you don't believe in The Force, Han Solo?"
Because he was explicitly shown proof that it exists.

And yes ANH is absolutely muddied in this regard as it treats the events of the prequels as if they didn't occur 19 years ago right down to Obiwan aging like rancid cheese. Not to mention Chewbacca literally being a goddamn war hero who has personally worked alongside multiple jedi. Yet he just lets Han Solo go on believing that it doesn't exist. And tbh, I think people put too much stock into the peacekeeping line. As it's not like the galaxy was having full blown wars consistently until the CW and even that one was enough to basically bankrupt the Republic after like, two or three years.

All that said, I look at modern social media and how easily people are swayed by the misinformation/propaganda from the current presidency that I can't really fault SW for unintentionally showing us what two decades of that would look like when it comes to people's view of the jedi/knowledge of the force in general since there were only 10k of them, (put them into perspective considering the scale of a galaxy) and genuine sightings instead of stories were incredibly rare as a result.

Last edited:

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I think they just give TImothy Olyphant a cowboy hat whenever he auditions for a role.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Not to mention Chewbacca literally being a goddamn war hero who has personally worked alongside multiple jedi. Yet he just lets Han Solo go on believing that it doesn't exist.
tenor.gif

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chewbacca probably tried telling Han and Han just brushed it off as a furball exaggerating things

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I always felt that Luke's lack of knowledge about the jedi make sense, at least in the current version of canon. Luke grew up in a post jedi world where the emperor went out of his way to either spread as much propaganda as possible about the jedi and/or literally wiping all records of them. Also doesn't help that Luke was intentionally sheltered.

Because he was explicitly shown proof that it exists.

And yes ANH is absolutely muddied in this regard as it treats the events of the prequels as if they didn't occur 19 years ago right down to Obiwan aging like rancid cheese. Not to mention Chewbacca literally being a goddamn war hero who has personally worked alongside multiple jedi. Yet he just lets Han Solo go on believing that it doesn't exist.

All that said, I look at modern social media and how easily people are swayed by the misinformation/propaganda from the current presidency that I can't really fault SW for unintentionally showing us what two decades of that would look like when it comes to people's view of the jedi/knowledge of the force in general since there were only 10k of them, (put them into perspective considering the scale of a galaxy) and genuine sightings instead of stories were incredibly rare as a result.

I mean, that's the in-universe explanation but even still it's a stretch considering there was a massive galactic civil war less than 20 years ago. Like, even Luke knew what the CLONE WARS were. He's all like, "HOLY SHIT, Obi-Wan you fought in the Clone Wars?!" Um, yeah man it was wasn't that long ago, there are probably veterans everywhere and I was a Jedi Knight, surely you heard that they led the armies in that war?

Still, Luke's ignorance can be excused, the Imperial Admirals are where it just gets hilarious. These are dudes who are older than Luke and probably fought in the Clone Wars, you know next to Jedi who wielded The Force. And yet, dude is like "lol, The Force, what a bunch of nonsense, amirite?"

Chewbacca probably tried telling Han and Han just brushed it off as a furball exaggerating things

I believe we have a footage of that conversation.

juicy.jpg

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, that's the in-universe explanation but even still it's a stretch considering there was a massive galactic civil war less than 20 years ago. Like, even Luke knew what the CLONE WARS were. He's all like, "HOLY SHIT, Obi-Wan you fought in the Clone Wars?!" Um, yeah man it was wasn't that long ago, there are probably veterans everywhere and I was a Jedi Knight, surely you heard that they led the armies in that war?
Still, Luke's ignorance can be excused, the Imperial Admirals are where it just gets hilarious. These are dudes who are older than Luke and probably fought in the Clone Wars, you know next to Jedi who wielded The Force. And yet, dude is like "lol, The Force, what a bunch of nonsense, amirite?"
If any of them fought in the CW, it was most likely alongside Clones instead of jedi. Remember you had two or three of them tops on any given campaign vs. thousands and thousands of clones. Most people still express surprise when actually seeing someone use the force because it's such an out there concept.

"Like yea man they totally move shit with their mind, they can make stuff float, and they even got laser swords"

"Stop fucking with me dude that's impossible."

Something I think we should take into account is that the Mandalorian takes place post ROTJ, and even post the final defeat of the empire. Aka the time where it was ok to even speak about jedi in a positive light. Let alone the idea that Luke Skywalker should most definitely be at legend status. Which brings me to a final question, how the hell are they gonna end this series? They can't give Baby Yoda to Luke...
jedi-temple-luke.jpg

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
kids not knowing that the jedi lead the republic on the clone wars make sense, since the empire probably would omit that information.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Part of the reason I appreciate Gendy's cartoon being in Legend's is because it's such a perfect microcosm of what it would sound like if people were to describe Jedi. People wouldn't imagine a regular ass force push:
5219594-canon%20pushes%20several%20droids.gif

they'd imagine this:
5219645-pushes%20back%20army.gif

Even referring to them as sorcerers is woeful hyperbole.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
If any of them fought in the CW, it was most likely alongside Clones instead of jedi. Remember you had two or three of them tops on any given campaign vs. thousands and thousands of clones. Most people still express surprise when actually seeing someone use the force because it's such an out there concept.

"Like yea man they totally move shit with their mind, they can make stuff float, and they even got laser swords"

"Stop fucking with me dude that's impossible."

Something I think we should take into account is that the Mandalorian takes place post ROTJ, and even post the final defeat of the empire. Aka the time where it was ok to even speak about jedi in a positive light. Let alone the idea that Luke Skywalker should most definitely be at legend status. Which brings me to a final question, how the hell are they gonna end this series? They can't give Baby Yoda to Luke...

Lol, kid is not going to Luke. The series will either end with it being returned to its homeworld, and our first ever look at the species planet, or Mando just straight adopting it and teaching it Mando life. The bigger question is whether Luke will ever appear in the series. My money (and hope) is not. As cool as it would be, Mando should stay away from all main characters, especially Jedi. He needs to stay fleshing out the outskirts of the universe.

Part of the reason I appreciate Gendy's cartoon being in Legend's is because it's such a perfect microcosm of what it would sound like if people were to describe Jedi. People wouldn't imagine a regular ass force push:
5219594-canon%20pushes%20several%20droids.gif

they'd imagine this:
5219645-pushes%20back%20army.gif

Except that after TROS, we know for a fact that Gendy shit is 100% possible. So, you can't even hold to headcanon anymore that Gendy cartoon is Republic propaganda.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Lol, kid is not going to Luke. The series will either end with it being returned to its homeworld, and our first ever look at the species planet, or Mando just straight adopting it and teaching it Mando life. The bigger question is whether Luke will ever appear in the series. My money (and hope) is not. As cool as it would be, Mando should stay away from all main characters, especially Jedi. He needs to stay fleshing out the outskirts of the universe.
I really wish a certain casting rumor hadn't possibly spoiled a character's appearance.

Except that after TROS, we know for a fact that Gendy shit is 100% possible. So, you can't even hold to headcanon anymore that Gendy cartoon is Republic propaganda.
Nah Gendy shit still isn't possible even when we look at Rey empowered by the force dyad. The most impressive thing she did in TROS was blocking blaster shots with her bare hands(something we've seen Vader do)/she's even an outlier because two men decided that she needed a bloodline to explain her powers. Even Padawans in Gendy's cartoon would run circles around Rey.
af1.gif

Deadass this would be Rey trying to study new moves from Gendy tier jedi holocrons.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish a certain casting rumor hadn't possibly spoiled a character's appearance.

Nah Gendy shit still isn't possible even when we look at Rey empowered by the force dyad. The most impressive thing she did in TROS was blocking blaster shots with her bare hands(something we've seen Vader do)/she's even an outlier because two men decided that she needed a bloodline to explain her powers. Even Padawans in Gendy's cartoon would run circles around Rey.

Rey was untrained, you forgot the movie did this:

Remember when Vader was like "the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of The Force." Like, we all took that statement figuratively. You know, The Force is more subtle than a blunt instrument and can cause more power and destruction through its subtle use and belief. Meanwhile, JJ heard that and took it literally.

Palpatine doesn't even feel taxed doing this. So now imagine a fully trained Jedi Master Rey. No planet in the galaxy would be safe, she could probably move whole planets with The Force.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Rey was untrained, you forgot the movie did this:

Remember when Vader was like "the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of The Force." Like, we all took that statement figuratively. You know, The Force is more subtle than a blunt instrument and can cause more power and destruction through its subtle use and belief. Meanwhile, JJ heard that and took it literally.

Palpatine doesn't even feel taxed doing this. So now imagine a fully trained Jedi Master Rey. No planet in the galaxy would be safe, she could probably move whole planets with The Force.

That's basically a glorified emp considering it did nothing of value 😂

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking if baby Yoda sticks around for the entire series he'll becoming a Mandalorian, with the title referring to him depending on your point of view, or it will have to drop him at some point if he grows up a Jedi.

I know I'd definitely like to see him with Rey one day.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The thing about Baby Yoda becoming THE Mandalorian is that there's no way to do that without it looking incredibly goofy.
0662e00eb55e1ab99058b8568189d4b8.jpg

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
That's basically a glorified emp considering it did nothing of value 😂

JJ is the True Hack Lord. The scene, like much of TROS, also ruins TLJ.

Luke's final act is built around the audience expectations of Luke and a Jedi Master. Luke is THE Jedi and by this point he's not a boy but a trained Jedi Master. Like Rey, we believe he can take on the whole First Order, but we're not 100% sure since we've never seen Jedi Master Luke in action. So, when he shows up at the end we're left guessing if he can survive. Once it's revealed as a projection we are still left guessing.

The Jedi legend continues with those kids who believe Luke did do it all by himself, in-person. But, we the audience don't know for sure what would happen if he came in person. Thus, the myth and mystical nature of The Force and Jedi are left intact.

Yet, TROS says "nah, The Force is that powerful, full stop." So yeah, Luke could've just deflected all those blaster shots. Yes, you can Force pull ships out of the sky. So cool, right?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
The thing about Baby Yoda becoming THE Mandalorian is that there's no way to do that without it looking incredibly goofy.
0662e00eb55e1ab99058b8568189d4b8.jpg
Yeah, and he's not about to stop being a baby any time soon. Doubt we'll see a baby with a gun

Stuff I'm either hoping for or expecting this season:
  • Filoni and co do for Boba what Filoni did for Maul. Exploring Boba's hatred of the Jedi, starting with Windu, contrasted with Mando wanting to seek out the Jedi.
  • A similarity between Boba and Mando - both were orphaned in the clone war. But one belonged to a kind of family.
  • Baby Yoda's name revealed.
  • Ahsoka is linked to seeking out the Jedi.
  • The beginning of Starkiller base.
  • Luke...I can't believe they'll pass it up.

Last edited:

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
jedi-temple-luke.jpg

Ahsoka is gonna take the baby, along with ezra, and go off into uncharted space to make a new "jedi" organization that is better the the old jedi. Hence why baby yoda and Ahsoka are no where near the sequel movies.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
JJ is the True Hack Lord. The scene, like much of TROS, also ruins TLJ.

Luke's final act is built around the audience expectations of Luke and a Jedi Master. Luke is THE Jedi and by this point he's not a boy but a trained Jedi Master. Like Rey, we believe he can take on the whole First Order, but we're not 100% sure since we've never seen Jedi Master Luke in action. So, when he shows up at the end we're left guessing if he can survive. Once it's revealed as a projection we are still left guessing.

The Jedi legend continues with those kids who believe Luke did do it all by himself, in-person. But, we the audience don't know for sure what would happen if he came in person. Thus, the myth and mystical nature of The Force and Jedi are left intact.

Yet, TROS says "nah, The Force is that powerful, full stop." So yeah, Luke could've just deflected all those blaster shots. Yes, you can Force pull ships out of the sky. So cool, right?
I think the force has always been that powerful but we can only see it in incredibly rare circumstances. Like remember the Son, Father, and Daughter? Beings who were literally force gods so powerful that the Father had to guarantee that the Son could never leave or else the galaxy would be compromised. Powered up Palp running off of a once in a thousand year force bond is one such instance.

Yeah, and he's not about to stop being a baby any time soon. Doubt we'll see a baby with a gun

Stuff I'm either hoping for or expecting this season:
  • Filoni and co do for Boba what Filoni did for Maul. Exploring Boba's hatred of the Jedi, starting with Windu, contrasted with Mando wanting to seek out the Jedi.
  • A similarity between Boba and Mando - both were orphaned in the clone war. But one belonged to a kind of family.
  • Baby Yoda's name revealed.
  • Ahsoka is linked to seeking out the Jedi.
  • The beginning of Starkiller base.
  • Luke...I can't believe they'll pass it up.
We need an episode of Luke looking for that jedi hunter and giving up after finding quicksand.

Ahsoka is gonna take the baby, along with ezra, and go off into uncharted space to make a new "jedi" organization that is better the the old jedi. Hence why baby yoda and Ahsoka are no where near the sequel movies.
👀

Oct 25, 2017
Yiddle has to be take the title of Mandalore, it's the only logical conclusion to the story. The Mandalorian people have been scattered and driven into hiding. Now there is a chance of one, with the Force and the Darksaber in play, to lead the clans for up to 1000 years? It is the way

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I think the force has always been that powerful but we can only see it in incredibly rare circumstances. Like remember the Son, Father, and Daughter? Beings who were literally force gods so powerful that the Father had to guarantee that the Son could never leave or else the galaxy would be compromised. Powered up Palp running off of a once in a thousand year force bond is one such instance.

Well, to me the beauty of that episode is that we have no idea how much is "real." I simply took the family trio as physical manifestations of The Force as opposed to living entities. But, in the end, they all just wake up on the ship with no knowledge of what happened. I always felt that everything that happened in that episode operated outside the physical realm. The same with Yoda's trippy Force walk to learn how to commune with the Living Force.

TROS has no subtlety, nothing mystical. It's just, "oh you know that Force Unleashed shit? Yeah, that's all canon now. So cool."

Maybe, probably. But it still explains why she wasn't around to help Luke ever post rotj. She was off doing her own stuff.

Because Filoni couldn't let go when Ahsoka's natural end was clearly to be killed by Anakin. Her story was complete at that moment.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
jedi-temple-luke.jpg

My Head Canon.
Mara Jade took him to go somewhere else before that.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Because Filoni couldn't let go when Ahsoka's natural end was clearly to be killed by Anakin. Her story was complete at that moment.

I mean, yeah. But now it can be used as a way for a "fresh start" of Star Wars shit. Off to a new unknown galaxy with Ahoska/Ezra teaching baby yoda and any other force sensitives. With baby yoda living for 5000 years or w/e, that gives the movies time to jump around, could chronlogically follow his growth into the future "jedi" (or whatever term they decide to use, whills, maybe?) grand master as each movie shows his progress. Due to the years it takes for him to grow that gives OTHER tv shows and possible movies literal decades to play around with and explore different shit in a fresh setting.

Just my 2 cents anyway, I think it would be a good restart.